Rider Switch changing (Started June 16th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not everyone needs a FP, they haven’t solved the problem of splitting fast passes and getting more than one tier 1 ride.

no, definitely not ... if this experience is how Disney wants it to run (and not just how this particular CM was running it) then it appears the big concerns were paper return periods with long allowance for when it expired - be that the selling of them on eBay and also likely how it made it harder for them to know (and thus control) FP lines as now there is a specific window for those people to return

Thanks for sharing. I have to admit I'm disappointed that they aren't enforcing the FP for everyone rule.

I really don’t think as guests we would notice the difference in the lines if they did. I think in the grand scheme of things the number of people getting “extra” FP are so negligible. Despite what people think, it’s really not convenient to use RS to the absolute fullest nor is it really a time savings compared to a group without small children most of the time. Even more so because they’ve got a time window now.

And they still might be requiring everyone to use FP, they may have been able to see who held a FP when they were all scanned and assigned the pass, or the CM may just not have been following protocol. I was given a RS at FoP without my toddlers in sight, it happens.

If not everyone needs a FP, they haven’t solved the problem of splitting fast passes and getting more than one tier 1 ride.

If they aren’t requiring it, maybe it’s not a problem in Disney’s eyes.

I’m sure they know the number of people actually bothering to do this and whether it’s worth the effort and inconvenience placed on other guests to stop it.

Just wanted to report our FOP experience this morning. They started the digital RS today and we had a FP for two of us and needed a RS for the adult staying with the littles. They never asked him for a FP, they scanned us and then asked who was going back. We told her just him and she said we were entitled to 3 guests. So we scanned our ODD and myself as well. They then said we had a return window of 10:57-11:57. It was 10:20 at the time. So I assume that is an hour plus the time it will take to wait and ride. So the rule about needed a FP for everyone doesn’t seem to be in effect, but there is an hour time window for return. Just wanted to share our experience this morning!

Just a thought...now that we have an actual report of a definite policy change...we can probably move this discussion back over to TPAS and get everyone over there all riled up again :rotfl:

@BrookieM2001...maybe want to post your experience over on TPAS?

They'll regret that when TSL opens if it's how they continue with it.

And SWL will be outright UGLY!

Many folks don't care about TSL (to me it's a cheap carnival addition that is disappointing and will never be important to our trips).

But come Star Wars .... they will need to hire more Stormtroopers ...

RE: FoP starting early ... we only know that is what THOSE CMs did THAT day. Disney may be changing it slowly over time, training folks to the one hour, then slowly closing the loops. We all know it varies with the wind on any given day ... everyone should be prepared for all the possibilities.

:laughing:

Sounds like I need to get back to developing my "rent a baby" biz.

Are you crafty?

How to Make a Lifelike Baby Girl Doll? ........... [http://babysilicone.com/lifelike-baby-dolls-make/]

realistic-baby-kiss.jpg

Just wanted to report our FOP experience this morning. They started the digital RS today and we had a FP for two of us and needed a RS for the adult staying with the littles. They never asked him for a FP, they scanned us and then asked who was going back. We told her just him and she said we were entitled to 3 guests. So we scanned our ODD and myself as well. They then said we had a return window of 10:57-11:57. It was 10:20 at the time. So I assume that is an hour plus the time it will take to wait and ride. So the rule about needed a FP for everyone doesn’t seem to be in effect, but there is an hour time window for return. Just wanted to share our experience this morning!

See I have a problem with this. Why are they scanning all 3 people if one has to be watching the child. I get that you are entitled to 3 - to come back. Not to take a bonus ride. So in this case the CM just gave you and Child one ride, Dad and child one ride, and then you another ride while Dad waits again with the child. This makes no sense to me.

and if the rumor of the Character Spot going to Tier 1 is true, (per Kenny the Pirate) the FP wait at Living with the Land will only get longer as there are not a lot of tier 2 options left
It already is, not a rumor. I cannot modify mine for next week anymore, I have CS and Frozen.

See I have a problem with this. Why are they scanning all 3 people if one has to be watching the child. I get that you are entitled to 3 - to come back. Not to take a bonus ride. So in this case the CM just gave you and Child one ride, Dad and child one ride, and then you another ride while Dad waits again with the child. This makes no sense to me.

And on this point, if you are about to go ride another ride with RS and arent planning to use it, you have to know to decline the extra RS, or else you won’t be able to get the next one. So if mom and child ride, Dad and child ride, and then they go to the next ride and Dad and child ride first, mom won’t be able to get a RS yet.

Thanks for reporting back! Firsthand experiences from guests actually in the parks are exactly the reason I’ve been subscribed to this thread. I really appreciate you taking time from your vacation to post here as it will, no doubt, help many others that will visiting in the coming weeks. Have fun!

And on this point, if you are about to go ride another ride with RS and arent planning to use it, you have to know to decline the extra RS, or else you won’t be able to get the next one. So if mom and child ride, Dad and child ride, and then they go to the next ride and Dad and child ride first, mom won’t be able to get a RS yet.

Well at least not until that (what appears to be) 90 minute window is up. Maybe they can go on the MDE and cancel it, who knows? But they shouldn't scan unless planning to use it, that's the point right.

Edit because I mistakenly misunderstood the premise of your post. Apologies.

That does seem odd - I get giving it to the older child as well so both parents get to ride with that older child vs one having to ride alone, but the first parent shouldn't get a rider swap as well (especially just off the first FP for it)

Do the RS all have to be used together? So if mom and oldest child ride first and get the RS as described and then Dad and older child ride using the RS while mom watches the younger child, does that "use up" that families RS and thus the mom's goes away as well? Otherwise it seems like now there is more flexibility as you are giving out individual RS vs 1 pieces of paper that indicated up to 3 people could use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter