READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you’re going in July make sure park passes are available before you book. I think HS is sold out till mid July. You need to get Your tickets and book park passes ASAP.

I would book 2 days at HS if ROTR is important. sometimes late boarding groups don’t get to ride if the ride keeps breaking down. You can always book park hoppers. Older kids will like AK, but that could be a half day and park hop to MK or Epcot. I wouldn’t bet on going to another park without entering HS as that depends on availability and park hopping starts at 2 pm. There are a lot of new rides and some new shows as well to keep you occupied. I do think restrictions will be lifted more by July.

Yes agreed. Hollywood Studios is park reservations are sold out until like mid July currently. July 17 and 18th currently have openings for Hollywood Studios (those are the earliest dates available right now). The 19th and 20th are sold out but the rest of the month of July is clear after that.

Thanks to the nice folks here, I went and got park hopper back when I booked my trip for July. I have two days set for HS because Galaxy Edge and ROR is something I want to experience. But in the mean time, I will bounce to the other parks at 2:00PM etc.

We were on the same ride yesterday! We had BG-5 and got there just went the ride went down. We went back on just when it opened back up! We also rode it on Sunday. Hopefully, without giving away any spoilers, Sunday's ride had the social distancing measures in place in the pre show and yesterday's ride had most of those social distancing measures in the pre show removed. It was almost back to normal except we had to wear masks.
Thank you for this update! I have not been on it yet and really looking forward to going next month. Have been pretty successful in staying away from spoilers but knowing that we are inching closer to a "normal" ride experience is great to hear!!

Not related to ROTR, but my husband and I have reservations at Oga's at 9:15 in June and I was curious if all of the drinks were available there that early or if it was limited since it's technically breakfast? There are a couple of different menus floating around and I really want to be able to get the souvenir cup and some of the other drinks. TIA!

We’ve gone in the morning twice, November 2020 and now, and the menu was the same all day.

We just got back from out 10 day trip and did HS three of those days. Luckily we got a boarding group at 7am all those days. I used my iphone with 5g and my hubby used his iphone with wifi from the GF and at 6:59:59 we both hit join, join, join as fast as possible and I got it every time. Boarding group 78 first time but it was running really well that day and we were off the ride by about 11:30 am. Group 43 the next time and we off by about 10:30 and finally group 34 the last time, it went down that morning for a little while but we were called at 11:20 and we ended up riding at 12:10 because we were at our ADR when called. But each time we got the full experience with no glitches so we had a great time.

Last edited:
I just tried to get a 1 PM BG and saw this message for the very first time.

Did anyone else get this?

So sorry for all those there today who will be unable to ride. It can happen but it's still disappointing. :(

Yep we got BG-7 this morning and just left HS for Epcot after the ride shut down announcement around 1 pm. I talked to GET to see about a FP or something and couldn't get anything. They said ROTR may open later this evening and be ready to move if it happens.

Edited, I doubt it will "open" back up today, just looked at MDE and they deleted our BG for today.

Last edited:
Sorry to those that got boarding groups to get on but couldn't. That sucks! Might not even be ready tomorrow. Sounds like they have to get a part shipped in. Maybe they get it fast. Ugh! Hope this doesn't happen when we go. Would be bummed for sure. Lots to do there still. Try to make the best of it.

I don’t understand why they couldn’t give a fast pass. For all the time and effort to get the boarding group, they need to do something to make things whole. I came across the same attitude in Nov where they couldn’t care less.

It’s not like a standby line, it’s more like you had a fastpass (hard earned) and usually if a ride breaks down you would get an anytime pass for another ride.

Edit: it looks like some people got passes for ROTR for another day if they went to GET (per touringplans).

Last edited:
I don’t understand why they couldn’t give a fast pass. For all the time and effort to get the boarding group, they need to do something to make things whole. I came across the same attitude in Nov where they couldn’t care less.

It’s not like a standby line, it’s more like you had a fastpass (hard earned) and usually if a ride breaks down you would get an anytime pass for another ride.

Edit: it looks like some people got passes for ROTR for another day if they went to GET (per touringplans).

My experience is pre-COVID but they were VERY strict about when they would or would not give a return FP IME. You had to actually BE in the physical queue and Disney had to dump the queue (not a person choosing to leave the queue) and then they would give a FP. We had that happen to us and we were able to get a FP and then get that FP moved to the next day (we had hoppers and this was March 2020) so we could go elsewhere that afternoon and come back first thing the next morning. I'm not surprised to hear that they were not giving FP as a general rule.

Did they ever call any boarding groups this morning?

My experience is pre-COVID but they were VERY strict about when they would or would not give a return FP IME. You had to actually BE in the physical queue and Disney had to dump the queue (not a person choosing to leave the queue) and then they would give a FP. We had that happen to us and we were able to get a FP and then get that FP moved to the next day (we had hoppers and this was March 2020) so we could go elsewhere that afternoon and come back first thing the next morning. I'm not surprised to hear that they were not giving FP as a general rule.

Did they ever call any boarding groups this morning?

We were BG-7 this morning and they never called any groups at all today.

So you all suggest right at 7 and 1 clicking on the first pic? Join join join
Not going to the second pic and clicking to get to third pic then clicking join at 7 and 1

I've always started from the third screen ("My Queues") and hit "Join Virtual Queue" as soon as my phone rolls to 7am. I've gotten a boarding group every time (7 for 7).

Failed at 1 pm (practicing from home). we got the virtual queue is not enrolling additional guests message.

Spent the morning in the Garth Brooks Virtual Queue. Found myself wishing I was grabbing a RotR BG! Would rather do that one any day! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter