Reunion resort or Sheraton resort villas...?

Reunion or Sheraton?

• Reunion

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Sheraton

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Sheraton springs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Marchbreaker

Earning My Ears
hi everyone...need some advice.
I’m travelling for the Canadian March Break and I’m investing a lot of money as I’m flying with 3 kids. I’ve tentatively booked both the reunion golf salamander resort and the Sheraton vistana report villas. There is a price difference of $300 but whole star difference. Which one is nicer? If Sheraton, which section is the nicest? If we stayed at reunion I was thinking seven eagles looked nice.

I was also thinking of renting at Sheraton privately to save more money. But, I’d be in the older springs section. I heard it isn’t as nice. Is this true? Should I save money and stay here? I’ve spent so much already on the airfare! I’ve booked a car! We are planning on doing universal for just one day.

Thanks in advance!

:welcome: to the DISboards @Marchbreaker

My vote would be Sheraton Vistana Resort of those options. Reunion is very nice, but it is a fair ways out from the parks, making travelling back and forth to the parks a bit of a hassle. Average drive times from Vistana Resort to the Disney parks is 9-12 minutes (Unofficial Guide study); this makes rope drop, mid-day breaks, and evening park returns much more doable.

Vistana is a large resort, and which section is nicest is very open to interpretation. Check out the main Vistana thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread.3148502/ for lots of pictures and descriptions of the resort and to help figure out what features of the various sections are a good fit for what you are looking for. None of the resort is "old"; it had a full refurbishment/remodel a few years ago and all sections are up to modern luxury standards you would expect from Sheraton. I have stayed in Springs and it is one of our favorite sections, although the buildings/villas fronting 535 are less desirable. However, I go against the mainstream a bit as I prefer the older, larger, roomier sections in the resort to the newer, more compact, higher density sections. I would say the majority seem to prefer the taller buildings with elevators (Cascades and Lakes), to the other 7 sections.

If by Canadian break, you mean the Ontario public schools break, wave if you see us. We'll be lounging by the pools a few days I'm sure.

Thanks so much for your input.
I’ve researched so much I’m getting silly! I decided on Sheraton for sure....but thought I’d like to stay in the fountains section on the third floor. However, I can stay in the springs section through a timeshare and save some money. I feel like the prices keep going up and universal for a family of 5, well, ....$$$$$$!
The springs room is main floor and faces lagoon I think.

Yes, Ontario March Break! So we can pay twice as much. Lol
I can’t wait though.
I’ll try to pick you out of the crowd of the other Canadians.

We stayed at Sheraton vistana resort this past September for the first time and we absolutely loved it. We have never stayed off site before but did for the last few days of our stay and we will be back. We did 9 nights at AKL and my kids would rather go back to Sheraton vistana so that’s what we will do next time.

How long is the drive from Vistana to MK in the am at rope drop and then later at supper time?
About 12 minutes DRIVE time either time of day. Only one busy intersection on the route to MK, but you are turning right, so shouldn't have to wait for the light. Note this does not include time for parking or reaching the gates. If trying to make rope drop, I would leave an hour to 45 minutes prior.

I've stayed in both Reunion and Vistana. While both are nice, I prefer Vistana as well. We have stayed in Springs and Fountains. It's been a few years but I think the Springs section has 2 stories and the Fountains has 3. Neither has an elevator so be aware of that but I preferred them to the newer highrise types. I like the little "greenhouse" type windows they have over the sinks in Fountains and Springs. Having a view makes doing any light dishes a bit more enjoyable :). When we stayed in Fountains we were near the pool/basketball court/volleyball which were all clustered in one area. Springs had a nice somewhat quieter pool with a small slide that my kids enjoyed. I don't think you'll be disappointed either way.

I’m going to Disney.......which forum is best to start?

Jump in anywhere. The theme park boards might be the best place to start. Some of the photo threads on the community boards are fun. But just read for a while to get a feel for the boards and do some searches for topics that interest you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter