• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you must have scanned into Disneyland Park to get a BG. You can physically be in DCA or DTD or wherever as long as you have scanned into Disneyland prior to that.

Thank you. So given how fast they book, if you scan into DL, turn around and leave immediately and say head over to DCA, once the clock hits 9 say, if that is the official time Disneyland Park opens that day, you can join a BG?

Thank you. So given how fast they book, if you scan into DL, turn around and leave immediately and say head over to DCA, once the clock hits 9 say, if that is the official time Disneyland Park opens that day, you can join a BG?
Yes, once you scan into DL you could leave and get a BG from anywhere. Including DCA.

WOW this is a super long thread and I apologize for not digging through it to find my answer but I am hoping it's a quick question.

My question is - you have to go through the Disneyland gates with your ticket before you are able to join a boarding group once they are released at official park opening time for the day? You cannot be in DCA and do this?

Thanks!
No need to dig, see the first three posts for the information you seek.

It’s too bad the title of the thread doesn’t have an all-caps request to read the first three posts...

Oh, wait... 😆

I did read the first three posts but it didn't specifically say if you scan your ticket only into DCA you are out of luck so that is why I wanted to make double sure. Sorry to have bother anyone with my question.

I did read the first three posts but it didn't specifically say if you scan your ticket only into DCA you are out of luck so that is why I wanted to make double sure. Sorry to have bother anyone with my question.
It’s not a big deal, but it does say it in the first post after the OP. People answered you - I would have answered you, too, if you haven’t already gotten responses! We’re pretty much all just here to be helpful. But I was having a little fun with @ironband74 since this comes up a lot. 😊

I'm so sorry you panicked about this, just in case anyone else is stressing about this I really want to reassure everyone it really doesn't seem to be that big of an issue! When I went I had to deselect my group and then select myself and husband and I got confused by our extra After Dark tickets which also show up, the first time I also stopped bothering because I saw my husband got in before me already but then a few seconds later I realized he still hadn't hit the next button to get the final confirmation so while I was in a panic trying to get him to finish I went back through mine and got us BG 47 (first group was 12).

That's good to know. I hadn't prepared for that scenario, and I'd seen a few YouTube videos where it seemed like deselecting folks held them up, so I panicked and booked it to City Hall. (We needed to pick up a birthday button for my friend, anyway.) However, I did get BG 26 and you got BG 47, so I think it's slightly better to not have to deal with deselecting party members. :love2: Honestly, it's ridiculous that functionality isn't in the app.

Just seeing if I'm understanding correctly as there have been numerous posts about removing tickets and AP's from your account prior to attempting to get in the virtual line but that is really not positively necessary and is just what some people have done or recommended in order to speed up their ability to select the guests that are in the park? The app will select everyone you're linked to that has tickets even if they have not entered the park and you then have to deselect and select the ones who are in?

Just seeing if I'm understanding correctly as there have been numerous posts about removing tickets and AP's from your account prior to attempting to get in the virtual line but that is really not positively necessary and is just what some people have done or recommended in order to speed up their ability to select the guests that are in the park? The app will select everyone you're linked to that has tickets even if they have not entered the park and you then have to deselect and select the ones who are in?
Yes, the app will automatically select every linked ticket. If they are not in the park you will have to deselect them before you confirm. If you don't deselect them you will get a message that not all members are in the park. This will delay you and may cause you to not get a BG. Best practice is to remove any linked tickets for people who will will not be with you. But you can do it as mentioned.

Yes, the app automatically "selects all" people who are on the account. If they're not there, they will still be selected. I just realized that this is different from the WDW version, where the only person who is selected by default is the account holder, so if you're used to WDW, that's probably why there's a confusion.

On the spoiler thread I mentioned after riding this myself (and after others had reassured me of pretty much the same thing when I was worried about it before riding) I can't imagine anyone having any problems at all with motion sickness on this ride... my husband can't ride Luigi's or Star Tours for example and he had no issues at all with this ride. Elevators, car rides, and even swing dancing make me feel queasy, once I got violently ill staring at a jewelry display in a window (turned out the case was hanging on chains from the ceiling and the whole thing was just ever so slightly swaying, heh) and I had no issues either... the very few parts that might be the slightest bit concerning are so minimal and short I don't think there's any reason not to experience it at least once, the worry over it is worse than the actual experience of it, if that makes sense.

Thank you for the nicely detailed and spoiler free description. That helps immensely. I'm copying your description to send to my wife, since she never takes me at my word.

I suspect that after yesterday's performance they may have identified an issue that will keep things from firing on all cylinders today and issued fewer backups as a result. We'll see how it goes, but we aren't loading yet...
Looking over at DHS it seems that they are running at 10 or above BG/hr (when it's running) the past few days. Perhaps they have chased out whatever gremlin or Jawa that had camped out there for a few days.

So question I don’t think I’ve seen addressed here. Is the no bag line usually open on Harbor in the morning? Trying to decide whether or not to take my rollator with me tomorrow morning. And if it’s been open then I might leave it at the hotel

So question I don’t think I’ve seen addressed here. Is the no bag line usually open on Harbor in the morning? Trying to decide whether or not to take my rollator with me tomorrow morning. And if it’s been open then I might leave it at the hotel

It was open this morning we utilized it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter