Resort Changers - The Series ~ We still can't make up our minds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been referred here because I'm told I need help.

I'm not really a resort changer. I can never pull the trigger. I choose a resort and then spend hours looking at other resorts and waffling thinking, "oh well I've always wanted to stay there!" or "I could stay there for free using points!" But eventually decide to just stay put.

I hope I'm accepted anyway. You all just have more courage than me. I'm afraid of change :sad2:

First, read my post above and you'll feel better. Second, :welcome: to the thread! Third, my DH asks me the same thing. But, if it's in the morning, he'll ask, "So, are you making any changes today?"

So, right now you're booked at the Poly and BWI for your October trip?

No I decided on BW(It took 5 changes) for October and poly/BW for May 2012. Our October trip is short 5 days. The May trip will be 18 days 3 resorts poly/BW/Hrh. We did that this past May. I actually had a split booked between Poly/yc but changed my mind 2 weeks before we left and cx Yc and extended poly to 11 days. It was a real pain because I had to pay more money and then wait a week for a refund on the yc res. I will never do that again. Picking a resort is not my biggest problem. I struggle more with room type, which dining plan how many days etc. I booked early(cheapest room) so I will be motivated to work overtime and save enough money to pay rack rate. When the Ap discounts are released in March I will upgrade hopefully. I booked our October trip with a bb 40% off. I just figured out I could upgrade to CL for an extra 200 dollars. We have the DXdp, but I don't care I really wan't to try club level and dxdp(food police will hate that). I'm sure we could drink our moneys worth;). Unfortunately its not available. I'm hoping when AP discounts come out I can snag a cl room.

Subbing

I am a resort changer and proud of it :)

I love the adrenaline rush I get everytime I make a resort change and my heart flutters when I start tweeking my ADRs.

DH just goes a long with the flow and and says what ever you think when I say , hey what do you think about staying at XXXXX. :rotfl:

My current reservation has been changed 9 times and I have not changed it since 6/16, I think it is about time again :lmao:

I have decided to make my own ressies next time and not use the Dis travel planner that I have - the guilt I feel every time I email is preventing me from changing as much as I would like to....

Dawn

my ta probably wants to shoot me. so far we have changed from por to allstar music. then to Coronado. we also have added and substracted and then added people along the way. i have also changed my park tickets too. my name is lisa and i am a chronic resort changer.

Subbing

I love the adrenaline rush I get everytime I make a resort change and my heart flutters when I start tweeking my ADRs.

DH just goes a long with the flow and and says what ever you think when I say , hey what do you think about staying at XXXXX. :rotfl:

My current reservation has been changed 9 times and I have not changed it since 6/16, I think it is about time again :lmao:

You are so right about that adrenaline. My heart rate goes up right after the CM says, "Let me check if that resort if available for you." I always know it's available at rack rate or I wouldn't be calling, but there's always the chance it's not available with the military code I'm so lucky to have used for years.

For example, the Deluxe rooms can be booked everywhere with the code except WL. I've called several times and it's excluded there, but I haven't given up. I told the CM I thought that since the Deluxe still show availability at rack this close to my arrival they should be willing to give it to me with the discount rather than leave it vacant. The CM agreed and suggested that I try at check-in, which is something I'm going to do. Heck, they'd make about $80 more per night off of me, so why not give it a try?

I have decided to make my own ressies next time and not use the Dis travel planner that I have - the guilt I feel every time I email is preventing me from changing as much as I would like to....

Dawn
:welcome: Dawn and I think you're making the right move. Full control of your reservation will have you changing at the drop of a hat! Is it too late to cancel with the TA and book on your own? (My apologies to any and all TAs for even suggesting that:upsidedow).

A new thread already!? I must have missed a lot of changing! O:

Miss Hannah, I was just about to PM you when I saw your post. Where have you been? And yes, you did miss a lot of changing;). We've missed you and hope you'll update us soon:grouphug:. Welcome back:goodvibes

my ta probably wants to shoot me. so far we have changed from por to allstar music. then to Coronado. we also have added and substracted and then added people along the way. i have also changed my park tickets too. my name is lisa and i am a chronic resort changer.
:welcome:Lisa, we're here for you. Even when your TA gives-up and disowns you, we'll still be here rooting you on and sifting through your long list of changes.

I'm not really a resort changer. I can never pull the trigger. I choose a resort and then spend hours looking at other resorts and waffling thinking, "oh well I've always wanted to stay there!" or "I could stay there for free using points!" But eventually decide to just stay put.

I hope I'm accepted anyway. You all just have more courage than me. I'm afraid of change :sad2:
:welcome: onelilspark! You are definitely a Changer in spirit and our evil ways might rub off on you sooner than you think;)

No I decided on BW(It took 5 changes) for October and poly/BW for May 2012. Our October trip is short 5 days. The May trip will be 18 days 3 resorts poly/BW/Hrh. We did that this past May. I actually had a split booked between Poly/yc but changed my mind 2 weeks before we left and cx Yc and extended poly to 11 days. It was a real pain because I had to pay more money and then wait a week for a refund on the yc res. I will never do that again. Picking a resort is not my biggest problem. I struggle more with room type, which dining plan how many days etc. I booked early(cheapest room) so I will be motivated to work overtime and save enough money to pay rack rate. When the Ap discounts are released in March I will upgrade hopefully. I booked our October trip with a bb 40% off. I just figured out I could upgrade to CL for an extra 200 dollars. We have the DXdp, but I don't care I really wan't to try club level and dxdp(food police will hate that). I'm sure we could drink our moneys worth;). Unfortunately its not available. I'm hoping when AP discounts come out I can snag a cl room.
That is quite the May trip - WOW! So many possible permutations with 18 days and three resorts:hyper:.

No food police here. In fact, just a few days ago I asked on several threads if anyone had done both CL and the DxDP. Some thought, "No way - way too much food." Others had done it and love it. Most who love it seem to either do a 2TS for dinner and then a 1TS for breakfast or lunch or they like doing room service. Some had never done it, but have booked it for their next trip. The main reason we changed our minds about it is that I have TIW and get 20% off TSs and drinks so it's not to our advantage. But when our APs expire next month, I'm going to re-evaluate doing the DxDP and CL for our next trip.

Keep us posted on your changes.

Hello, my name is MillerMom, and I have a small resort hopping problem...... :rotfl:

So far we have had a reservation at AKL Jambo and every single one of the monorail resorts.... LOL

Awwww Kook you beat me to the multi post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started dinner and came back and there it was, our 1st multi post!!! You are the Champion of the multi posts :worship:

I am trying to make a decision about tickets to US/IoA. I can't decide whether to do the base ticket (1 park per day) or the 2 park ticket. I get a teachers discount so that is great but I could save about $70 not getting the multi parks. The parks are so easy to navigate that we can do everything we want to do over and over again (front of the line access courtesy of RPR) so we may want to go to another park later on. HOWEVER, we also love to hang out at the resort so one park would be just fine. What would YOU do?

Thanks guys. Back to dinner prep. (I could use some suggestions for dinners during this horrible heat wave too.

:rotfl2:KOOK did beat you and she is the queen...however...kaffinito, MAGIG, Janet...they are right on her heels....did I miss another Multi-quoter???:laughing:

Well, well, well....you took my advice:rotfl: Warning....stay on here long enough and you'll eventually muster up enough courage to actually change!

Subbing

:wave2: Shelia

Dawn

:thumbsup2 good idea!

Hi Lisa!

I'm sure I missed someone:confused:....I have a hard time keeping up with the Queens of Multi-Quotes....but have come a long way since my first visit to the Resort Changers;)

Heather

I told y'all...KOOK is the queen....while I was in the process of TRYING to do 1 multi-quote post, she had already made 2 post WITH quotes!!!!:worship: You're like lightning fast! How many words can you type per minute??:laughing:

:welcome: onelilspark! You are definitely a Changer in spirit and our evil ways might rub off on you sooner than you think;)

That is quite the May trip - WOW! So many possible permutations with 18 days and three resorts:hyper:.

No food police here. In fact, just a few days ago I asked on several threads if anyone had done both CL and the DxDP. Some thought, "No way - way too much food." Others had done it and love it. Most who love it seem to either do a 2TS for dinner and then a 1TS for breakfast or lunch or they like doing room service. Some had never done it, but have booked it for their next trip. The main reason we changed our minds about it is that I have TIW and get 20% off TSs and drinks so it's not to our advantage. But when our APs expire next month, I'm going to re-evaluate doing the DxDP and CL for our next trip.

Keep us posted on your changes.

My dh insists on poly and Hardrock so the only one I can change is the BW:sad2:My oldest turns 10 in 2013 so 2012 is most likely our last year for dxdp until my kids are teenagers. I don't know what disney is thinking with their age limits. Honestly, I think they are shooting themselves in the foot. I am dying to try club level I don't think I can make it until 2013 to try it. I'm hoping for at least 30% off (40%would be better) ap rate to make cl dxdp happen. I was ashamed to admit I get a little adrenalin rush after making a change. I feel vindicated now.

Well, as you all recall (you do all take notes, right?) I was actually booked in the aforementioned Deluxe room at the BC, but got nervous when I read about the exterior renovations and the crowded lounge. I can't wait to hear about your first experience there.
Yes I do remember you saying that and I will be posting a review of the Beach Club.

My dh insists on poly and Hardrock so the only one I can change is the BW:sad2:My oldest turns 10 in 2013 so 2012 is most likely our last year for dxdp until my kids are teenagers. I don't know what disney is thinking with their age limits. Honestly, I think they are shooting themselves in the foot. I am dying to try club level I don't think I can make it until 2013 to try it. I'm hoping for at least 30% off (40%would be better) ap rate to make cl dxdp happen. I was ashamed to admit I get a little adrenalin rush after making a change. I feel vindicated now.

We're one of those crazy families who did CL and DxDP:laughing:...worked for us, but we do LOTS of 2 credit TSs and used CL for breakfast. We also didn't book CL for the food...just the convenience aspect. Maybe you'll get your 40% off wish!!! And when you do, send some of your luck my way;)

STEPDISNEY: I love our new thread title. :thumbsup2

WDWKOOK: Looooove the SHAG 40th anniversary pic at the end of last thread! :lovestruc

Disneyhenry, nrpofp, onelilspark, and Millermom0606: :wave2: Welcome RCers one and all... even those who can't quite commit long enough to make the change official... yet. ;)

Lillian Gracey:wave2: Hi, How've you been.

I am thinking of changing our girls trip to CR or Poly now, they won't care. Maybe WL....Just won't be able to stay at GF without my kiddos now Actually maybe AKL or BWI might be nice for girls trip too, as long as I do CL I do this EVERY TRIP. I swear my call gets forwarded to extra special, patient CMs
CL at CR, Poly and BWI sounds dreamy for a girls trip. Any of them will have you all :dance3:

Oh, and don't forget all those room-only reservations we can change with impunity up to five days prior to arrival - not that any of us would do that;)
This is exactly my goal. I plan to make 5 days my personal best in the next week! :lmao:

I so totally belong in this club.The first thing my dh asks me every night is if I made any changes to our vacation.
Good husband!

And, for those who didn't take notes or were not subscribed to our other thread, these are my changes since January that have brought me to my current AND FINAL ticker:

1. Booked AKL/CL and WL/CL
2. Changed AKL to CR
3. Changed WL to BC/Deluxe
4. Changed BC to YC/CL
5. Changed YC to Poly/CL
6. Changed Poly back to WL/CL
7. Changed WL back to Poly/CL
8. Changed CR back to WL/CL

As you can see, there is no shame in changing and we are all grateful that the WDTC treats us every time as if we're calling them for the very first time:worship:
Wow WDWKOOK, when you put it into print like this, you really have created quite the impressive string. Maybe we'll surprise even ourselves if we each do this. :scared1: And yes, I get the condescending lilting upturn of the voice inflection nowadays before ending a call with with CMs, “Yeeeeess, thaaaaank you for caaaaalling Miss MAGIC...itis!”

I am trying to make a decision about tickets to US/IoA. I can't decide whether to do the base ticket (1 park per day) or the 2 park ticket. I get a teachers discount so that is great but I could save about $70 not getting the multi parks. The parks are so easy to navigate that we can do everything we want to do over and over again (front of the line access courtesy of RPR) so we may want to go to another park later on. HOWEVER, we also love to hang out at the resort so one park would be just fine. What would YOU do? ... Back to dinner prep. (I could use some suggestions for dinners during this horrible heat wave too.
So funny. We and our travel-with buddies DN & her DH are all set on our late Aug ressies, so now we need to change SOMETHING else. :rotfl: They just asked me yesterday how I felt about US/IoA. Dh & I have been several time years ago. Mind you this is the first time in 13 years that US/IoA has ever been uttered out of my relatives mouseketeer lips. They are DISNEY ONLY. So we are tentatively testing the waters here. I'm going to check into tickets and passes tonight and see what's what at US/IoA. :surfweb:
Dinners, I am testing our some cold soups down her in FL. Cold soup is a like or dislike type of food. Also tonight I did a avocado, bacon & chicken "salad" over romaine.

Hi sjs314. :wave2: I get the the most devious gleam in my eye just before puling the trigger...

I agree completely. And honestly, the planning is 51% of the fun for me. You will SHINE in you new found freedom to change, change, change!

Yes I do remember you saying that and I will be posting a review of the Beach Club.
Oh great! I can't wait to read your TR of BC.

We're one of those crazy families who did CL and DxDP:laughing:...worked for us, but we do LOTS of 2 credit TSs and used CL for breakfast. We also didn't book CL for the food...just the convenience aspect. Maybe you'll get your 40% off wish!!! And when you do, send some of your luck my way;)

Yes we eat dinner at mostly 2ts thats why we like the dxdp. Club level would be mostly for location, the quick breakfast and ok I'll admit it the beer and wine.:thumbsup2I figure with an ap I'll get at least 30% off, but you never know if cl will be available. They release the ap discounts so late.:sad2:

Ok, I can't believe that blizzard of posts and a new thread all occurred in under 24 hours. By Sunday, Janet will need a vacation just to take the time to read what she's missed. :rotfl2:

:upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

I was having a terribly unsettled feeling about my short upcoming stay at AsSpo for myself, DH and DB. princess:pirate::chewy: I completely spaced on the fact that Values have double beds. The thought of three adults in two double beds just makes me woozy. So I decided to ditch AsSpo (where I do think Bball and Fball look really cute, though) until it is just DH & I on a weekend blitz. Then we can each spread out on our own double bed. :rotfl2: Now I need a new resort.

Our itinerary is running, running, running. No resort or pooltime: Thursday = We arrive mid-afternoon. We'll drop DB off at DtD while we go to the real downtown Orlando to our concert. We'll pick up DB late at DtD and back to resort to sleep. Friday = HS; and then Saturday = probably do only Epcot. You know where this is leading, right? :goodvibes

Idea #1: My initial thought: POFQ so DB could easily boat back from DtD if he got tired or bored before we get back to DtD from our concert. POFQ is a solid contender.

Idea #2: Location, location. DH said, “What about the hotel with the fish on top of it?” (He's trying :hug:) The Swan IS really convenient for what we are planning, and I've never stayed at Swan or Dolphin yet. But is it really DIS? :rolleyes1 Should it count on my resort quest? Have any of you RCers ever tried Swan/Dolphin?

Idea #3: :goodvibes Yep. It's BWI. I cancelled another great rate at BWI for our late August stay and have been kicking myself ever since. The fact that I have never stayed here yet is making me

So guys, please help me out with this one. I'm stumped. Is it silly to do BWI for what amounts to a 1-1/2 night stay with NO resort or pool time planned for about $320.00 per night? POFQ and Swan are same price at about $190.00 per night. Money is no object per se, other than spending it foolishly is never a good idea to me. I made all three ressies just in case. :sad2::sad2::sad2:

Glad I found all of you at our "new home" :goodvibes.

StepDisney.....Thanks for starting this new thread :goodvibes.

WDWKOOK......We've been to Kona for dinner but never for breakfast. I have heard very good things about their breakfast.....thinking I may just have to make and ADR there for December :idea:.

Disneyhenry.......Welcome :).....I'm new myself as I just came over here a few days ago. The people here are great and alot of fun :goodvibes.

Missoutandabout......Welcome aboard.....the more the merrier ::yes::.

nrpofp.....I know exactly how you feel.....I made so many changes to our trip last December that I started to get confused after awhile as to what I actually had booked :laughing:. I made so many changes that I would be talking about our trip and as soon as I would mention something about the resort, my DH would say "I thought we were staying at such-and-such resort??".....I guess sometimes I failed to keep him up to date :rolleyes1.

I agree about the age limits for DDP......I think 10 is a little young for adult pricing. My two are 18 and 16 so we've been paying adult DDP prices for them for awhile now......but we do love the DDP and my DSs can eat so we always make out ok......but for some it's just not worth it and can get pretty expensive :(.

onelilspark......Normally I don't like change either, but the first time I bit the bullet and changed my resort, I couldn't stop :lmao:. I would do just what you do....start to think about a different resort and how nice it would be to stay there. All it took was a call to Disney just to "check availability"......then by the time I knew it, I was thanking the nice CM for making my change and had my updated confirmation in my email showing the new resort :rotfl2:.

sjs314......My DH is the same way......he knows I'm crazy when it comes to Disney and just goes along with what I decide :). But he loves going to Disney too (not as much as me, but still loves it) and we're on the same page when it comes to what we look for in a resort......so he lets me go through all my changes and just likes to know where we're staying before we arrive :laughing:.

lisam427......Hi, Lisa.....it's nice to see another RC :goodvibes.

MillerMom.....Hi, MillerMom......:welcome:.

hstrickland.......Sometimes I have a hard time keeping up if I don't get on here for awhile and I'm always afraid I'm going to miss someone :sad2:.

MAGIC....itis......I love the planning too.......I get excited once our trip is booked and I'm always anxious for my 180 days to come around so I can make my ADRs :goodvibes.

pas130.......You will love RPC.....it's great :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter