READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild.

Question for those who have experienced - do you find that the app works slower in the park vs. when you've practiced at home? I got through 2 successful practice attempts this AM so I am feeling good but nervous that on the day my app will lag because of the number of people around me using the same cell network.

I am 51 days away and I am still so unsure of my knowledge on the most efficient way to get a group. I have read and re-read the post Covid directions. I have watched some you tube videos. Hopefully, I will have more confidence as the days go by. I keep forgetting to practice at home. I need to start setting an alarm, but we are back at work and times just gets away from me.

I will keep checking back here for tips and success stories!

I don't like the look of this. Since reservations are required, I can't see why Disney does not allow guests to obtain a BG at 10am if they have a park reservation for that day, regardless of where they are, even if they have not yet tapped into the park. Even if they get an early BG they have an hour to get to the ride even if they call the very first BGs at 10am, which often isn't the case.

Just seems like this current system is a recipe for disaster!

Last edited:
I know it easier said than done, but if you get there early enough, won't have to worry about that congestion.

I'd say all those people had just entered the park moments before BGs went live. When I went a few weeks ago I was riding SDD when I got mine lol

There's enough space in the rest of the park, people just choose to wait in Hollywood Blvd. I head to Echo lake, at Min and Bills or even by ST or Animation courtyard and it's empty. Again one of those pics that captures a milisecond of the day. Obviously Disney should tell people to disperse if they are not smart enough to not be in that crowd

Wild.

Question for those who have experienced - do you find that the app works slower in the park vs. when you've practiced at home? I got through 2 successful practice attempts this AM so I am feeling good but nervous that on the day my app will lag because of the number of people around me using the same cell network.
the app has worked for me the same way, without wifi, both at home and in the parks

There's enough space in the rest of the park, people just choose to wait in Hollywood Blvd. I head to Echo lake, at Min and Bills or even by ST or Animation courtyard and it's empty. Again one of those pics that captures a milisecond of the day. Obviously Disney should tell people to disperse if they are not smart enough to not be in that crowd
I suspect it is because disney transportation is causing a lot of people to arrive at HS all at the same time between 9:30 and 10am. Would be better if they started running the buses and gondolas a half hour earlier to allow more time for people to get through security/temp check and make their way into the park.

I suspect it is because disney transportation is causing a lot of people to arrive at HS all at the same time between 9:30 and 10am. Would be better if they started running the buses and gondolas a half hour earlier to allow more time for people to get through security/temp check and make their way into the park.

actually I think it's more of the parking lot. If you're driving in, and not there before 930, it gets ridiculously backed up. Can take a while to park then get to entrance

actually I think it's more of the parking lot. If you're driving in, and not there before 930, it gets ridiculously backed up. Can take a while to park then get to entrance
What is the current recommended arrival time by car? We will be driving to HS next week and want to arrive and park as early as possible.

But that's just compounding the problem because cars are all arriving at the same time as disney transportation. You have everyone arriving at the gates in a half hour window--it is going to get packed.

Actually, the solution is really to delay the initial BP distribution until 11am. That way everyone will plenty of time to park or bus/skyliner in, get through security, and go somewhere else in the park before hunkering down to try for a BP.

But that's just compounding the problem because cars are all arriving at the same time as disney transportation. You have everyone arriving at the gates in a half hour window--it is going to get packed.

Actually, the solution is really to delay the initial BP distribution until 11am. That way everyone will plenty of time to park or bus/skyliner in, get through security, and go somewhere else in the park before hunkering down to try for a BP.

I've seen that brought up a lot, but I don't like it, why take away a hour to be able to ride? That'll be even less BGs they'd get through

Hmm delaying will just make more people try for the early bg, if spots are going in 10 seconds now with more people it'll be worse.
The arrival in the morning is not awful since everyone is walking to the entrance, not like 100s are getting off a tram at the same time, and buses are running with only 10s of people so that's not the issue. People just need to move away from the entrance once they get there. Opening earlier will just make people arrive earlier, the truth is that the current system is the best way under the circumstances

Hmm delaying will just make more people try for the early bg, if spots are going in 10 seconds now with more people it'll be worse.
The arrival in the morning is not awful since everyone is walking to the entrance, not like 100s are getting off a tram at the same time, and buses are running with only 10s of people so that's not the issue. People just need to move away from the entrance once they get there. Opening earlier will just make people arrive earlier, the truth is that the current system is the best way under the circumstances
I take it back... the BEST option in my opinion would allow anyone with a park pass for HS to try for a BP, regardless of where they have tapped in or not. Avoids the cluster at the gate because people can stay in their resort rooms or if local, at home.

I don't think early opening time helps either, since as you said, it just moves the mess earlier. But I do think they should open the parking lot and disney transportation earlier to give people time to get in and get away from the entrance, and let people enter the park at 9am even if the rides don't open until 10am. Just like how they used to let people enter Magic kingdom an hour early and just wander around main street and the hub until the rope drop to avoid the crowds at the main gate.

Yeah i try to be at the toll by 9:05 and just wait for them to open it up
So they don’t turn you away if you are driving and lined up early? Maybe I misunderstood when I saw talk about Ubers having to loop around if they got there too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter