• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I’ve done with the BG process , once it hits 7am I get on app and immediately close it out and get back in it and both times when I’ve done that and pressed join boarding group I’ve gotten BG 15. It’s probably just luck but both times I did that and got same BG. Literally once 7 hits I get in the app and then immediately shut it down and get back into it and proceed with joint boarding group. I’ve been on LTE on my apple phone today and the other day I used disney WiFi. Also both times we were in the park for a good five minutes before 7 hit so I don’t know if having some time in the park after you tap in helps the system recognize your party is all in park. There is only two of us.

I'm totally using this!!

What an experience!!! So glad it worked out and we got to go. I really hope they manage to get to all the groups that are not backups.
If they avoid significant downtime (10 BG/hr right now, which is below yesterday's pace) they would get to around 135 BGs today. #NoGuarantees

Last edited:

Our BG (84) was finally called around 4:30 so we headed back to DHS from ASMu. We never got a push notification but had been checking the app periodically and found out that way. We arrived at RotR a few minutes ago to find that the ride is down again with no estimate of when it will come back online. We were told to hang out and watch the app until the high end of the BGs increases by one, indicating that the ride is back up. We were hoping to ride and leave the park for dinner and FPs in MK, but it looks like our plans are changing.

ETA: Just checked our status and it says to return by 6:23, so that’d make 4:23 our exact callback time.

In your opinion, When’s the best time to ride MFSR if evening is not an option?
Yeah it's tough for us. We have SDD fast passes and will be there at rope drop. Wait times at the evening look pretty good for MFSR, but there's not much else we want to ride and I can't miss it, so rope drop it is. From the wait times it spikes in the morning and doesn't come down until evening. There always seems to be an initial drop from the peak an hour or so after opening. So if you're at the back of the pack, it could pay off to do a couple other rides then come back to MFSR.

Yeah it's tough for us. We have SDD fast passes and will be there at rope drop. Wait times at the evening look pretty good for MFSR, but there's not much else we want to ride and I can't miss it, so rope drop it is. From the wait times it spikes in the morning and doesn't come down until evening. There always seems to be an initial drop from the peak an hour or so after opening. So if you're at the back of the pack, it could pay off to do a couple other rides then come back to MFSR.
The cm open MFSR with 60 min wait, that's procedure, so if you're there at rope drop it will be way less than that

BG just flipped from 97 to 98 (around 6pm) after the queue being emptied due to downtime. Should be up and running now yes?

Ugh, we are BG 83. With the ride going down I changed our Sci-fi Drive In Dinner reservation from 5:20 to 8:40 to avoid conflict. Hope that was the right move.
It looks like that was a good move. Hope you and yours enjoyed it!

We were boarding group 40 and got called at around 11:38. We were at Epcot so Skyliner’d over and queued up around 12:40. The line was pretty long! We were almost to the preshow when the line stopped moving, thanks to this group I knew water, chips, cookies, and Chewy would pass through. My husband was excited to get a character photo without waiting in (another) line. The AC was blasting on us, we wished for extra sweatshirts! I think we were stuck for about 40 minutes, then finally got moving along, leaving the ride at 2.

It was a bit rough on my kids sitting in the line so long, but they both agreed it was all worth it! Spectacular.

Thanks to everyone who shared tips here, you helped make our trip great!

Since the ride was down during our original return time, the CMs ended up saying to come back any time tonight. We got in line at 7:45. Off the ride at 8:45. WOW... just wow. I am so impressed. I’m not sure if we’ll do it again tomorrow but we’ll try for at least once more while we’re here. After that we rode MFSR with a 15 minute wait, now we’re headed to TSL where everything has a 5-15 minute wait. All in all it’s been a long day, but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter