READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter spam pressed the last Join button as it's grayed out, so you can see it before you can actually press it. That's how she beat me.

Sorry.....my brain is having a hard time digesting this........may be due to autocorrect......please explain a bit more.

Appreciate the report and congrats!

So, just a quick thank you to all who have contributed to this forum and kept it updated through Covid! I'll post a TR in another forum, but we only spent one day at Disney and did HS on Tuesday, the day after Columbus Day. We stayed off site, took Uber to Swan, walked to HS (10 min, easy walk), got to the lines forming to advance to temp check approximately 8:10 (official park opening was slated for 10am). There are restrooms outside the park with super cold AC, so take advantage. There had been no availability for park reservations for this particular day for a bit. The line to temp check started moving when the Skyliner started, fortunately they let everyone in around 9 and the important rides were running. We fast walked to MMRR, pretty much walked on, made it to SDD, waited about 20 min, got off at 9:57, had my family of 4 get their fingers ready and my heart sank when it said "remove guest from party..." but that's because my DD achieved BG 7! I had practiced for a couple of weeks, but only as work/life allowed, then I had my kids practice a few days. My daughter spam pressed the last Join button as it's grayed out, so you can see it before you can actually press it. That's how she beat me. I head a CM tell someone in our line before entry to just have one person do it, but I felt better having everyone try in case of a glitch. Good luck everyone, they wound up with around 100 BGs that day and we were able to ride every ride in the park with TOT and RNR happening 2x each.
This is exactly what we plan to do. I think I am going to have my teenagers start disney accounts so that they can try for boarding groups too.

This is exactly what we plan to do. I think I am going to have my teenagers start disney accounts so that they can try for boarding groups too.

I've seen people having someone not in the park log into their MDE account and try for a BG while they are also logged into the same account. So you should be able to do the same thing in the park.

I just practiced at home and boarding groups were full in 15 seconds! Ugh!
Boarding groups will be gone in 3 seconds max. We did a countdown clock @ 9:59 for 55 seconds we were already on the "Join" page. no wifi. verizon. we got BGs 38 one day and 39 another. there were four of us trying. iphones 11

I'm going tomorrow nd hoping to have confirmation on this but they are still testing after hours this week so they might implement 2 parties per vehicle as soon as next week to up the capacity a bit
I really hope this allows for a higher number of BG's distributed, hopefully making it somewhat easier to get a BG. A 20 or 30 second window instead of this 5 second window we're seeing now would be amazing! lol

Boarding groups will be gone in 3 seconds max. We did a countdown clock @ 9:59 for 55 seconds we were already on the "Join" page. no wifi. verizon. we got BGs 38 one day and 39 another. there were four of us trying. iphones 11

Does Verizon have good coverage in Disney? What speeds do you see? I'll be there in December trying for a BG.

I actually used this threat today to my 10 year old:
"If you're not willing to practice getting a boarding group with me then I dont think we will be able to go to Hollywood Studios during our trip! This is too risky to mess around with!"
I actually used those words. This is messing with my brain.

Sorry.....my brain is having a hard time digesting this........may be due to autocorrect......please explain a bit more.

Appreciate the report and congrats!
Thanks! Itt just means that when you press the first join button, it takes you to another "join" button, then it takes you to a page of all of the people connected to your MDE app. It will already have pre-selected the people in your app that have scanned into the park. When you are waiting on that page to "load" you will see the last "join" button on the bottom of screen grayed out and waiting to load up and be active. My daughter just kept pressing that location so as soon as it became "active" she beat me to the punch and got through instead of just sitting there waiting on that button to load in full color.

Does Verizon have good coverage in Disney? What speeds do you see? I'll be there in December trying for a BG.
Yes, but it can be spotty, I wandered a little around SDD to find a spot with 5 bars as a few feet away I had 2 bars, but I think that's just from the amount of people possibly? I've heard TOT and Sunset Blvd can be the spottiest coverage.

We had great service except in our room @ Copper Creek. The in room wifi is awful. If you go on the balcony then you can connect to Wilderness Lodge guest wifi, which is better.

Just returned from our trip and managed to ride ROTR 3 times which was very unexpected! We had 4 people trying (but two of us were using the same account). Interestingly, it was the same person who got it each time. So, I'm not sure if my husband just has lightening fast fingers or if there is something about his phone that's faster. He even scored boarding group 1 on our final park day!!

I've seen people having someone not in the park log into their MDE account and try for a BG while they are also logged into the same account. So you should be able to do the same thing in the park.
My kids just signed into my acct and did it from there. The 12 yr old got it the first day and the 17 yr old who left our vaca a couple days early got us a BG from home on our second park day.

I find this discussion fascinating as we were there at 5:30am this past December and felt rewarded , both days with a 10am BG.

this new scheme seems to be more of a lottery vs first come first serve. Granted I know folks complained about posted opening time vs early opening pre-covid. Each has its trade offs.

I hope we get rise this coming November we’ll have 4 shots at it. Two park days...Friday and Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter