• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the app will automatically select every linked ticket. If they are not in the park you will have to deselect them before you confirm. If you don't deselect them you will get a message that not all members are in the park. This will delay you and may cause you to not get a BG. Best practice is to remove any linked tickets for people who will will not be with you. But you can do it as mentioned.
Yes, the app automatically "selects all" people who are on the account. If they're not there, they will still be selected. I just realized that this is different from the WDW version, where the only person who is selected by default is the account holder, so if you're used to WDW, that's probably why there's a confusion.

Thank you both! Yes, at WDW only the account holder is pre-selected so it is different even though the rest of the processes seems to be the same. We only have 3 people linked and 1 that probably won't ride so deselecting them will not be too difficult.

That's good to know. I hadn't prepared for that scenario, and I'd seen a few YouTube videos where it seemed like deselecting folks held them up, so I panicked and booked it to City Hall. (We needed to pick up a birthday button for my friend, anyway.) However, I did get BG 26 and you got BG 47, so I think it's slightly better to not have to deal with deselecting party members. :love2: Honestly, it's ridiculous that functionality isn't in the app.

Keep in mind though that you got 26 on a day that BGs lasted 7 minutes! BGs were gone in less than a minute the day I got 47 and also BGs started 2 later that day, it was also an MM day, compared to a nonMM day for you... also I had paused for several seconds or more going over it with my husband that I thought had already gotten us a BG and I had 3 each tickets (because of After Dark tickets, not sure why the one from the day before showed up which also threw me for a bit) with our names for me to try to choose and differentiate from in addition to other members not at the park, even with that I definitely would've gotten in much sooner if I had just ignored what my husband was doing. Even the next day which was an insanely busy day I had misclicked a few times and I still got 32 which was only 6 BGs later, I'm pretty sure if I had better phone skills and hadn't been wearing gloves I could've gotten an earlier one that day as well, but even if not there were more than 6 BGs that got called just while I was standing in line getting back into DL that day so seriously I consider this a major nonissue that people are unnecessarily stressing about.

Thank you both! Yes, at WDW only the account holder is pre-selected so it is different even though the rest of the processes seems to be the same. We only have 3 people linked and 1 that probably won't ride so deselecting them will not be too difficult.

You're entirely welcome!

I will only comment that time spent deselecting = a higher BG. If you have the opportunity to remove the linke ticket ahead of time, I would recommend that you remove it.

MTFBW!

If the person who won't be riding will be scanned into the park with everyone else but just doesn't want to ride, I don't know if I'd bother trying to remove or deselect them. Then they could decide up until the last minute if they want to ride (or one person could go twice...)

Thank you for the nicely detailed and spoiler free description. That helps immensely. I'm copying your description to send to my wife, since she never takes me at my word.

I'd love to hear back if she goes and what she thought! I was so worried when I was reading the spoiler thread but the fact that I couldn't find anyone that actually was bothered on the ride and my husband *really* wanted to go I went ahead and tried it... I was actually already feeling off the first day I went for some reason and honestly I think I just zigzagging through the line was more challenging than the ride itself for me, so hopefully it won't be an issue for your wife either, but let us know!

You're entirely welcome!

I will only comment that time spent deselecting = a higher BG. If you have the opportunity to remove the linke ticket ahead of time, I would recommend that you remove it.

MTFBW!

Definitely only having the people that will be there in your party linked in the app is the best plan, but I'm still thinking the difference is mostly insignificant... I had one other person one day and two others the next day that didn't have to worry about deselecting and I was still the one that got our BG and even though I was nervous for some reason about the whole process I was still taking my time actually because I just assumed with having to select my group I would be slower and the others would get the BGs first so I wasn't really rushing as much as if I'd truly thought I'd be the "winner" of my group, heh (I will definitely be prepared to stay focused and zip through next time if I go knowing this now)... where I do think it's more of an issue is in trying to get fastpasses with maxpass, it was a real pain having to unselect several tickets every single time I wanted to look for FPs, I really wish there was a way to just pick your group once for the day and have it set to that until/unless you change it, soooo agree with madmadhatter that it's ridiculous that isn't an option in the app!

Definitely only having the people that will be there in your party linked in the app is the best plan, but I'm still thinking the difference is mostly insignificant... I had one other person one day and two others the next day that didn't have to worry about deselecting and I was still the one that got our BG and even though I was nervous for some reason about the whole process I was still taking my time actually because I just assumed with having to select my group I would be slower and the others would get the BGs first so I wasn't really rushing as much as if I'd truly thought I'd be the "winner" of my group, heh (I will definitely be prepared to stay focused and zip through next time if I go knowing this now)... where I do think it's more of an issue is in trying to get fastpasses with maxpass, it was a real pain having to unselect several tickets every single time I wanted to look for FPs, I really wish there was a way to just pick your group once for the day and have it set to that until/unless you change it, soooo agree with madmadhatter that it's ridiculous that isn't an option in the app!
That's a good data point.

I really do think people are getting overly stressed out about the BG process. I tend to be a tad "detail oriented" (my wife would say "pain in the ***") so I'm all about the "best" way. But in the end, it's probably not a significant delta.

I think I'm going to experience this ride a couple more times, and then be done with it for awhile. Too much effort involved to be there at park opening each time, and then even if you get a lower group #, there's the somewhat significant chance that it will suddenly break down for hours at a time while you're in the queue or even on the ride itself. Thankfully that hasn't happened to me yet.

So we went today. We didn’t mess with any of the ROTR shenanigans. However, we went to dinner before driving home, and I started talking to this family. I asked if they had ridden ROTR, because they were all wearing Star Wars clothing. They said no, because they didn’t arrive until 8am and the boarding groups were gone. So I explained to them that tomorrow they really want to be at security by 7, I explained how I was able to score a BG on a prior day using a second phone with a clock with seconds, and went through the exact steps. They looked at me like I was nuts. They were completely clueless, and that’s what I think is my biggest issue with this ride- it’s a difficult system for people who don’t obsessively research to figure out. Hopefully they pay attention to what i said, and have better luck tomorrow!

EDITED TO ADD: Not my intention to start a debate about the BG system or to criticize people who don’t research. Just hoping the info i used here and implemented successfully can help these people!

...and it's not just about people who can't/ won't research... it's about people that are not good with technology.

I appreciate this post because it shows a real-world example of how ridiculous this all is!!!!

Going solo today and just hoping my app will not glitch out like it did Tuesday.

How'd it go going solo? I may do that on day 1 of our trip and let my kids sleep in. I feel like getting one boarding group trial out of my system will induce confidence in our collective day 2 trial...lol

So since the ride went down, boarding groups moved all the way up to 46-50, then went back down to 36-50, which I took as a hopeful sign that maybe it was back up and they were clearing the backlog, and now it's back to 44-50. Is this still just clearing the backlog and the ride is back up, or is it still down and the boarding groups are behaving oddly?

What exactly is ridiculous about this? Thousands of people ride ROTR everyday and are thrilled. What am I missing?

Really? You're asking how this process could possibly be considered ridiculous when people are freaking out, stressed out, and anxious with the prospect? Obsessed with researching a single ride distribution system and a 6000 post forum topic? And then the possibility to ride a ride at Disneyland comes and goes within 60 seconds? OF COURSE it's ridiculous! Some people following this thread reported that this whole process wrecked their day!

Whether or not people choose to participate in the ridiculousness all depends on their tolerance for all that comes with it, and their level of desire to ride the ride.

I plan to participate in the ridiculousness. Wouldn't be the first time... won't be the last, I'm sure!

Last edited:
So since the ride went down, boarding groups moved all the way up to 46-50, then went back down to 36-50, which I took as a hopeful sign that maybe it was back up and they were clearing the backlog, and now it's back to 44-50. Is this still just clearing the backlog and the ride is back up, or is it still down and the boarding groups are behaving oddly?
No it’s still down at 2:30pm. Chewy just came over & tried to fix it. We’re just hanging out here now because we’re too tired to walk anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter