READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few questions:

Should I be on the page that has the little brown TOT picture at the top and then pull down to refresh right at 10? Or should I be at the screen prior to this (Join Virtual Queue)?

Our kids are not attending but they're on my Friends & Family List. Should I remove them before trying to obtain a pass? Or will it be find to just select the two people that are going to be riding.
I have been less successful at home with that refresh method of pulling the screen down. It just seems to take longer to refresh. I find it much faster to keep going in and out of that screen by clicking Join Virtual Queue and then going in and out of that until the blue Join button pops up. Please note I do not have park experience with this yet though:)

We were at HS on Wednesday. I had read many pages on this thread over the past few weeks and had long decided we didn't have a hope of getting a boarding group, and wasn't even going to bother to try. DH is a Star Wars fan, I didn't really know the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek, so I knew this would disappoint him most of all. But, we talked about it beforehand and decided it just wasn't worth the mental stresses for one ride.

When we arrived at the park, we walked around a bit and took some Photopass pics and took in all the changes since our last visit (we hadn't been to DHS since 2009, despite this being our 20th trip to Orlando during that same time frame). DH decided to ride RnRC so I just chilled by the attraction entrance. As I was standing there, I realized (based on all the other people looking at their phones) it was just a couple of minutes before 10. So I thought, what the heck. I'm a sucker for punishment. So I casually clicked Join Virtual Queue when the time hit 10 am on my phone and Voila! Boarding group 42 with no strategy (other than doing so right at 10) or pre-planning whatsoever.

I'm definitely glad I decided to at least give securing a boarding group a try. Threads like this one pretty much stripped me of any hope, so the opportunity to ride was definitely a highlight of the day (we walked around for the balance of the morning feeling like we had found Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket lol).

So it still is possible to just simply get lucky with no practice or pre-planning at all.

We were at HS on Wednesday. I had read many pages on this thread over the past few weeks and had long decided we didn't have a hope of getting a boarding group, and wasn't even going to bother to try. DH is a Star Wars fan, I didn't really know the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek, so I knew this would disappoint him most of all. But, we talked about it beforehand and decided it just wasn't worth the mental stresses for one ride.

When we arrived at the park, we walked around a bit and took some Photopass pics and took in all the changes since our last visit (we hadn't been to DHS since 2009, despite this being our 20th trip to Orlando during that same time frame). DH decided to ride RnRC so I just chilled by the attraction entrance. As I was standing there, I realized (based on all the other people looking at their phones) it was just a couple of minutes before 10. So I thought, what the heck. I'm a sucker for punishment. So I casually clicked Join Virtual Queue when the time hit 10 am on my phone and Voila! Boarding group 42 with no strategy (other than doing so right at 10) or pre-planning whatsoever.

I'm definitely glad I decided to at least give securing a boarding group a try. Threads like this one pretty much stripped me of any hope, so the opportunity to ride was definitely a highlight of the day (we walked around for the balance of the morning feeling like we had found Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket lol).

So it still is possible to just simply get lucky with no practice or pre-planning at all.
Not understanding this statement. Why is this thread striping anyone of hope? If you read just back reports I would say 99% of people say they were able to secure a bg and ride. Yes practicing helps to know where buttons are but not a lot of people have come back here to say they couldn't join at all. I'm glad you had a good time

Not understanding this statement. Why is this thread striping anyone of hope? If you read just back reports I would say 99% of people say they were able to secure a bg and ride. Yes practicing helps to know where buttons are but not a lot of people have come back here to say they couldn't join at all. I'm glad you had a good time

I'm sorry you took my post as a negative. It was intended with the opposite sentiment....it was 100% meant to give some folks who were stressing out some hope. 816 pages of "strategy" and reports of BG's being gone in 4 seconds definitely did not give casual Disney visitors like us much confidence. Perhaps I am in the minority.

It was a fabulous ride, extremely well done. We are grateful to have had the opportunity to experience it.

Question - coming down in just under 3 weeks. 2 DHS days planned, a 3rd could be day of departure.

Regardless of how you get to the Join group button,I have a question about folks in park vs us-scoring-at-home <

1. Why are folks saying , to continue WITHOUT selecting "everyone in your group" , there will be 6 in mine.... (because I don't wanna ride alone)
2. More of a comment / question, I don't think they should allow folks not in the park to even attempt the first 2 steps (join/select) only to be denied via Loc services at step 3

IMO, I wish the Join button was not enabled for non eligible folks (aka not in the park) .

As much fun it is , to play along from home, it seems counter intuitive to allow us to swamp the app, vs helping the folks who are legit in the park trying to work this lottery.

I get that you are not confirmed until step 3-4, but that just seems wrong .

What I wish :
* Ability to pre-select your group, prior to <join> -

Anyway- here's hoping we get a group 1 of the 4 times we will be attempting in Nov.

If I am understanding the first page, you have 3 opportunities to join a queue right? Park opening, 10am, 2pm. I am noticing folks are "practicing" to grab a group at 10 or 2. Does this mean when we practice, we take away boarding group opportunities for people with park tickets or how does that work?

I'll give it a shot because I am one of many who doesn't want to get there super early just to get a BG.

If I am understanding the first page, you have 3 opportunities to join a queue right? Park opening, 10am, 2pm. I am noticing folks are "practicing" to grab a group at 10 or 2. Does this mean when we practice, we take away boarding group opportunities for people with park tickets or how does that work?

I'll give it a shot because I am one of many who doesn't want to get there super early just to get a BG.
There are two times to join a queue (10am, 2pm). Practicing does not take away boarding groups b/c you have to be in the park to actually get one.

1. Why are folks saying , to continue WITHOUT selecting "everyone in your group" , there will be 6 in mine.... (because I don't wanna ride alone)
2. More of a comment / question, I don't think they should allow folks not in the park to even attempt the first 2 steps (join/select) only to be denied via Loc services at step 3
1. When in the park, everyone that scans in for the day will be pre-selected in the app, so practicing without selecting will give you a more real world feel of how to run through getting a BG.
2. location services doesn't determine your ability to get a BG, you scanning into the park is what determines your eligibility.

ETA: Misunderstood the 2nd question. I think it has to do with the fact that the system doesn't know who all will be attempting to get a BG in Step 2, so it has to check for park entry after that, not before.

When multiple people in 1 group are trying for a bg, what will the screen look like if someone else in the group gets the bg for you first? (screen shot would be useful!)

I don't recall the exact verbiage, but for the person who didn't get the BG, they'll get some kind of error message (along the lines of "Not so fast, someone isn't eligible"). The error message won't state that it's an error because you already got the BG. But if you go back to the virtual queue page, it'll then show you the BG you're in.

When I've gotten a BG with a group, we're all standing together and whoever gets it says they got it, which makes it obvious to the rest of us why we got an error message.

A few questions:

Should I be on the page that has the little brown TOT picture at the top and then pull down to refresh right at 10? Or should I be at the screen prior to this (Join Virtual Queue)?

Our kids are not attending but they're on my Friends & Family List. Should I remove them before trying to obtain a pass? Or will it be find to just select the two people that are going to be riding.

I had really good luck from the Join Virtual Queue page (2 for 2, early BGs). I haven't tried the refresh method.

Thanks for the replies, I did not realize that once scanned into park, that your group will indeed be preselected <<<<

I had good success this AM from home, where I actually got rejected (red pop up from bottom) , but simply trying again got me thru to "everyone not in the park ?"

That happened twice - via retries - so apparently we have some window, albeit small, to retry. Crossing fingers

There are two times to join a queue (10am, 2pm). Practicing does not take away boarding groups b/c you have to be in the park to actually get one.

Okay, got it. So folks can't even join the queue and get a BG until they are in the park, checking at 10am and 2pm. You can't get a BG by walking into the gates at opening...only at 10 and 2. Thanks for explaining it!

Okay, got it. So folks can't even join the queue and get a BG until they are in the park, checking at 10am and 2pm. You can't get a BG by walking into the gates at opening...only at 10 and 2. Thanks for explaining it!
10 AM is park opening. They let people through the gates earlier, but official opening is 10.

Also once scanned into the park you can leave and get a bg from somewhere else
Let's say you go at 11am to the park, enter and then leave ro have lunch at beach club, you can join at 2pm from thr bracco club cause you scanned into the park already.

Let's say you go at 11am to the park, enter and then leave ro have lunch at beach club, you can join at 2pm from thr bracco club cause you scanned into the park already.

This is good to know! I JUST booked a 2 night weekend for Nov 6-8 to surprise DH for his birthday and I have been hesitant about trying to book anything for lunch. What if we have a lunch booked and it interferes with our boarding time?? We have ONE day to get this right and I'm just now starting to research this. Already worried "what if we don't get it". I just now tried the 2:00 "practice" and I sucked. :rotfl2: So I just came in here to see if I could get some more tips. I was glad to read that "in real life" once we're actually IN the park my group will be pre-selected because I feel like searching for DH in my list of friends tripped me up and cost me the shot. Not sure I understand the pull-down / refresh thing. I can't have him practicing yet since he doesn't know yet that we're going...

Thanks for that! I also want to thank disney dreamer...I didn't realize the park opens at 10.

This is good to know! I JUST booked a 2 night weekend for Nov 6-8 to surprise DH for his birthday and I have been hesitant about trying to book anything for lunch. What if we have a lunch booked and it interferes with our boarding time?? We have ONE day to get this right and I'm just now starting to research this. Already worried "what if we don't get it". I just now tried the 2:00 "practice" and I sucked. :rotfl2: So I just came in here to see if I could get some more tips. I was glad to read that "in real life" once we're actually IN the park my group will be pre-selected because I feel like searching for DH in my list of friends tripped me up and cost me the shot. Not sure I understand the pull-down / refresh thing. I can't have him practicing yet since he doesn't know yet that we're going...
You have only one hour to return once your bg is called

I'm thinking about having my husband download the app because his phone is faster/newer than mine (though I was successful during 2 PM practice today :D), but I already have him as a guest on my account. I've already done our ADRs for our December trip--will having him make his own account screw with those at all?

Heads up, friendship boats begin to operate November 1st for the bw, yc/bc, s/d route. Interestingly it's also going all the way to epcot, no real need for that last stop unless something else is coming

I'm thinking about having my husband download the app because his phone is faster/newer than mine (though I was successful during 2 PM practice today :D), but I already have him as a guest on my account. I've already done our ADRs for our December trip--will having him make his own account screw with those at all?
He can sign in under your account with your password and you can both try at the same time. He doesn’t need his own account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter