• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recommendation for a late arrival in?

jerseygirlmk

Mouseketeer
Hello!! My family and I are staying at the Grand Floridian for 4 days and while searching flights the day I am supposed to arrive are super high. I did find a much less expensive flight leaving the evening prior so I am looking for potentially a nice, reasonable hotel for the evening as I will be coming in around 9 pm. Any suggestions?

Hello!! My family and I are staying at the Grand Floridian for 4 days and while searching flights the day I am supposed to arrive are super high. I did find a much less expensive flight leaving the evening prior so I am looking for potentially a nice, reasonable hotel for the evening as I will be coming in around 9 pm. Any suggestions?
You could always check the airport hyatt (not sure what pricepoint you're looking at) I've stayed there the night before a cruise departure for something around $100.
I've also scored the caribe royal for like $80 on hotwire

You could always check the airport hyatt (not sure what pricepoint you're looking at) I've stayed there the night before a cruise departure for something around $100.
I've also scored the caribe royal for like $80 on hotwire
Thank you so much!! I will check!

Yeah, MCO Hyatt comes to mind. We did it last November. Not exactly the nicest hotel we’ve stayed at, but it was fine to sleep for the night.

Although I admit, if I had to do it again I would have just gone on to Disney that night. We found trip adrenaline was high and NOONE would go to sleep, especially the kiddos. Staying at the Hyatt did save money, but it didn’t quite go as I planned!

Last edited:

We recently stayed at the Gateway Hampton Inn on the north side of the airport. We had an early flight the day after our cruise. I think we paid around $120 for a studio "suite" that was pretty large. Parking was free. Check in was smooth and we had no issues. Can't comment on the amenities since we were out the door at 6am.

ETA: The MCO Hyatt worked well for us on a previous trip but was over $300 this time so that drove us to look elsewhere.

My family and I have ever stayed at the MCO Hyatt as well. Like others, we did save money staying there versus staying at the Disney Resort. Then we just woke up the next morning and went straight to the Magical Express Bus. Our room was not ready though. Grand Floridian check-in time is at 3pm. It's not a big deal though because you can leave luggage/items with the Bell Hop.

On other occasions we have also checked-in at night and just paid the money to stay the night at our Disney hotel. I found that when we checked into the Grand Floridian at night, there was not a lot of staff members to help us. We had to wait about 45 minutes because there were four other families in front of us. Our room was ready though. (This could have been avoided if we used the online check-in process. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I like the Cast Member interaction.)

If you're traveling with adults, staying directly at the airport would probably be easy. But I have to agree with GADisneyDad14, staying at the Hyatt did not go as planned and "trip adrenaline" was very high. :)

We also have a late flight coming in for our upcoming trip. I figured we would stay at the Hyatt and take the magical express the following morning. Pricing for our one night was almost $350. We are a family of 5 and needed an upgraded room and it was a Friday during a busy weekend. Instead, we are going to take a taxi to get to a value that night. We will sleep and head right to a park in the morning and have our bags sent to our resort. It not only saves us money but we will be able to get another early morning in at Magic Kingdom.

We also have a late flight coming in for our upcoming trip. I figured we would stay at the Hyatt and take the magical express the following morning. Pricing for our one night was almost $350. We are a family of 5 and needed an upgraded room and it was a Friday during a busy weekend. Instead, we are going to take a taxi to get to a value that night. We will sleep and head right to a park in the morning and have our bags sent to our resort. It not only saves us money but we will be able to get another early morning in at Magic Kingdom.
Unless you get a family suite, value resort rooms sleep four plus one under the age of three. Hopefully one of yours is under the age of three.

I'm in a similar boat on our next trip, but we get in at midnight. as of right now, I'm planning to stay at one of the hotels near the airport that has a shuttle. The hyatt in MCO was $250 the night I was looking for and we need two rooms as we have 6 with us that night.

We've stayed at the Airport Hyatt. I actually thought it was pretty nice. The cost was well over $100/night. So they must have more than one rate for various different rooms. It was very convenient, and I'm glad we stayed there, after a long day, the fligh itself, and a late arrival.

Last edited:
we tend to book a Disney resorts when we do this and just take the ME the night before, then an Uber or something to our "real" resort once we get up. Last time I stayed at CBR from 1am-7am and Ubered to the GF :). It's nice to wake up on property!

When we fly in late we always price out the Hyatt. But it always seems to be $300 so we always just book a Disney value room for the night.
Only 1 time have I found the Hyatt at under $200 a night, thankfully when we needed it the most due to a cancelled departing flight and needed a place for a early departure.

My family and I have ever stayed at the MCO Hyatt as well. Like others, we did save money staying there versus staying at the Disney Resort. Then we just woke up the next morning and went straight to the Magical Express Bus. Our room was not ready though. Grand Floridian check-in time is at 3pm. It's not a big deal though because you can leave luggage/items with the Bell Hop.

On other occasions we have also checked-in at night and just paid the money to stay the night at our Disney hotel. I found that when we checked into the Grand Floridian at night, there was not a lot of staff members to help us. We had to wait about 45 minutes because there were four other families in front of us. Our room was ready though. (This could have been avoided if we used the online check-in process. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I like the Cast Member interaction.)

If you're traveling with adults, staying directly at the airport would probably be easy. But I have to agree with GADisneyDad14, staying at the Hyatt did not go as planned and "trip adrenaline" was very high. :)
We are thinking of that too!! I have a club level room at the GF and do not want to spend a lot of money if I am arriving at 9 pm. I was also considering renting points for a night so we shall see!

When we fly in late we always price out the Hyatt. But it always seems to be $300 so we always just book a Disney value room for the night.
Only 1 time have I found the Hyatt at under $200 a night, thankfully when we needed it the most due to a cancelled departing flight and needed a place for a early departure.
Yes the Hyatt seems to be priced very high for the Friday night I arrive.

Yes, anytime we've stayed at the Hyatt Airport, it was $300 plus tax.

We’ve stayed at Pop on late arrival, and once at the Disney Springs Doubletree when we drove up from Ft Lauderdale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter