Resort Swap COMPLETE

I'm sorry about your son's dad...That must be very difficult for him!

I looked online, it looks like the Halloween party is the 6th, so go for it! 2009 dates. I'm still working DH about going this year, but I have a feeling it'll be a cruise in 2010 (which I'm dying to start planning!), over Halloween.

I think I have everything up to date - please double check me just in case.

I will leave signups open through the weekend and close it out on Monday. I may join a few more groups myself at that time - I covet everything from this swap and truly want to join every group, even if I've never been to the resort!

Oct 2-8 are our dates for WDW too - also going to MNSSHP on the 6th, and celebrating my bday while we're there. I keep forgetting we share the same birthday, Susie!

I have a quick question about the file folders. When you say mini, do you mean the kind that you punch out or do you mean the smaller sized sizzix? The sizzix comes in two sizes. A complete one that you can fold and a larger one that you have to fold the paper first and then doctor up the front of it. Just wanted to know so I can plan on which die to use.

I'd like Yatch Club, file folder.

While we don't have a trip for the 2-8 or so I would love to get together with people on Tuesday the 6th if they are available. I have an AP so which park(s) don't matter but Tues is when DH drives to Orlando in the fall.

Rebecca

I will leave signups open through the weekend and close it out on Monday. I may join a few more groups myself at that time - I covet everything from this swap and truly want to join every group, even if I've never been to the resort!

Do you think you could let it go just a touch longer. I get home on Tuesday evening, and I was hoping to be able to go through my stash and check my cricut stuff, because I might also sign up for a few more groups.

Wow, there are a lot of people going to WDW the first week of Oct!! I have reservations for the previous weekend Sept 24 to 28, but that may have to be canceled due to my pup's shoulder injury. We'll see.

I may consider joining a couple of groups like Swan / Dolphin and Shades of Green that only have one person now. Those are the only groups I don't have tons of swap items already. I met Rebecca at Shades of Green last Dec. and have some photos (plus old ones when it was Disney Inn a thousand years ago) and of course tons of Swan / Dolphin where I've stayed several times.

SIOH, I absolutely love Kidani Village and their new restaurant is my new WDW favorite restaurant with such unique and delicious food and the very best service, by far, of any restuarant in the whole world!! In fact, all 3 AKL sit-down restaurants are my WDW favs. Can you tell I have no food in the house for breakfast?! No time to shop either...LOL!!

Did you go to Sanaa? I'm so jealous! I can't decide whether to try it in Oct or wait one more trip ('til DS is a little older). And y'all know how I feel about Boma!!! It's my very favoritest!!

I didn't eat at Boma on honeymoon but when we stayed 1 night at AKL I found a pack of Zebra Domes in the fridge at the counter service place, think they were from Boma the previous night. I just had to try them after all the raving on the DIS and wow, they were amazing! I'd go back to visit AKL just to get another pack!

I didn't eat at Boma on honeymoon but when we stayed 1 night at AKL I found a pack of Zebra Domes in the fridge at the counter service place, think they were from Boma the previous night. I just had to try them after all the raving on the DIS and wow, they were amazing! I'd go back to visit AKL just to get another pack!

Oh, I love those, too!!! Chicken Pepper Pot soup is my absolute favorite thing there, and sometimes, they have it at Mara, too. I eat it every chance I can find it!!

:sad2::sad2::sad2::mad::mad::mad:where is a stamping one's foot smiley when you need it!!! My dates would have been Oct 3-10th if my boss had approved my vacation. All of the stars had aligned - free dining, f&w, our anniversary, Better than Ezra (one of our favorite bands) performing, and cheap flights. But, alas, the boss vetoed the vacation time. So instead - and I know I shouldn't complain too much - I will be a DL/DCA staying in the new Grand Californian Villas from Nov 30th to Dec 5. We get there right after turkey day (once everyone has gone home!) and leave on Friday before all of the weekend folks arrive. :D Guess I should have joined the DL/DCA swap!

Did you go to Sanaa? I'm so jealous! I can't decide whether to try it in Oct or wait one more trip ('til DS is a little older). And y'all know how I feel about Boma!!! It's my very favoritest!!

Yes, celebrated my birthday at Sanaa! It was fabulous! The food and the service are wonderful! If you're a hamburger person or steak and potato person, you won't like it though. I like anything different since I can get regular food at home. Vacations are meant to try different experiences.

Being a family destination, Disney has children's menus everywhere, though the regular entrees are definately for adult palates. There were young children there, but not a lot. I loved the decor, too! Sanaa, Jiko, and Boma are my favorites!

Whew - multiquote is getting a workout with this post!

First, Swap related:

I have a quick question about the file folders. When you say mini, do you mean the kind that you punch out or do you mean the smaller sized sizzix? The sizzix comes in two sizes. A complete one that you can fold and a larger one that you have to fold the paper first and then doctor up the front of it. Just wanted to know so I can plan on which die to use.

I'd like Yatch Club, file folder.

Well, that's a good question. I copied that from previous swaps and I've often wondered that myself which is why I haven't used my Sizzix die in a long time. I think the smaller Sizzix die is fine for making just one - I think the needing 2 would be the ones that come from a hand-held punch.

Do you think you could let it go just a touch longer. I get home on Tuesday evening, and I was hoping to be able to go through my stash and check my cricut stuff, because I might also sign up for a few more groups.

No problem - I'll leave it open until you tell me you're done signing up!

Can I have

P. Wilderness Lodge
2 Borders

How Wide are they to be?

I would say about 2 inches, give or take a bit either way.

I may consider joining a couple of groups like Swan / Dolphin and Shades of Green that only have one person now. Those are the only groups I don't have tons of swap items already. I met Rebecca at Shades of Green last Dec. and have some photos (plus old ones when it was Disney Inn a thousand years ago) and of course tons of Swan / Dolphin where I've stayed several times.

I hope you do decide to join at least a few groups!

Then, Trip-related:
While we don't have a trip for the 2-8 or so I would love to get together with people on Tuesday the 6th if they are available. I have an AP so which park(s) don't matter but Tues is when DH drives to Orlando in the fall.

Rebecca

I don't know all my plans for the week yet, but I know that day because MNSSHP is that night - I'm pretty sure we'll be doing AK in the morning, Tusker House for lunch, and an easy afternoon. I'm definitely up for a mini-DIS meet at some point that day!

:sad2::sad2::sad2::mad::mad::mad:where is a stamping one's foot smiley when you need it!!! My dates would have been Oct 3-10th if my boss had approved my vacation. All of the stars had aligned - free dining, f&w, our anniversary, Better than Ezra (one of our favorite bands) performing, and cheap flights. But, alas, the boss vetoed the vacation time. So instead - and I know I shouldn't complain too much - I will be a DL/DCA staying in the new Grand Californian Villas from Nov 30th to Dec 5. We get there right after turkey day (once everyone has gone home!) and leave on Friday before all of the weekend folks arrive. :D Guess I should have joined the DL/DCA swap!

Yeah, no whining from you - it's a very close race between which is the more desirable trip!

Yes, celebrated my birthday at Sanaa! It was fabulous! The food and the service are wonderful! If you're a hamburger person or steak and potato person, you won't like it though. I like anything different since I can get regular food at home. Vacations are meant to try different experiences.

Being a family destination, Disney has children's menus everywhere, though the regular entrees are definately for adult palates. There were young children there, but not a lot. I loved the decor, too! Sanaa, Jiko, and Boma are my favorites!

See, we keep going back and forth on Sanaa. Initially I was really excited about it, but when the menu came out I was underwhelmed. We love Indian food and eat it all the time and I moved beyond tandoori chicken and chicken curry a long time ago. The bread service appetizer sounds like reason enough to go, but none of the entrees get me excited. What did you order?

See, we keep going back and forth on Sanaa. Initially I was really excited about it, but when the menu came out I was underwhelmed. We love Indian food and eat it all the time and I moved beyond tandoori chicken and chicken curry a long time ago. The bread service appetizer sounds like reason enough to go, but none of the entrees get me excited. What did you order?

NEE, I had the Indian Bread Service and was really full after that, but I had also ordered the Tandoori Chicken, which I was kind of hedging on. The bread service was great!!! If I were doing it again, I would have probably ordered another appetizer along with the bread service. I find you usually get more unique offerings and varying tastes with appetizers.

Desert was the chocalate cake!

I thought the same as you when I saw the menu, but that bread service was really worth it. I would have liked to have had the Samosas, too, but I had those at Jiko which was delicious!

Hmmm. Okay, it's back on the list! Maybe we'll go for lunch and just do appetizers. Next week is our deadline to iron all out all our dining choices - too many choices for not enough slots!

Hmmm. Okay, it's back on the list! Maybe we'll go for lunch and just do appetizers. Next week is our deadline to iron all out all our dining choices - too many choices for not enough slots!

I went there for lunch as well. That's what I wold suggest the first time.

I can do online dining reservations starting tomorrow morning so I may make some tentatively in case I can really go.

I would like to join two more....

All Star Movies - License Plate
Fort Wilderness - Paper Piecing

Thanks, Meg

I would like to do T Saratoga Springs borders and if anyone else wants to join the second AKL group, I will do borders for that too. I will be away at Disney 8/18 for that check in, so what do I do?

I will see your borders and add in 2 photo mats for AKL.
I'm sure others will join in too. It's a good one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter