Resort Changers - The Series ~ We still can't make up our minds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all--

Nice to meet a few kindred spirits. I got word just 2-3 weeks ago that we will be able to go in September, so this has been a real blitz of resort changing for me. Normally, I have about a year to plan and very few changes, but this time, the "last minute"-ness of the whole thing has trimmed my options and yet I'm changing more than ever, probably because of that. So far I've gone from booking WL to AKL to BWV to GF, and I'm still holding out hope for another switch if anything at the Poly comes open. I think knowing what I want (Poly) and not being able to get it has thrown me into this endless second guessing and switching. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy at any of these resorts, but I just can't get settled about it for some reason!

Hello, my name is MillerMom, and I have a small resort hopping problem......

So far we have had a reservation at AKL Jambo and every single one of the monorail resorts.... LOL
:welcome:Millermom0606! So where are you booked as of this moment?

I told y'all...KOOK is the queen....while I was in the process of TRYING to do 1 multi-quote post, she had already made 2 post WITH quotes!!!!:worship: You're like lightning fast! How many words can you type per minute??:laughing:
Years of fast resort changin' seem to have finally paid off:laughing:. Thanks for the compliment:)

We're one of those crazy families who did CL and DxDP:laughing:...worked for us, but we do LOTS of 2 credit TSs and used CL for breakfast. We also didn't book CL for the food...just the convenience aspect. Maybe you'll get your 40% off wish!!! And when you do, send some of your luck my way;)
What did you do with two snacks per person per day and did you ever use the mugs? (At the resort that is).

STEPDISNEY: I love our new thread title.

WDWKOOK: Looooove the SHAG 40th anniversary pic at the end of last thread!

This is exactly my goal. I plan to make 5 days my personal best in the next week!

Wow WDWKOOK, when you put it into print like this, you really have created quite the impressive string. Maybe we'll surprise even ourselves if we each do this. And yes, I get the condescending lilting upturn of the voice inflection nowadays before ending a call with with CMs, “Yeeeeess, thaaaaank you for caaaaalling Miss MAGIC...itis!”

I agree completely. And honestly, the planning is 51% of the fun for me. You will SHINE in you new found freedom to change, change, change!
I agree, it is a good title and I can't wait to see the other 40th anniversary merchandise they have. I was getting tired of the same old stuff. I'm not much of a shopper usually at WDW, but the SHAG items are a nice change. I'll take some photos of what I find and post them.

What do you think you might be changing this week? Do keep us posted;).

While my string of changes might appear impressive, I'm certain pas130, Stepdisney and others (Kaffinito? Where is she BTW?) have me beat. I had to go back to my WDW planning notebook to make sure I had it all straight:sad2:

I agree with you about the planning being more than half the fun. I could never ever use a TA since pretending I'm the TA is so much fun for me. Relinquish control of trip planning? NEVER!

Yes we eat dinner at mostly 2ts thats why we like the dxdp. Club level would be mostly for location, the quick breakfast and ok I'll admit it the beer and wine.:thumbsup2I figure with an ap I'll get at least 30% off, but you never know if cl will be available. They release the ap discounts so late.
I hope you get your AP rate soon:)

Ok, I can't believe that blizzard of posts and a new thread all occurred in under 24 hours. By Sunday, Janet will need a vacation just to take the time to read what she's missed.

I was having a terribly unsettled feeling about my short upcoming stay at AsSpo for myself, DH and DB. princess:pirate::chewy: I completely spaced on the fact that Values have double beds. The thought of three adults in two double beds just makes me woozy. So I decided to ditch AsSpo (where I do think Bball and Fball look really cute, though) until it is just DH & I on a weekend blitz. Then we can each spread out on our own double bed. Now I need a new resort.

Our itinerary is running, running, running. No resort or pooltime: Thursday = We arrive mid-afternoon. We'll drop DB off at DtD while we go to the real downtown Orlando to our concert. We'll pick up DB late at DtD and back to resort to sleep. Friday = HS; and then Saturday = probably do only Epcot. You know where this is leading, right? :goodvibes

Idea #1: My initial thought: POFQ so DB could easily boat back from DtD if he got tired or bored before we get back to DtD from our concert. POFQ is a solid contender.

Idea #2: Location, location. DH said, “What about the hotel with the fish on top of it?” (He's trying :hug:) The Swan IS really convenient for what we are planning, and I've never stayed at Swan or Dolphin yet. But is it really DIS? :rolleyes1 Should it count on my resort quest? Have any of you RCers ever tried Swan/Dolphin?

Idea #3: :goodvibes Yep. It's BWI. I cancelled another great rate at BWI for our late August stay and have been kicking myself ever since. The fact that I have never stayed here yet is making me

So guys, please help me out with this one. I'm stumped. Is it silly to do BWI for what amounts to a 1-1/2 night stay with NO resort or pool time planned for about $320.00 per night? POFQ and Swan are same price at about $190.00 per night. Money is no object per se, other than spending it foolishly is never a good idea to me. I made all three ressies just in case.
Selfishly, I'd go with #2 because I'd love to hear how you liked staying there compared with another Epcot resort. And, if you're only doing Epcot then I think this makes sense.

But unselfishly, I like the POFQ (though I prefer POR) since they would have the queens now and would have the food court and Disney theming and boat.

You're so right about Janet having a lot of catching-up to do. :surfweb:How can she go on vacation without the internet? That'll teach her:laughing:

Glad I found all of you at our "new home"

WDWKOOK......We've been to Kona for dinner but never for breakfast. I have heard very good things about their breakfast.....thinking I may just have to make and ADR there for December :idea:.

nrpofp.....I know exactly how you feel.....I made so many changes to our trip last December that I started to get confused after awhile as to what I actually had booked :laughing:. I made so many changes that I would be talking about our trip and as soon as I would mention something about the resort, my DH would say "I thought we were staying at such-and-such resort??".....I guess sometimes I failed to keep him up to date
Glad you found us!

DH loves The Samoan for breakfast at Kona. It's pulled pork with hollandaise over hash. I really think the Tonga Toast is too sweet, though I love bananas. The service is inconsistent there so keep in mind that some of the same items you can get over at CCs;)

I think Stepdisney has had to call the WDTC to find out where she was booked:rotfl:.

Hey all--

Nice to meet a few kindred spirits. I got word just 2-3 weeks ago that we will be able to go in September, so this has been a real blitz of resort changing for me. Normally, I have about a year to plan and very few changes, but this time, the "last minute"-ness of the whole thing has trimmed my options and yet I'm changing more than ever, probably because of that. So far I've gone from booking WL to AKL to BWV to GF, and I'm still holding out hope for another switch if anything at the Poly comes open. I think knowing what I want (Poly) and not being able to get it has thrown me into this endless second guessing and switching. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy at any of these resorts, but I just can't get settled about it for some reason!
Nice to have you aboard Missus Toad!

Where have you already stayed and what park will you visit the most? How important are TS dining options and transportation options?

Hi RCers!

Yes...I'm late, WDWKOOK...but I have been up...running WITHOUT the coffee:rolleyes:

BC/YC people....here ya go....we've yet to stay here, but visit on every trip. It's on my to-do list, just never can pull myself away from the MK resorts:confused3

DisneyOct2010076-1.jpg

Now, to go back and read.:surfweb:
Heather

Just had to tell y'all that DH txt me last night (he's out of town) to tell me that he found the RC Thread :confused3...his txt read..."Y'all are silly"....my question to him was...if you think it's silly, why are you reading it?!:laughing: I think it's funny that he actually took time to view it! I told you he secretly loves Disney as much as me.

Millermom....hi there! Welcome to the madness!

MAGIC...I would totally stay at the Dolphin or Swan. I know y'all have heard this a million times, but it's on my 'to-do' list:rolleyes1. They give teacher discounts there, and usually we can get a fairly good deal. We haven't done it yet because we can't get the dining plan. Might be good for a short trip, though. You are right...it's not 'totally' Disney, but it still qualifies;)

Mickeynut...it's early morning and I'm already having a hard time keeping up:scared1:

Missus Toad...You're right, any of those resorts you have choosen would be great...GF and Poly being top on my list;) Are any of the deluxes really that bad, ya know:laughing: I would take any of them!!

WDWKOOK...we actually did use our mugs at the pool. I would fill it up in the lounge with something (not always soda;)) and take it out. Are you not supposed to do that?:rolleyes1 As far as the snacks go...holy cow...we had a ton left over!!!!! Usually what we do on the last day is go to one of the candy stores and load up...seriously. It makes great little gifts for the kids' friends. We also have plenty for the kids at home. This sounds ridiculous, but I'll put all of it in a basket, and after dinner each night, they get to choose one thing for dessert. Kinda fun...and we get to talk about our trip, too. Trust me...those credits never go to waste:rotfl:

DSC_4772.jpg

Janet....where are you:laughing:....lots of reading when you get back!!!

Pas....by the way, I told DH that y'all booked RPC...his reply...."And..." :laughing: I was trying to give him a hint. Unfortunately it didn't work!

Hi RCers!

Yes...I'm late, WDWKOOK...but I have been up...running WITHOUT the coffee:rolleyes:

BC/YC people....here ya go....we've yet to stay here, but visit on every trip. It's on my to-do list, just never can pull myself away from the MK resorts:confused3

DisneyOct2010076-1.jpg

Now, to go back and read.:surfweb:
Heather

I can't WAIT until we arrive. What a beautiful picture. I have to show my husband so he will CALM DOWN about where we are staying. He said last night "I wish that we were staying somewhere with a separate bedroom." I finally said "I will change to a villa but it will be BWV or BCV. "I have to have my Epcot this time." * She said with a pout and a stomp....:guilty:

:welcome: to all of our new changers....and those who threaten to change and, eventually, WILL change. So glad that most of us have made it here safely. I have to go find Kaffinito to make sure that she gets here. After all, she is our QUEEN! (Don't listen to her, SHE IS the QUEEN of changes).

So glad that everyone loves the title of the thread. We are always open for suggestions here.

Kook, you have more changes this year than all of us put together.... :scared1:

Magic I think POFQ would be great. It is a short trip and you won't be spending time at the resort but sleep is you main concern and POFQ has the queen beds now. I would go for it and save some money.

I LOVE the idea of Crock pot cooking in the hot weather! I may throw a whole chicken into the crock and then, after it cools, I can make wraps or fajitas, or a nice salad.

Lots of good posts to read this morning.....Make a great day RCers

Hi all. Eight days 'til my new 30 day countdown ticker.

WDWKOOK: 1.) Now you've got me hungry thinking Kona... that Samoan is kinda yummy. :) ... 2.) Re your quote: “I think Stepdisney has had to call the WDTC to find out where she was booked.” Oh my gosh, soooooo funny! :lmao:

Stepdisney, Heather and WDWKOOK, Thanks for the input. I am surprised I got 2 S/D-curious votes. So many die-hards are anti S/D. You guys know I am trying to talk myself into BWI, but I really don't think the itinerary of this trip is really made for it. I'm down to POFQ or Swan...
FYI guys, I didn't know anything about S/D. After research I learned this info: Swan is a Westin hotel & offers queen beds; and Dolphin is a Sheraton & offers double beds. :confused3 So at least the bed situation makes ONE choice easy. I could see me waffling back and forth just between Swan and Dolphin for a week! :hyper:

Heather: Soooooo, your hubby is a a closet RCer???? ;););) :rotfl2:

Stepdisney: 1.) We eat out a lot and I still use my crock pot at least once a week. So cool for this FL heat. I've crammed a whole pork butt in there and made delicious bbq pulled pork! Also now I transfer my homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs into my crock to simmer all day. :cloud9: ... 2.) And, any decision on US/IoA? ... 3.) Glad Heather's beautiful pic of SAB made you excited for your trip today.

Millermom606 and Missus Toad: Yes, give us the poop on the hows and whys and wheres! Where are you booked now and how did you get here? popcorn::

Missus Toad: I know that I stop changing when it just "feels" right. I hope one of your RCs leaves you the warm fuzzy feeling, too! :goodvibes

I just found our new home. wow 3 pages already. I'll have to get caught back up when after I get my school work done for the day. I went to post yesterday on the old thread, as I was typing, the power went out. :headache: I called my DH b/c my in laws house is known for throwning breakers b/c the people that built this house are complete idiots. Over the phone, he walked me through making sure it wasn't the breakers. Then I called the electric company and they said that the power was out and if hopefully it would be back on in a couple of hours. Well I had three boys in the house ages 13, 12, 9 (almost 10). The 9 yr old was rolling around on the floor in my inlaws bedroom while watching tv and had a huge goose egg bump coming up on the back of his head. I just packed up the kids and went to my sister's house. I have a key to her house, so I can take care of her fur-babies if I need to.
Janet B "letthewookiewin: That's some choice for you, WL or POP with that savings .... hmmm. I love POP, but we are 4 people and I wanted something different... and I gave up FD too. Would you consider POR, boat to DTD and newly refurbed?? I don't know the price difference, but you would have queens too."
I thought about the POR, but are all the rooms getting the royal make over? When I showed the youngest DS a picture of the new Royal rooms he said that there was no way he was going to stay in that girly room. I was thinking about the POFQ though.
pas130 "That's horrible, I can picture your little guy and his blue lips, and you didn't notice you got hurt helping him... Please be careful with that Blood pressure....Especially with those headaches.....OK nurse hat off, RC hat back on. I thought about that too with POP...I can't imagine my kiddos sharing a double, they are crazy sleepers. DS 10 has a double bed here at home, and he's all over the place"
I knew that I had gotten hurt, but as soon as we got out of the water we sat down on a beach chair and snuggled up in a couple of towels. I thought that a band aid wouldn't stick anyway, since I was still pretty wet. As soon as I saw his lips turning blue, I told my DH that we had to leave. I think when I got up, I hit it on the chair and made it start bleeding again. My mil, who is a nurse as well, is always on my about my blood pressure. I'm not exactly great about taking my meds, b/c I don't have a lot left. My DH was an out of work IT guy looking, but no finding. Then his dad asked him to work with his company, so now he is self employeed. I'm in the process of getting insurance, just haven't gotten it yet. My boys sleep in a double bed (I think that's what it is) right now. We moved in with my in laws b/c of my mother in laws health. She had pulmonary embolisms in both lungs late last year that the doctors still don't know how she survived. Then after we moved in with her, our house cat attacked her leg and made a 6in horse shoe shaped flap.
ok, well time to stop procrastinating and go get some school work done. Well after I make the boys lunch. Hopefully I can get caught back up while I'm waiting too see the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows double feature tonight.

Alright, MAGIC, if I'm reading correctly, you haven't tried POFQ or Swan...correct? And you are on a quest to try EVERY resort, right? Then it's a win win situation:laughing: I'm on the same agenda....in the process of trying to decide between POR, CBR, AKL, or SSR for the Princess Half. Just going to be my husband and me...no kids:rolleyes1....any thoughts RCers????

letthewookiewin....wow! Hope everything turns out ok! Sounds like y'all have had a time! Enjoy Harry Potter;)

Heather

:banana: RCers... my banana won't dance... is this possibly some kind of sign? :eek:

I thought about the POR, but are all the rooms getting the royal make over? When I showed the youngest DS a picture of the new Royal rooms he said that there was no way he was going to stay in that girly room. I was thinking about the POFQ though.
No just some rooms near the back of the resort will get the royal treatment. The rest are just getting a nice upgrade with queen beds. And POFQ is all done with their upgrade. Hope you all are ok after the electric outage.

Alright, MAGIC, if I'm reading correctly, you haven't tried POFQ or Swan...correct? And you are on a quest to try EVERY resort, right? Then it's a win win situation:laughing: I'm on the same agenda....in the process of trying to decide between POR, CBR, AKL, or SSR for the Princess Half. Just going to be my husband and me...no kids:rolleyes1....any thoughts RCers????
Heather, yes... win win to be sure. It's just the darn torture I put myself through to have fun! ;) ... How long will you and DH stay with your Princess 1/2 trip? Some ideas: 1.) If the kids have any interest in AKL, I'd save that for them. If not, then dark and mysterious AKL with a Jiko stop is nice for an adult trip. And I ADORE Boma breakfast. We usually go very late on check out day and enjoy a nice long leisurely brunch with no crowds. 2.) POR and SSR offers the neat-o boat to Dtd and all that that location offers with dining and nightlife and shopping. DH and I just took the boat ride again a couple weeks ago. Our boatmates were all adults and everyone was holding hands (kinda romantic :lovestruc). Don't mind me... I'm a just as much of a sucker for the boats as I am about the monorail.

Heather, yes... win win to be sure. It's just the darn torture I put myself through to have fun! ;) ... How long will you and DH stay with your Princess 1/2 trip? Some ideas: 1.) If the kids have any interest in AKL, I'd save that for them. If not, then dark and mysterious AKL with a Jiko stop is nice for an adult trip. And I ADORE Boma breakfast. We usually go very late on check out day and enjoy a nice long leisurely brunch with no crowds. 2.) POR and SSR offers the neat-o boat to Dtd and all that that location offers with dining and nightlife and shopping. DH and I just took the boat ride again a couple weeks ago. Our boatmates were all adults and everyone was holding hands (kinda romantic :lovestruc). Don't mind me... I'm a just as much of a sucker for the boats as I am about the monorail.

You have a great point...the kids should go to AKL...that's out now. I just realized that POR and POFQ are both on the host resort list. We are going down on Friday after work...takes about 4 1/2 hours...get in around 9ish...then leave on Monday late morning. If all of POFQ is done, then that ranks higher...guaranteed refurb room;) We will certainly go to DTD without a doubt since we aren't doing any parks. CHOICES:scared1: DH likes boat rides, too...in fact, when we're at the WL, that's what he ALWAYS wants to take to MK...no bus!

Thanks!

I haven't posted for what seems an eternity to a resort changer :scared1:

I'm waiting for discounts (so long since I've had one, I wonder what they actually look like :lmao:), and if that moment happens then I'll be here again posting my resort change. Until that time I'm still sticking with BC and BWI :rolleyes1

You have a great point...the kids should go to AKL...that's out now. I just realized that POR and POFQ are both on the host resort list. We are going down on Friday after work...takes about 4 1/2 hours...get in around 9ish...then leave on Monday late morning. If all of POFQ is done, then that ranks higher...guaranteed refurb room;) We will certainly go to DTD without a doubt since we aren't doing any parks. CHOICES:scared1: DH likes boat rides, too...in fact, when we're at the WL, that's what he ALWAYS wants to take to MK...no bus!

Thanks!

All of POFQ is done, they're currently working on POR. I don't know when POR will be done, but I think it's in 2012.

Help! I can't make-up my mind. Do I post here or to the "old" thread that's only on page 228:confused3

Thanks for making the thread change for us Stepdisney:thumbsup2

Oh, and don't forget all those room-only reservations we can change with impunity up to five days prior to arrival - not that any of us would do that;)

I always thought we had until 45 days out! I didn't know I could change my ressies NOW! Heck, you could change your ressies now! :banana:

So glad I found our new "home" and quite impressed that we're on the Resorts Board again. :worship:

oh i must join! I love them all so much that i can't choose just one for a trip, or even just two!

Hi there! I was wondering how long it would take for you to come over and join us!

So where are you staying? :) Last I read it was at AKL. :goodvibes

Part 1:lmao:
oh i must join! I love them all so much that i can't choose just one for a trip, or even just two!
:welcome: I'm glad there are so many choices, but it would make it easier it there weren't so many. I am love that the resort are so different.
I might be joining this thread after our upcoming split stay and/or my hubster's admission to the looney bin due to this and future Disney trips. :laughing:
:welcome:My DH says that I am the one who should be put in the looney bin b/c of all my WDW trip planning and RC'ing.
I so totally belong in this club. I made so many changes to our May trip this year I am embarrassed to type it out. I have made several changes to our Oct trip BC then YC now BW. I have switched room types 4 times CL to water view to standard now its water view. I did call last night to see if cl was available unfortunately it was not:sad2:. I made a reservation for next May on July 7 and have changed 3 times. 12 nights at poly to 6 at poly/6 gf. With the monorail closing early I decided to switch to 6 nights poly/6nights BW. I think I am good until discounts come out then the confusion will set in again. I'll probably upgrade to a view or cl. Then I will start feeling gulity about the money and downgrade again. Then a week later I'll upgrade again. :confused3I am sure the cm's have some interesting notes on my record.:laughing: The first thing my dh asks me every night is if I made any changes to our vacation.
:welcome:You shouldn't feel embarrassed. I'm sure it isn't any more than anyone else has done. I would love it if my DH asked me about our trip. I have to practically force him to talk about them.
It is a fortunate addiction, isn't it? I always remind myself (and patient DH:love:) how lucky I am to be able to have all these wonderful choices that are yet, so vexing.
It is. I always tell my DH that if I'm going to have an addiction at least it's for WDW and not Meth, cocaine, or alcohol. He still thinks I need a 12 step program.
:When it's too flippin' hot to cook, we do lots of sandwiches and light snack-type meals (breads, cheeses, olives, cold roast chicken, etc.) accompanied with salads or possibly some of those steam-in-bag veggies. I know this'll sound bizarre but I use my Crockpot more, too -- since I don't want to go anywhere near the oven. :stir:
My mil has a counter top roaster that we use to make roasts in. With the Texas heat staying at 100+ we only use the oven for items that only need 10-15 minutes to cook.
I've been referred here because I'm told I need help.

I'm not really a resort changer. I can never pull the trigger. I choose a resort and then spend hours looking at other resorts and waffling thinking, "oh well I've always wanted to stay there!" or "I could stay there for free using points!" But eventually decide to just stay put.

I hope I'm accepted anyway. You all just have more courage than me. I'm afraid of change :sad2:
:welcome: You may just be a mental RC'er, but you are an RC'er none the less. If you are worried about trying a new resort, you should do a split stay with the new resort at the beginning of the stay. That way if you don't like the new resort, you have your resort of choice to look forward to, or maybe you can get Disney to let you change to the 2nd resort early.
Subbing

I am a resort changer and proud of it :)

I love the adrenaline rush I get everytime I make a resort change and my heart flutters when I start tweeking my ADRs.

DH just goes a long with the flow and and says what ever you think when I say , hey what do you think about staying at XXXXX. :rotfl:

My current reservation has been changed 9 times and I have not changed it since 6/16, I think it is about time again :lmao:
:welcome: I totally feel the same way. Especially with the ADR. The last trip that we had planned, ended up getting booked as a May trip. I was able to get all the ADR's that I wanted that included Mother's Day dinner at CRT. Then I decided to cancel for financial reasons. My DH had been hurt at work and missed alot b/c of therapy. I would look at my beautiful ADR calendar and cry. The thing that made me the saddest about canceling the trip was having to cancel all of the ADR's.
I have decided to make my own ressies next time and not use the Dis travel planner that I have - the guilt I feel every time I email is preventing me from changing as much as I would like to....

Dawn
We've always used a TA in the past, but that was before I came down with WDW OCD. I don't think I could let anyone else have any amount of contol over my WDW trip. Now if we were going to an overseas Disney park, or anywhere else overseas, then we would use a TA again.
my ta probably wants to shoot me. so far we have changed from por to allstar music. then to Coronado. we also have added and substracted and then added people along the way. i have also changed my park tickets too. my name is lisa and i am a chronic resort changer.
:welcome:That's another reason I don't want to use a TA. I make so many changes, I would send her to the looney bin.
Hello, my name is MillerMom, and I have a small resort hopping problem...... :rotfl:

So far we have had a reservation at AKL Jambo and every single one of the monorail resorts.... LOL
:welcome:

I was having a terribly unsettled feeling about my short upcoming stay at AsSpo for myself, DH and DB. princess:pirate::chewy: I completely spaced on the fact that Values have double beds. The thought of three adults in two double beds just makes me woozy. So I decided to ditch AsSpo (where I do think Bball and Fball look really cute, though) until it is just DH & I on a weekend blitz. Then we can each spread out on our own double bed. :rotfl2: Now I need a new resort.
The double beds are truly the only hang up I have about the PC. My hubby says to book the PC and then when we get there if he and I are uncomfortable in the bed we'll just sleep one parent and one DS to a bed.

Part 2 :lmao: My first post was so big that I had to break it up. It would let me post it like it was.
I agree about the age limits for DDP......I think 10 is a little young for adult pricing. My two are 18 and 16 so we've been paying adult DDP prices for them for awhile now......but we do love the DDP and my DSs can eat so we always make out ok......but for some it's just not worth it and can get pretty expensive :(.
sjs314......My DH is the same way......he knows I'm crazy when it comes to Disney and just goes along with what I decide :). But he loves going to Disney too (not as much as me, but still loves it) and we're on the same page when it comes to what we look for in a resort......so he lets me go through all my changes and just likes to know where we're staying before we arrive :laughing:.

MAGIC....itis......I love the planning too.......I get excited once our trip is booked and I'm always anxious for my 180 days to come around so I can make my ADRs :goodvibes.
I think the age limit is nuts on the DDP. My nephew (who will be 10 in a couple of weeks) could never come close to eating an adult meal. My 12 year old, sometimes can. Now our 13 yr old is a total different story. That kid was out eating me at 9-10-ish. He's not fat either. He just has huge growth spurts and is about 5'10".
I didn't think my DH liked going to WDW b/c he never wanted to talk about the trip at all until 6 months out. Even then he just wanted to talk a little. When we canceled out last trip, I made him make the call. When he would catch me crying b/c we had to cancel, he would just tell me to get over it. I told him he was a hearless monster that just didn't understand b/c he didn't care about the trip and hated going. He then told me that he really liked going to WDW, and was very sad that we had to cancel.
For me the planning is almost as fun as the tip. Plus it last longer than the actualy trip.

Hey all--

:welcome:
Just had to tell y'all that DH txt me last night (he's out of town) to tell me that he found the RC Thread :confused3...his txt read..."Y'all are silly"....my question to him was...if you think it's silly, why are you reading it?!:laughing: I think it's funny that he actually took time to view it! I told you he secretly loves Disney as much as me.
My DH thinks that everyone on the DIS is nuts and that we speak our own crazy language. He considers this the DIS funny farm.
letthewookiewin....wow! Hope everything turns out ok! Sounds like y'all have had a time! Enjoy Harry Potter;)

Heather
Life has been interesting to say the least. I was able to find one theatre in our area that did the double feature. That's what we get for waiting the day of to get tickets. I think my DH hit his head really hard at work today b/c he thinks it would be ok to show up last minute and get seats.
:banana: RCers... my banana won't dance... is this possibly some kind of sign? :eek:

No just some rooms near the back of the resort will get the royal treatment. The rest are just getting a nice upgrade with queen beds. And POFQ is all done with their upgrade. Hope you all are ok after the electric outage.
:banana: My banana isn't dancing until I post.Last year they did rolling brown-outs b/c of the heat. I'm hoping they don't do it again this year.
That's good to know b/c I had written the POR off b/c I thought they were all getting the royal make over. That's bad news as well b/c that's one more option to confuse my RC brain.:lmao:

Miss Hannah, I was just about to PM you when I saw your post. Where have you been? And yes, you did miss a lot of changing;). We've missed you and hope you'll update us soon:grouphug:. Welcome back:goodvibes

I have been working so much lately. I have been working 6 days a week and usually 6+ hour shifts so I've been using my time to relax and hang out with my boyfriend. I'll have to go back to the other thread and catch up.

I do have some good news! My boyfriend is all for going to Disney World! I haven't talked about it since our fight about the trip so I'm hoping that helped. I honestly don't know what changed his mind, but when I asked him about it last night he said he would really like to go with me. :cloud9: He said we could talk about the details soon so we can figure out exactly what days we want to go. I was grinning from ear to ear when he told me that. He said it so sincerely too which made me happier. He really sounded like he wanted to go so I'm hoping that talking about it less with him and more with my wonderful group of RCers, it will make things go more smoothly. :goodvibes

Well actually he's being a little sarcastic when he asks:confused3He gets really confused about what I got going on. I can't blame him I confuse myself with all my changes. My mom is going with us in Oct lucky for me her short term memory is not so great anymore.

*Sigh* I belong here too. This morning I changed my resort reservation for the 5th time in three months. I had a good reason for the last two changes, I swear. :guilty:

My name is Casey. And I have a resort changing problem...

Hey Rcers! Great news...

Bouncebacks are in rooms! Since most of us have upcoming August stays, let's start planning some more trips now so we can make THAT CALL before we check out of our rooms! :lmao:

The offer says 35% mods and 40% deluxe... good for most nights 8/21 - 10/8, 10/23 -10/29, 11/13 - 11/19, 11/27 - 12/3 and 12/11 - 12/17. So that's groovy news for me and hopefully for you, too. :hippie:

Still too early for those 2012 BB dates, though. Patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter