Ready, Set, Let the Games Begin! - Link to new PTR/TR!

Thanks for the recipe. It's a perfect summer salad. :thumbsup2

I'm sad it's over too. Need to catch up on the house saga and D23. Make sure you link me for the next report. :goodvibes Love me a good A&F report.

Too funny that your meat lives in infamy. :rotfl2: :rotfl: Thats funny stuff.

Yes, PIO is adorable. One of these days I'm going to crash one of y'all's meets. :grouphug:

Thanks for another wonderful TR It was terrific to finally meet you both and it was so much fun the meet/remeet cookout

Looking forward to seeing you both again and reading the next PTR/TR because there is ALWAYS another PTR/TR :goodvibes

I think about you all the time but I thought so much about the two of you especially over Christmas when I spent some time at BW The decorations are beautiful so of course I had to get there with my camera I also bought a gingerbread house shingle it was delicious dark chocolate on one side and the BW logo in white chocolate on the other ..melts in your mouth :love:

What a fabulous trip! You grabbed some tasty treats that last day popcorn::

Thanks for sharing the adventure! :)

I’m full. LOL. The kiosks would be good for me being it is a little bit of food.
Yum! Love Nathan’s. Their fries are the best.
Cute kitties.
Looked like a fun trip.

I'm so happy you had a well deserved trip with wonderful memories and awesome DISmeets.:thumbsup2

Thanks! After all the cancelled trips, I'm glad we were able to make this one work!

What a lovely way to end the trip.

It was a fantastic trip and I really enjoyed spending more time with you and Fran. Whilst I wished we could have had more time together, I think that the time we did have was perfect and that it was great that you two could do all the things you wanted to do for F&W. Loved seeing the "gaps" on this TR.

Thanks for sharing. I hope that we have another joint sharing PTR/TR in the future. :thumbsup2

Of all our 3D friends, I would most likely rather share a trip with you and your family. As you said our time together was awesome, but we had our own plans and it all worked well quite in and out of family time and DISmeet time.

Maybe we can include Jenny in one of those!

We went to DLP ( Paris ) for Halloween and they had a Halloween party but not been to Cali at that time. Wondered if they had one?

Yes, they have Mickey's Halloween Party, which is a lot of fun. I ended up going twice in 2011.

Corinna

I see Corinna answered your question here. I haven't been but yes they have one.

What a lovely last day. It was a shame though that you got caught out in the rain. Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

Corinna

I wish we had just waited it out another 10 minutes. The rain was all gone! :)

Ah now that is very useful to know that you can get the MDE to take you early to the airport! They never allow us enough time and it's so stressful! They do 3 hours for international and it's not enough! We need to go through security, eat etc and shop before the flight! 4 hours would be perfect so sounds like we need to phone and insist! Thanks for posting that.

Lol that always happens to us re the rain with our ponchos and umbrellas in the owners locker! We can go through a 2 week vacation bone dry then soon as that purple box is out of the room ...is that the sound of thunder in the distance!

Nice you popped into EPCOT on the last day. The joys of being at the Beach Club I guess! You can really maximise your time I like that. How did I miss that dole whip sampler! Damn! Next year!

Really enjoyed this TR. How cute re your kitties when you got home. They look so sweet like Yin and Yan! What a lovely welcome home. And the food on your flight omg! How nice! Ours is appalling which is why we like extra time at the airport to grab something. If I wanted to eat cardboard sandwiches I would eat the wrappers of my duty free lol.. Always feels more painful after the wonderful food around Disney!

Next time definitely call them a couple days prior to departure and tell them that you want to leave 4 hours before or however many you want. We were feeling rushed on all our other trips and I was getting stressed out that we wouldn't have time to get through security and stuff. Perhaps for able bodied people it's OK, but when you have mobility issues everything takes longer!

Our kitties dictate our vacations, we can't be gone too long because they miss us too much so we don't like to be gone more than 10 days. They get very cranky at us and tend to forget us when we are gone for too long.

sorry to see this come to a close... Thanks for a wonderful trip!

:goodvibes

I can't believe its over!

Jill in CO

I know me too, but that means I can start telling you about our next WDW trip!

Thanks for the recipe. It's a perfect summer salad. :thumbsup2

I'm sad it's over too. Need to catch up on the house saga and D23. Make sure you link me for the next report. :goodvibes Love me a good A&F report.

Too funny that your meat lives in infamy. :rotfl2: :rotfl: Thats funny stuff.

Yes, PIO is adorable. One of these days I'm going to crash one of y'all's meets. :grouphug:

Link will be coming up, and we just need to make a meet happen rather than have you crash a meet! :thumbsup2

:blush: Thank you.

Wish I lived closer too.

I'm going to hold you to this, Jenny!

Let's start thinking about a meet! I know you have other plans, but maybe when your DH comes over for business you can tag along again!

Thanks for another wonderful TR It was terrific to finally meet you both and it was so much fun the meet/remeet cookout

Looking forward to seeing you both again and reading the next PTR/TR because there is ALWAYS another PTR/TR :goodvibes

I think about you all the time but I thought so much about the two of you especially over Christmas when I spent some time at BW The decorations are beautiful so of course I had to get there with my camera I also bought a gingerbread house shingle it was delicious dark chocolate on one side and the BW logo in white chocolate on the other ..melts in your mouth :love:

Wow! That gingerbread shingle sounds amazing. It was so great to meet you after all these years! :goodvibes And yes, the PTR is coming up soon! :thumbsup2

What a fabulous trip! You grabbed some tasty treats that last day popcorn::

Thanks for sharing the adventure! :)

Thanks! I was glad we were able to get those few things. We didn't get to all the stations, but hopefully next F&W!

I’m full. LOL. The kiosks would be good for me being it is a little bit of food.
Yum! Love Nathan’s. Their fries are the best.
Cute kitties.
Looked like a fun trip.

The kiosks worked perfect for most of our meals during the trip. I just need to have less other ADRs!

:lmao: Ok you & Fran are pretty amazing people BUT doubt you can pull this one off......;) If you do I will probably be over on a cloud somewhere watching from above :littleangel:

OK! OK! Fran and I have been getting up earlier and trying to get a start on the day, so that post was pretty late for the "new" Alison. I was tired.

Besides, my DVC points will be expired by then! :scratchin

OK! OK! Fran and I have been getting up earlier and trying to get a start on the day, so that post was pretty late for the "new" Alison. I was tired.

Besides, my DVC points will be expired by then! :scratchin

Mine too... Plus I have not used my points in ages.... I will not get to go in 2014 either.. Now I have to rent them out again..

I was going to say that it was going to be a long time and long lived moment between visits to WDW if you were planning on 3014.

Finally caught back up on your trip report and glad to hear that you and Fran had a great time. The last day at EPCOT was a nice way to end your trip and the food during the F&W Festival looks great.

I enjoyed your TR and looking forward to your next one.

Been off the boards for the holidays, so I'm back and all caught up!

...and it's over. :headache:

Great costumes! Looks like the Halloween party was a lot of fun. And I really hate leaving too, but I'm sure we all feel that way.

Now I'll have to get over to your new TR so I can read one from the beginning! :rotfl2:

:lmao: that's it we are Disboard soul mates :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: :thumbsup2

:ssst: Don't tell anyone, but in all honesty I'd take the BBQ Tri Tip over most any meal if I had to make the choice. I think someone on your TR said it best about your Anniversary Dinner, "you can't beat a good hunk of dead cow!" :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I can't disagree!:rotfl:

Loved seeing the photos of you prepping for the Dismeet dinner :)

I usually don't drink champagne (or more than one glass) because I get headaches too. Didn't know there was a proper way to make it. So if it's a better champagne, are you less likely to get a headache? Did you wake up with one from your nap?

Thanks to PIO for sending me this picture. I think it is the only one of Fran in her costume. I had to explain it PIO because in Austraila they evidently don’t have singing fish mounted to pieces of wood.

:rotfl2::lmao: HILARIOUS!!!

Alison, you look gorgeous, but I gotta say, Fran's costume is FANTASTIC!!! :rotfl:

We got caught in that rain too...:scared1::scared1:

Mine too... Plus I have not used my points in ages.... I will not get to go in 2014 either.. Now I have to rent them out again..

I'm sorry. :hug: But you are having some amazing alternative trips. WDW is a great destination for us since we know what to expect, everything is HA and there is always something new for us to do. We are getting in the Southwest Road Trip beforehand and that was one thing Fran requested that we go somewhere else before WDW again. We may not hike a lot, but from PIO's latest update, we could just sit in the hotel room enjoying the view for quite some time. However, we do plan on at least two jeep tours on that trip maybe three. We are there three nights so we have lots of options. Then we go to Bryce. I think that's a pretty cool "non WDW" trip to break up the monotony!

I was going to say that it was going to be a long time and long lived moment between visits to WDW if you were planning on 3014.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Finally caught back up on your trip report and glad to hear that you and Fran had a great time. The last day at EPCOT was a nice way to end your trip and the food during the F&W Festival looks great.

I enjoyed your TR and looking forward to your next one.

Thanks Bret! I'm glad we got to pop into Epcot for that last time. We didn't get to all the F&W booths that I wanted to this trip, but we sure did have a lot of great F&W experiences!

Been off the boards for the holidays, so I'm back and all caught up!

...and it's over. :headache:

Great costumes! Looks like the Halloween party was a lot of fun. And I really hate leaving too, but I'm sure we all feel that way.

Now I'll have to get over to your new TR so I can read one from the beginning! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :thumbsup2

I can't disagree!:rotfl:

I hope that you had some great holidays. Julie must be about to burst (or at least feel that way!)

I don't think any carnivore would disagree!

Loved seeing the photos of you prepping for the Dismeet dinner :)

I usually don't drink champagne (or more than one glass) because I get headaches too. Didn't know there was a proper way to make it. So if it's a better champagne, are you less likely to get a headache? Did you wake up with one from your nap?

It was really fun to put together the dinner as well as enjoy it. PIO and I both love to cook so even though most people don't enjoy cooking on holiday, I think she had good time sharing home cooked food with friends. Me, I'm weird, I like to cook because I like to bring a taste of home to my vacations as I get tired of eating out every day. That was one of the big draws for DVC was the ability to have a kitchen and occasionally fix meals that bring me back home.

As far as champagne, if you don't mind I'll give you an abridged version and when you go to Napa, you can tour the Chandon Champagnery and learn the same things that I did. We always drank cheap "sparkling wine" because of the budget, and I never liked it because of the headaches. Then Fran and I toured the Chandon facility and I learned.

There are two ways to make "bubbles". The way that cheap wines do it is to inject CO2 into the wine and it's bubbly. The old fashioned traditional way is called "methode champinoise" but only French Champagnes from Europe can use that name other countries like Spain use the phrase "Methode Traditionelle" for their Cava. You might see any variation on US sparkling wines.

The traditional method is to ferment the beverage in large barrels like wine, but when the Champagne is bottled they put a calculated amount of yeast and sugar into each bottle. Then the bottles are temporarily capped with a cork and placed into these racks where they are "upside down" and the yeast and sugar cause the bubbles to form. There were folks employed who would pull the bottles out one at a time and turn them about a 1/4 turn every day to enhance the process of fermentation. This process is called riddling and the folks who did it were called riddlers.

Evidently today only the most high end Champagnes are still hand riddled, but there are still folks today who actually do this. Most are now mechanized.

The NV Champagnes are required by law to remain 15 months in the bottle. I have no idea what the deal is outside France, but I found this on Wikipedia. If the Champagne is Vintage it must remain three years in the bottle. I don't know if CA vintners follow these rules, but once the bottle has reached maturity, they remove the temporary cork and the deposits which have formed in the bottle cap (notice the angle of the bottles in the above pictures). They replace it with a permanent cork (obviously until the bottle is opened for consumption) and the wine is ready to be drank.

I don't remember when I took the tour but it was probably about 15 years ago and it totally explained a lot to me why when we drank Andre's Cold Duck I got and awful headache, but when my parents (wine snobs) served me Moet and Chandon I was fine. There are plenty of reasonable CA sparkling wines that use the traditional method so you don't have to spend a bundle, but if you know, it makes all the difference.

Alison, you look gorgeous, but I gotta say, Fran's costume is FANTASTIC!!! :rotfl:

We got caught in that rain too...:scared1::scared1:

I know I LOVED her costume, it was so funny! Mine was pretty ordinary there were quite a few Cinderellas there that night, I think she was the only singing fish! :rotfl2:

so not this summer but the next summer 2015 I think we are going to do the rim for 2 weeks...

I just need to decided on the itinerary. So I will watch your TR with interest... along with PIO's

Just finished reading and I am sad it is over! I can't say enough how much I love your trip reports and I feel like we are old friends after reading so many of them. You seem to always have such a nice time and I like how you focus on the most important things- shopping and food. People after my own heart! I always learn something new from your trip reports and enjoy your culinary adventures but I am not nearly as brave or "fancy" and would never try some of the things you too enjoy. Lonestar steakhouse is much more up my alley then french food. Sad but true. I am all caught up on your newest report so now what am I going to do all winter? Oh and I LOVED Fran's costume. As always, Fantastic report!:)

This wrapped up while we were on our trip and I wanted to catch up! I am dying over Fran's costume, I had one of those at one time! What a riot. And a lovely Cindy you made :goodvibes

Fran really got some lovely castle shots for Hallowishes! I love the parade and the show and your smiles look like you both had a blast.

so not this summer but the next summer 2015 I think we are going to do the rim for 2 weeks...

I just need to decided on the itinerary. So I will watch your TR with interest... along with PIO's

We won't be going to the Grand Canyon, although I would like to do that someday. We are visiting Monument Valley and Bryce Canyon via Laughlin and Flagstaff, and Cedar City and Jean, Nevada on the way home. But I will certainly welcome you to the TR when I start it!

Just finished reading and I am sad it is over! I can't say enough how much I love your trip reports and I feel like we are old friends after reading so many of them. You seem to always have such a nice time and I like how you focus on the most important things- shopping and food. People after my own heart! I always learn something new from your trip reports and enjoy your culinary adventures but I am not nearly as brave or "fancy" and would never try some of the things you too enjoy. Lonestar steakhouse is much more up my alley then french food. Sad but true. I am all caught up on your newest report so now what am I going to do all winter? Oh and I LOVED Fran's costume. As always, Fantastic report!:)

:welcome: I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom to share your thoughts. We love dining, whether it's at home or out. We love it all from the foo foo cuisine to the down home steaks and believe it or not we even make Frito Pie for dinner at home!

This wrapped up while we were on our trip and I wanted to catch up! I am dying over Fran's costume, I had one of those at one time! What a riot. And a lovely Cindy you made :goodvibes

Fran really got some lovely castle shots for Hallowishes! I love the parade and the show and your smiles look like you both had a blast.

I'm glad you made it over for the ending. I hope that you make it over to my new PTR. I have a trip to DL coming up soon, I'm not sure how much it will help you plan, but maybe we will visit a few places you're planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter