• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the CMs that’s help get boarding passes positioned? With several people having issues with guests registering as being in the park, I’m wondering if it would be a good strategy to try and get close to one of these CMs before 7:00 so if something goes wrong with the app you can jump in line with a CM quickly. Also, how do you recognize what CMs are the ones that are handling this? Blue shirts?
They are all around the park. About 8 on Hollywood Blvd, and then more scattered all around. They have blue shirts

Yes, i didnt go all the way down it and i didnt notice how far, but i went part of the way down and it was very much open. Possibly all of the way?

there's a rope half way down Sunset where they hold people until opening time

Perfect, thanks for the info!

I’ll be there February 7 and we have a 10:05-11:05 FP for SDD, so we’re good there. I don’t feel MFSR is worth waiting for in that sea of people on Hollywood Blvd to start the day. I‘d much rather try to join a BG on Sunset, where it will be far less crowded, and then go to RnR/ToT.

Perfect, thanks for the info!

I’ll be there February 7 and we have a 10:05-11:05 FP for SDD, so we’re good there. I don’t feel MFSR is worth waiting for in that sea of people on Hollywood Blvd to start the day. I‘d much rather try to join a BG on Sunset, where it will be far less crowded, and then go to RnR/ToT.
Best time to go to the falcon is the evening, so starting at sunset blvd is a good plan

Last edited:

This was from 12/20 for those keeping track or updating charts. 7:10pm

Attachments

• 20191220_190924.jpg
    20191220_190924.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 131
If you tap into the park and then immediately went back to your hotel, could you still register for a boarding group when the VQ opens or do you need to tap in AND be in the park? I saw someone else was able to register others that were in the park from home but she wasn't registering herself.
I don't really see the advantage of tapping in and then going right back to your hotel, even if it would work--and I don't know if it would. It'll be interes
I’ll post this again:
To make sure your phone is working good ... the night before your visit do a hard shutdown and then the morning of make sure nothing else is open on your phone when trying to book a BG
And I'd like to add to know what your MDX password is. This advice from someone who didn't know--and after I entered DHS my DMX app suddenly wanted my password!

I don't really see the advantage of tapping in and then going right back to your hotel, even if it would work--and I don't know if it would. It'll be interes
Advantage is for some in the group to go back to bed for a couple hours! :)

Are you allowed to get a BG, leave for another park, and tap back in HS when your BG 2 hour window is called?

We are thinking of braving the rain tmw at 630 AM, but have Epcot FPs starting at 10am.

If you tap into the park prior to the VQ opening and immediately returned to your hotel, could you still register for a boarding group when the VQ opens from outside the park or do you need to tap in AND be in the park confines? I saw someone else was able to register others that were in the park from home but she wasn't registering herself.
Yes

Is it worth putting a FAQ up on the first page? A lot of the same questions get asked and this may help the thread from getting too big as quickly as the last one.
We've tried that so many times on so many threads and still people don't take the time to read and just want immediate answers. But we could still add them. I can guarantee the same questions will pop up over and over again

Last edited:
I would say that after you secure your BG "rope drop" SDD (or another TSL attraction). Then check wait on Falcon (seems like an initial rush to there ... Note that also seems to get low waits later in the evening). Then look into other things you want to do throughout the park

Keep in mind, even though they dont start assigning boarding groups until 7am, they still open up early and their are alot of people already in line at all the other attractions. After our personal experience with this yesterday, I'd say u should still plan on getting to the park no later than 6:30am if u want to rope drop with minimal wait. I'd also like to add, it really didn't seem to make much difference in the boarding groups even though Disney waits til 7am before anyone can join. U cant join no matter unless ur tapped in the park and even though u cant join before 7 they still let people in before 7. So all the people that are there early still have the advantage. They have the advantage of making sure everyone shows up in mde, fix any phone or app issues in advance and then standing there waiting til clock turns 7 to join, so they still get first shot at boarding groups. Others that think u dont need get there early will show up at 7 just to find a mass of people ahead of them and will watch the clock click away as they stand in line to get in. The only real difference is instead of all these people joining a boarding group over a 30min time frame from getting in early, they all just join in 30sec at 7am. I only say this to try and help the people out that might have the wrong impression that since boarding groups dont open til 7am, they dont need to get there early cause that is not the case. Yes, it does help some and stops the need to get there at 4am but if u really want to ride then u absolutely need to get there early by 6:30am, definitely no later than 7am and that's if u want a later afternoon time. What really seems to of helped the most is the fact the ride is running better and Disney has added more people and boarding groups.
PS
TheMaxrebo, u should be a mod. U help alot of people in here.

Ugh, we are BG 83. With the ride going down I changed our Sci-fi Drive In Dinner reservation from 5:20 to 8:40 to avoid conflict. Hope that was the right move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter