Rider Switch changing (Started June 16th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figment just became a 2 hour standby wait! Ha.

It will all change for the better once Guardians of the Galaxy and Ratatouille open.

Though that isn't until 2020 for Rat and 2021 for Guardians, I assume they will totatlly reconfigure the tiering once they open

So I read on a Facebook group that a party of 4, they only scanned in 3 of their FP's, and still got the RS!!!! So now mom has a FP and a Swap! So if they get off within her first hour window, she could go get another swap!!!! What did this solve?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

People were arguing with me like crazy that all do not need the FP. I tried to argue that it is day 1 and perhaps all changes were not made immediately. THey were all insistent that FP is not needed for all in the party. They turned off commenting for the post. I sure hope this is just a day 1 glitch to get used to it and the real changes happen next week, otherwise, I am gonna split my party in TSL. Why not, if they are allowing it. So STUPID!

That does seem odd - I get giving it to the older child as well so both parents get to ride with that older child vs one having to ride alone, but the first parent shouldn't get a rider swap as well (especially just off the first FP for it)

Do the RS all have to be used together? So if mom and oldest child ride first and get the RS as described and then Dad and older child ride using the RS while mom watches the younger child, does that "use up" that families RS and thus the mom's goes away as well? Otherwise it seems like now there is more flexibility as you are giving out individual RS vs 1 pieces of paper that indicated up to 3 people could use it

No. It is linked per ticket like a FP. Each person has their own.

So I read on a Facebook group that a party of 4, they only scanned in 3 of their FP's, and still got the RS!!!! So now mom has a FP and a Swap! So if they get off within her first hour window, she could go get another swap!!!! What did this solve?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

People were arguing with me like crazy that all do not need the FP. I tried to argue that it is day 1 and perhaps all changes were not made immediately. THey were all insistent that FP is not needed for all in the party. They turned off commenting for the post. I sure hope this is just a day 1 glitch to get used to it and the real changes happen next week, otherwise, I am gonna split my party in TSL. Why not, if they are allowing it. So STUPID!

I can’t wait to put this through the paces this weekend and next week and see first hand what is really going on.

And yes that is stupid!

No. It is linked per ticket like a FP. Each person has their own.

ok, so then clearly Disney wasn't worried about people getting multiple rides via one FP by using RS as this new program makes that easier, not harder. I assume they must have data that shows this wasn't a big issue as far as increasing lines, etc.

Seems their concern was the openness for return time and being paper form, both of which enabled the selling on eBay

If they are allowing it they must not feel it was an issue - one thing Disney has is a ton of data and I assume the data showed this wasn't something a ton of people were doing - at least not enough to impact lines

The issue/concern must have been around the return window and being in paper form (thus enabling selling on eBay)

ok, so then clearly Disney wasn't worried about people getting multiple rides via one FP by using RS as this new program makes that easier, not harder. I assume they must have data that shows this wasn't a big issue as far as increasing lines, etc.

Seems their concern was the openness for return time and being paper form, both of which enabled the selling on eBay

Somehow I think this was lack of training. Not on purpose. At least I hope.

Somehow I think this was lack of training. Not on purpose. At least I hope.

yes, definitely the assumption to my points are that it was being implemented as Disney wants, not that the specific CM was acting outside of what Disney wants (which is certainly possible as even with the current system there would be inconsistent CM behavior)

I mean, time issues aside, I would have to schedule our rides at least 1 hour apart, but they are allowing for this loophole to still be a thing. I hope that before my booking window, this is sorted out, because I would hate to schedule to T1 and then have it change just after, and we are screwed. Or I could just be a nice normal person and do it the right way, that's considering I am even able to get FP for those rides o_O

See I have a problem with this. Why are they scanning all 3 people if one has to be watching the child. I get that you are entitled to 3 - to come back. Not to take a bonus ride. So in this case the CM just gave you and Child one ride, Dad and child one ride, and then you another ride while Dad waits again with the child. This makes no sense to me.

Sorry, we also have my mother with us. We did not have 3 separate rides, when DD abd DH went for the swap, they said one other one of us was allowed to ride with. So I decided to go because I had never ridden before today and my mother has an AP so she’s already been on before.

That does seem odd - I get giving it to the older child as well so both parents get to ride with that older child vs one having to ride alone, but the first parent shouldn't get a rider swap as well (especially just off the first FP for it)

Do the RS all have to be used together? So if mom and oldest child ride first and get the RS as described and then Dad and older child ride using the RS while mom watches the younger child, does that "use up" that families RS and thus the mom's goes away as well? Otherwise it seems like now there is more flexibility as you are giving out individual RS vs 1 pieces of paper that indicated up to 3 people could use it

Yeah, sorry I wasn’t specific while in the queue. My mother is with us to stay with the littles, they just let
Me tag along on DH and DDs swap because we are allowed 3 guests per swap ticket. They scanned us all and then we were all allowed to return at the 10:57 time slot. Which ended up being about 5 minutes after we got off the first ride, so it worked out basically perfectly.

Yeah, sorry I wasn’t specific while in the queue. My mother is with us to stay with the littles, they just let
Me tag along on DH and DDs swap because we are allowed 3 guests per swap ticket. They scanned us all and then we were all allowed to return at the 10:57 time slot. Which ended up being about 5 minutes after we got off the first ride, so it worked out basically perfectly.

ah, ok, so since your mother watched the littles both trips, it could be seen that you used "her" rider swap ticket

I mean, time issues aside, I would have to schedule our rides at least 1 hour apart, but they are allowing for this loophole to still be a thing. I hope that before my booking window, this is sorted out, because I would hate to schedule to T1 and then have it change just after, and we are screwed. Or I could just be a nice normal person and do it the right way, that's considering I am even able to get FP for those rides o_O

I've always just booked us all on one ride (at least partly because knowing my luck I would be the one that the CM checks that we all have FP for the ride) and if they let us each get a riderswap ticket then we will use them and each get multiple rides on the same attraction, not multiple different ones

Just wanted to report our FOP experience this morning. They started the digital RS today and we had a FP for two of us and needed a RS for the adult staying with the littles. They never asked him for a FP, they scanned us and then asked who was going back. We told her just him and she said we were entitled to 3 guests. So we scanned our ODD and myself as well. They then said we had a return window of 10:57-11:57. It was 10:20 at the time. So I assume that is an hour plus the time it will take to wait and ride. So the rule about needed a FP for everyone doesn’t seem to be in effect, but there is an hour time window for return. Just wanted to share our experience this morning!

Wait, so they gave the parent riding and parent waiting a RS? So then the parent riding could ride twice on the one FP?

Edit, I see this was cleared up already.

Last edited:

That is a problem with digital that I hadn't ever thought of before. The Host saying "Well you've got three, let me give them to someone." I doubt that will be widespread, but I could see it happening. Never had a host tell me to get other people when I was solo with a paper pass.

Updated info. We just did Kali and they did not use the digital system. Not sure if it’s just a few rides to try it out before it’s fully functional on the 19th or what, but Kali used the lanyards.

So, what you are saying is you did not actually even need a rider switch at all. You show them your mother and the little one, and then all of the rest of you just wrote twice? They should not be allowing that either. Or am I still confused?

Sorry, we also have my mother with us. We did not have 3 separate rides, when DD abd DH went for the swap, they said one other one of us was allowed to ride with. So I decided to go because I had never ridden before today and my mother has an AP so she’s already been on before.
Why did you need RS if your mother was with you and not riding? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but this doesn't make sense to me.

So, what you are saying is you did not actually even need a rider switch at all. You show them your mother and the little one, and then all of the rest of you just wrote twice? They should not be allowing that either. Or am I still confused?

You're not confused, you're just waaaaay too hung up on this for some reason.
Disney does lots of things to be attractive to families with small children.
Rider Swap is one of them. Relax.

- mom who loved using Rider swap with my two kids when they were little, and isn't the least bit worried about the miniscule percentage of people who may get an extra ride out of the system, while also dealing with toddlers in WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter