READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally back home and getting back to posting...our DHS day was on Monday. I had been practicing and posting here for weeks.

We got dropped off at Speedway and walked over to DHS, arriving at 8:22. There was about 30 people ahead of us. We took the left line, and got moved over to temp check at 8:45, and they started right at 9. Inside the park and 6th in line for MMRR! They started running it at 9:16. Then we walked over to SDD, which began operating at 9:30.

At 10, in line for Slinky...the moment of truth arrived. My wife and I both tried. And I won!!! We got BG 4. I shouted. We high-fived. My. daughter jumped for joy. There were others that were very happy, and many that weren't. As for the particulars...I had location services on because I do not believe that matters at all. We were on cell data, because I do not trust the park Wifi in a crucial moment like that.

Thanks to this thread and the help from others, we had a great DHS day. ROTR is incredible, and worth all the stress of hoping to get a BG haha. I can't wait to do it again.

We leave tomorrow morning for Florida. Next Tuesday and the following Sunday, we'll be at DHS. Practice at both 10am and 2 pm has been pretty consistently successful over the past week. I've had my wife practice several times recently and she has also been successful! We'll have 3 people trying on Tuesday and 5 on Sunday.

I probably shouldn't say this or else I'll jinx it but, to paraphrase: I have a good feeling about this.

We leave tomorrow morning for Florida. Next Tuesday and the following Sunday, we'll be at DHS. Practice at both 10am and 2 pm has been pretty consistently successful over the past week. I've had my wife practice several times recently and she has also been successful! We'll have 3 people trying on Tuesday and 5 on Sunday.

I probably shouldn't say this or else I'll jinx it but, to paraphrase: I have a good feeling about this.
MTFBWY, you got this

MTFBWY, you got this
Thanks!

P.S. I enjoyed the live stream at MK yesterday. I'm feeling generally good about the crowd levels for next week (assuming they don't suddenly increase inexplicably from this week). I know we won't be walking on everything, but we're able to deal with 45-60 minute lines for headliners and that seems to be the most people are waiting for the vast majority of attractions, with lower waits still sprinkled in.

Went this past Tuesday. Uber’d from Riviera to Speedway, quick easy walk. 2 lines were already formed. When they moved us up to the temp check tents, we were the third or forth family in our line. They started to allow people through the temp check around 9:14. We were all the way to the right. They all started doing checks at the same time. We went straight to MMRT and they made an announcement they were getting the ride started soon, but by the time we walked through the queue, it was going. I think we were on the second to third train of the day. Line for slinky was still relatively short, but was scared of the time element. So walked on TSM instead at 9:36. Walked out of the ride sat on a bench at TSM exit for a few minutes and got BG7. Couldn’t have scripted a better morning. Thanks for all the tips here! We had 3 people trying, 2 of us on Verizon with IPhones, 1 on T-Mobile who also had WiFi on, on an android. He never practiced and only downloaded the app the night before. The other two of us have been practicing for weeks. Of course, he was the one that got the BG!

I think they should be putting more than one party in a vehicle. It was the three of us, then a single rider in the other car. Plus the other cars we saw going through the ride when we were were completely empty. I could be wrong but by erring on caution with the one group in a vehicle, they can’t keep up, and lots of wasted cars and people who could have ridden instead of being disappointed. It would not have bothered us one bit to have others in the car.
What time did you get to the Speedway?

Thanks!

P.S. I enjoyed the live stream at MK yesterday. I'm feeling generally good about the crowd levels for next week (assuming they don't suddenly increase inexplicably from this week). I know we won't be walking on everything, but we're able to deal with 45-60 minute lines for headliners and that seems to be the most people are waiting for the vast majority of attractions, with lower waits still sprinkled in.
thanks for watching. It really is all about expectations, just rope drop and take advantage of the last hour and you'll be fine, enjoy your trip

Thanks!

thanks for watching. It really is all about expectations, just rope drop and take advantage of the last hour and you'll be fine, enjoy your trip
We were at MK yesterday too and these comments sum it up perfectly. And also sum up our DHS experience as well. You will most likely have at least a few 45-60 minutes no matter how you plan. I highly recommend taking an umbrella to block the sun because MK and DHS both have several lines in direct sun. HM was probably the worst for us. We jumped in line at 4:00 when it said 35 mins wait but it quickly jumped to 40 and then 55. It took us 47 mins and the majority of the line was in the sun. It was by far the most hot and non socially distant line of all 4 parks.

So did I see in this thread that when you’re in the park, you don’t have to select group members anymore? That people on your list who are in the park are automatically selected? So if I’m practicing at home and have to select those, that would be a step I wouldn’t actually have to do when trying for real?

So did I see in this thread that when you’re in the park, you don’t have to select group members anymore? That people on your list who are in the park are automatically selected? So if I’m practicing at home and have to select those, that would be a step I wouldn’t actually have to do when trying for real?
Yes. You no longer need to select those in the park.

Yes. You no longer need to select those in the park.
So when you're trying at home, you don't have to take time to select anyone. Just hit Join again. I practiced this morning for the first time, and I was successful. So happy!

Don’t mean to be a downer..... but we are in the park today and did everything to a tee, at both 10 and 2....... didn’t get a boarding group either time. They processed 120 groups today, but we were not one of them. 😢
We have never had issues before, but seems like the groups were gone in milliseconds today.... I was refreshing and tried to join immediately when they became available..... but already full.
Oh well. Hopefully better luck next time.

Don’t mean to be a downer..... but we are in the park today and did everything to a tee, at both 10 and 2....... didn’t get a boarding group either time. They processed 120 groups today, but we were not one of them. 😢
We have never had issues before, but seems like the groups were gone in milliseconds today.... I was refreshing and tried to join immediately when they became available..... but already full.
Oh well. Hopefully better luck next time.

Ugh, I’m sorry that sucks big time. This is my fear. We’re going to do two days at HS so hopefully they will be enough to get us on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter