READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, It's been almost 10 years since we went to Disney World. At the time, my young kids were being such brats that I told them we wouldn't go back until they are older and can appreciate all the time/money and stress that goes into the trip.. yes, I'm that mean parent :) So, we are finally planning to go back in July b/c we are huge Star Wars fans and thought we might have a better chance of going to Galaxy's Edge/Rise of the Resistance this year versus another year post-covid. For all you seasoned DW visitors, does our logic make sense?
We are only really going for ROTR/GE and would love to buy just 1-day ticket, but I know I should buy more just in case we can't get the 7am or 1pm Virtual Queue. So a few questions...
- How many days would you buy?
- What do you think our chances are of getting tickets/reservations now for DHS and then, if we don't get the ROTR queue, switching to another park on the same day (without entering DHS)? I would hate to buy 3 day tickets and have to go to DHS each day b/c we couldn't find availability at another park.
On the bright side, I just tried for the 1pm queue and I got as far as picking myself (no tickets yet) .. so that's a good sign, right? But, I expect it'll be much worse in the summer.
Thanks so much for any opinions/feedback!

On the bright side, I just tried for the 1pm queue and I got as far as picking myself (no tickets yet) .. so that's a good sign, right? But, I expect it'll be much worse in the summer.

Getting to that party selection screen is not enough. You need to keep going until it gives you an error that asks if you have tickets linked. If you get that, you would have been successful. Don't stop to read what's on the screen. Just hit JOIN JOIN JOIN as fast as you can.

Hi, It's been almost 10 years since we went to Disney World. At the time, my young kids were being such brats that I told them we wouldn't go back until they are older and can appreciate all the time/money and stress that goes into the trip.. yes, I'm that mean parent :) So, we are finally planning to go back in July b/c we are huge Star Wars fans and thought we might have a better chance of going to Galaxy's Edge/Rise of the Resistance this year versus another year post-covid. For all you seasoned DW visitors, does our logic make sense?
We are only really going for ROTR/GE and would love to buy just 1-day ticket, but I know I should buy more just in case we can't get the 7am or 1pm Virtual Queue. So a few questions...
- How many days would you buy?
- What do you think our chances are of getting tickets/reservations now for DHS and then, if we don't get the ROTR queue, switching to another park on the same day (without entering DHS)? I would hate to buy 3 day tickets and have to go to DHS each day b/c we couldn't find availability at another park.

if you’re going in July make sure park passes are available before you book. I think HS is sold out till mid July. You need to get Your tickets and book park passes ASAP.

I would book 2 days at HS if ROTR is important. sometimes late boarding groups don’t get to ride if the ride keeps breaking down. You can always book park hoppers. Older kids will like AK, but that could be a half day and park hop to MK or Epcot. I wouldn’t bet on going to another park without entering HS as that depends on availability and park hopping starts at 2 pm. There are a lot of new rides and some new shows as well to keep you occupied. I do think restrictions will be lifted more by July.

Last edited:
Yay! Can I ask, did you do anything "different" with your phone? Such as: turning off WiFi, keeping it ON, etc. I think I'm becoming a pro at the process, I just don't know how the phone should be, or look like the actual day of, if that makes sense. For the record, I'm trying this from the Boardwalk Villas in June. I don't know what the phone situation is like there, do we stay in the room to do it, or go to the lobby, things like that.
I think it is important to run a download speed test to see which is faster, wifi or cell service. I was surprised how much faster wifi was from our room at the YC.

Last edited:
Heading to HS today so tried to join the queue this morning. Used the Atomic Clock, hit join and in a split second got the dreaded message of no more groups, try at 1PM. I'm at home in Orlando, so maybe it actually is better to be on property for a better outcome.

Last edited:
Got 36! Woohoo!
Husband also tried at the same time but when he got to party selection he got the message/warning saying something about something going wrong with the party so I’m not sure what happened there that’s all the details he remembers

Got 36! Woohoo!
Husband also tried at the same time but when he got to party selection he got the message/warning saying something about something going wrong with the party so I’m not sure what happened there that’s all the details he remembers
And now that I’m thinking about it I’m wondering if he got that message because I got the group before he did

Getting to that party selection screen is not enough. You need to keep going until it gives you an error that asks if you have tickets linked. If you get that, you would have been successful. Don't stop to read what's on the screen. Just hit JOIN JOIN JOIN as fast as you can.
During my last trip, I had to laugh. I had myself and my 2 daughters ages 20 and 16. We read up on how to get a boarding groups (specifically the JOIN JOIN JOIN as fast as you can). We felt ready. We had DHS booked for 2 days. Day 1, we did not get a boarding group at 7AM. At 1PM, my 16 year old got the boarding group. Day 2, 7AM, my 16 year old again got the boarding group. It was clear to me that she is much faster on the iPhone than I am. I *felt like* I was clicking super fast, but clearly my phone speed is not in the same league with a seasoned teen. (I was on the second JOIN, when my teen yelled out "Got it!")

Last edited:
if you’re going in July make sure park passes are available before you book. I think HS is sold out till mid July. You need to get Your tickets and book park passes ASAP.

I would book 2 days at HS if ROTR is important. sometimes late boarding groups don’t get to ride if the ride keeps breaking down. You can always book park hoppers. Older kids will like AK, but that could be a half day and park hop to MK or Epcot. I wouldn’t bet on going to another park without entering HS as that depends on availability and park hopping starts at 2 pm. There are a lot of new rides and some new shows as well to keep you occupied. I do think restrictions will be lifted more by July.
Thanks for the reply! 2 days sounds like a good plan if we go in July, but do you think we should wait until 2022? The only reason we thought to go now is b/c we thought crowds would be less.. but to your point, it'll probably start getting busier by July as restrictions get lifted.. Maybe waiting until 2022 makes sense?

Thanks for the reply! 2 days sounds like a good plan if we go in July, but do you think we should wait until 2022? The only reason we thought to go now is b/c we thought crowds would be less.. but to your point, it'll probably start getting busier by July as restrictions get lifted.. Maybe waiting until 2022 makes sense?
I’ll send a PM. I don’t want to get off topic here.

Edit: you don’t have enough posts so I couldn’t send a message. Maybe start a new thread.

Last edited:
If you're looking for feedback about this, please create a thread in the 'Theme Park Plans' forum and people there will be happy to share their thoughts.

I agree with @Disturbia that it's better to discuss it elsewhere and keep this thread on topic.

So I'm traveling solo, so no atomic clock and it's just me smashing JOIN.

Any tips? I am going with the expectation that I *won't* be able to ride ROTR, but I am still going to try.

I've practiced at home and gotten to "no park reservations" is that a success or not?

So I'm traveling solo, so no atomic clock and it's just me smashing JOIN.

Any tips? I am going with the expectation that I *won't* be able to ride ROTR, but I am still going to try.

I've practiced at home and gotten to "no park reservations" is that a success or not?
That's a success, yes! Sounds like you already know what to do, just keep practicing and you should be good.

And now that I’m thinking about it I’m wondering if he got that message because I got the group before he did
That is exactly what happened. If he was in your friends and family list, once you got the boarding group he was locked out.

I practiced today at 1 pm and I'm trying to determine if it would have been a success. I got the initial join button, the on the next screen I was pre-selected and pressed join, then it asked if all members were in the park and asked me to remove people. Is that correct? Or should I have gotten further?

I practiced today at 1 pm and I'm trying to determine if it would have been a success. I got the initial join button, the on the next screen I was pre-selected and pressed join, then it asked if all members were in the park and asked me to remove people. Is that correct? Or should I have gotten further?
Yes, that was a successful practice!

We were at DHS yesterday. Failed on our 7 am attempt but succeeded at 1 pm. Got BG 104. Called around 2:50. Waited for a half hour in the indoor queue, then were sent away and told we could come back anytime before closing. But by the time we left DHS the ride was still down. Hoping for better results on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter