Realize even with Insurance there was no refund for deposit for us.

Pmelonakos

Earning My Ears
Because of Covid we canceled twice to Spain and now my Husband has neuropathy issues and cannot do the walking that you do on a tour. No refund or gift card for Disney. Interestingly enough there will not be another trip to Spain in 2024 just to hope to take it if he improves. Im so saddened. My travel agent has sent letters, medical reports and phone calls but without any resolution. And I have also tried to do the same. Beware. We were doing the adult only trip, and loved doing the one to greece 3 years ago when he didn’t have health issues. I think the insurance is just bull . We had it for the first and more trips we had booked and had to change. Yes Im not happy.

Because of Covid we canceled twice to Spain and now my Husband has neuropathy issues and cannot do the walking that you do on a tour. No refund or gift card for Disney. Interestingly enough there will not be another trip to Spain in 2024 just to hope to take it if he improves. Im so saddened. My travel agent has sent letters, medical reports and phone calls but without any resolution. And I have also tried to do the same. Beware. We were doing the adult only trip, and loved doing the one to greece 3 years ago when he didn’t have health issues. I think the insurance is just bull . We had it for the first and more trips we had booked and had to change. Yes Im not happy.
If you don’t mind sharing, what reason did the insurance company give to deny your ciaim? I can understand AbD not refunding since their refund policy is only within 14 days of booking. But I would expect a medical cancellation to be a qualifying reason to get something, partial is not total, from the insurance company.

Adding another comment here - AON provides the insurance coverage for both AbD and DCL. I have not compared the two polices, and I have not filed any claims under AbD. However, I did have to file a claim under DCL insurance for a day of sailing cancellation due to a medical situation for someone in my sailing party. Once I submitted the necessary paperwork to AON from DCL and the doctor, the claim was paid and i was reimbursed 100% of fhe cruise cost. In some instances, the reimbursement may be 75%, which is better than nothing.

This did require me using the AON online claim submission form and me submitting all of the necessary documentation. As @sayhello has noted in response to your various posts, Disney will not file the claim for you.

Hence the clarification questions from a few of us of whether you have requested refund from Disney or submitted the claim form and documentation to AON. AbD can provide the link for you to use to submit the online claim form if needed.

Thank you I will have my travel agent look further into this, though she has told me since we cancelled/delayed our first trip dates during covid rather than waiting for Disney cancelling the trip it negated our insurance at that time.
I welcome all suggestions

Adding another comment here - AON provides the insurance coverage for both AbD and DCL. I have not compared the two polices, and I have not filed any claims under AbD. However, I did have to file a claim under DCL insurance for a day of sailing cancellation due to a medical situation for someone in my sailing party. Once I submitted the necessary paperwork to AON from DCL and the doctor, the claim was paid and i was reimbursed 100% of fhe cruise cost. In some instances, the reimbursement may be 75%, which is better than nothing.

This did require me using the AON online claim submission form and me submitting all of the necessary documentation. As @sayhello has noted in response to your various posts, Disney will not file the claim for you.

Hence the clarification questions from a few of us of whether you have requested refund from Disney or submitted the claim form and documentation to AON. AbD can provide the link for you to use to submit the online claim form if needed.
I requested from Disney. I will Perdue this again to get more AON info.

Thank you!

Thank you I will have my travel agent look further into this, though she has told me since we cancelled/delayed our first trip dates during covid rather than waiting for Disney cancelling the trip it negated our insurance at that time.
I would encourage you to submit the claim through AON and let AON as the insurance carrier make the decision on whether or not any claim can be paid.

ABD

Thank you!

If you don’t mind sharing, what reason did the insurance company give to deny your ciaim? I can understand AbD not refunding since their refund policy is only within 14 days of booking. But I would expect a medical cancellation to be a qualifying reason to get something, partial is not total, from the insurance company.
Thank you I am perusing this further.

It sounds like the question isn't if the medical condition qualifies but if the OP has insurance. The way I read the situation OP canceled prior trips. The payments transferred to the new booking. The TA failed to advise the client on the necessity of purchasing a new policy.

Your next step may be to file a claim against your TA,.Disney if you booked direct

Agree with PP. While you may have lost the insurance policy on the first trip by canceling, the question is if you added a new insurance policy to the current trip. When booking, ABD always asks if you would like to add insurance to your trip - I would definitely be asking your TA if it was added and, if not, why it wasn't presented to you as an option.

Agree with PP. While you may have lost the insurance policy on the first trip by canceling, the question is if you added a new insurance policy to the current trip. When booking, ABD always asks if you would like to add insurance to your trip - I would definitely be asking your TA if it was added and, if not, why it wasn't presented to you as an option.
ABD said that since the trip kept being postponed but for the trip locations. They said the insurance would have been transferred to the new date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter