READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you use a clock with the seconds counting down? Or did you refresh constantly until the join button appeared?

We used an atomic clock app on a spare phone (we had an old phone that was powering a fan, haha!)

We were on cell service (Verizon), no WiFi, hubby checked cell speed in our location, all apps closed, opened MDE with a few minutes to go, four of us trying, plus the clock phone.

We used an atomic clock app on a spare phone (we had an old phone that was powering a fan, haha!)

We were on cell service (Verizon), no WiFi, hubby checked cell speed in our location, all apps closed, opened MDE with a few minutes to go, four of us trying, plus the clock phone.

Nice! I like the idea of the extra clock phone!! Then you aren’t wasting someone else’s phone who can be trying for a BG. Thanks!

Seems like it has been harder to get a boarding group playing from home lately....I used to have about 75% success rate and now I’m closer to 25%. I realize it’s getting busier in the parks now but still very discouraging heading into our trip in 3 weeks. How’s everyone else doing with your practice from home?

Seems like it has been harder to get a boarding group playing from home lately....I used to have about 75% success rate and now I’m closer to 25%. I realize it’s getting busier in the parks now but still very discouraging heading into our trip in 3 weeks. How’s everyone else doing with your practice from home?
Mine is about 50/50. Makes me wanna NOT do a day at DHS because of the horrid disappointment that would come to my son if we were there but didn't get on.

I agree that it seems to be going a lot faster now! And I've noticed the app lagging

I haven't been successful in my last 4 attempts from home. Yikes! I'm trying a bunch of different angles until I finally get successful!

I haven't been successful in my last 4 attempts from home. Yikes! I'm trying a bunch of different angles until I finally get successful!
I'm afraid of what happens with galaxies edge if the rumor is true that mfsr would utilize a virtual queue too.

Keep practicing! I'm also hoping that the dividers will help with distributing more bgs so more chances to ride.
I'll take what I can get!

Reactions: CJK
When I can practice (usually the 1000 drop) I’m at maybe a 50/50 where I used to be 99% of the time. It’s truly amazing how fast the BG go. We don’t have an upcoming trip... just like to practice because it makes me feel a little bit a part of wdw.

No plexiglass seen on any ride vehicles today. Single parties. BG 22 on Friday and BG 4 today. Yea practicing at home for weeks!!
I was going to say the same thing. No plexiglass, but I'll be here also on Wednesday.Today I had a local friend with me who had never been on the ride. We got BG 25, and she loved it!

How rigid is the 1-hour return time for BGs? We have a big family trip scheduled and DH really wants to share a Kitchen Sink with the grandkids. I'm going to try to schedule it on our Epcot day, but I may not be able to do it. If we had to book an ADR at B&C at lunchtime on a Studios day, were lucky enough to get a BG, and the BG was called at a time that conflicted with the ADR, could we come late to the BG?

We were there in September and because the ride had a brief outage our boarding group was coming up at the exact same time as our sci fi reservation. We swung by the ride on our way to lunch and the CM in front of it all told us to eat first then come to the ride. We checked in at sci fi just as our group was called and told the host. He also said to eat then ride. We got to rise about 15 min after our hour was up and scanned in and were not even questioned as to why we were late. They let us walk right though. We would not have left the park for a reservation however and expected to get on. We were really close to our time. I was prepared to show our reservation on the app if necessary. But we didn’t have an issue.

Mine is about 50/50. Makes me wanna NOT do a day at DHS because of the horrid disappointment that would come to my son if we were there but didn't get on.

In the past month or so of trying at least once a day, I've only NOT gotten it once.

Nice! I like the idea of the extra clock phone!! Then you aren’t wasting someone else’s phone who can be trying for a BG. Thanks!

I downloaded an app for my android phone that shows the seconds next to the regular time in the status bar. I think it's just called Seconds Clock.

We were there in September and because the ride had a brief outage our boarding group was coming up at the exact same time as our sci fi reservation. We swung by the ride on our way to lunch and the CM in front of it all told us to eat first then come to the ride. We checked in at sci fi just as our group was called and told the host. He also said to eat then ride. We got to rise about 15 min after our hour was up and scanned in and were not even questioned as to why we were late. They let us walk right though. We would not have left the park for a reservation however and expected to get on. We were really close to our time. I was prepared to show our reservation on the app if necessary. But we didn’t have an issue.
Thanks. I’m really going to try to avoid potential RotR BG conflicts - but DH has his heart (and tastebuds) set on that Kitchen Sink....

Is rotr having a bad day today? Was it broken down? Bg 54 @ 4:26 wdw time

Raining off and on today and was down a lot. We had an aborted ride already with BG 4 that gave us a FP to return. Friday was no clouds in the sky and was reported 120 groups, I believe.

Practiced just now & “join” was up! I will most probably be going on a Wed. 1st week of Dec. 2021 so who knows how it will go then.

Did anyone else have a No Virtual Queues Available to Join message this morning when practicing from home?

Did it work for people in the park this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter