Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some people mentioned Indiana Jones and Test Track / RSR, but I did not experience the openings of them at all.
Were they like this one? It breaks down every day...
LOL, IJA and TT still break down every day!!! RSR I think has achieved more stability but that took probably a year.

:wizard:

Some people mentioned Indiana Jones......

Was evacuated off of Indy on Sunday and it's not the first time I've been evacuated off of it. It still breaks down a lot. And that also was when RoTR finally opened and our group was called. After the time spend getting taken off Indy and then waiting for them to decide what to do and then for replacement FP's we decided we needed to get checked out of the hotel before going to RoTR. And then that broke down after we'd been in line 2 minutes. 2.5 hours in line we had to give up on that. I'm now 50% on riding it. In FL they didn't even make it to our regular boarding group on 1 of the 2 days we had gone thru the process. And at DL we were flying out late in the afternoon but their very late start and then the long breakdown left us out again.

Just curious. I tried today to "play at home" for the first time. We are going in September so don't have our tickets yet. The last time we were there was Sept 2017 with APs so we had our "group", but now it doesn't have anything in there.
So when I tried this morning after the "Find out more" it wanted me to set up a group, which I can't do without tickets. So, do you all have tickets loaded and that is how you can see more info past that screen when you are "playing at home"?

We'll be there Thursday afternoon and most of the day Friday. Very curious to see what kind of crowds the parade and F&W bring in.

There will be a lot of people who want to be there for the debut of the new parade on Friday. Then expect the 2nd parade to be even more crowded as people come after work.

So when I tried this morning after the "Find out more" it wanted me to set up a group, which I can't do without tickets. So, do you all have tickets loaded and that is how you can see more info past that screen when you are "playing at home"?
Did it say "Join Boarding Group"? That's talking about a ROTR "boarding group" - that's the term for the virtual queue. I don't think you need tickets at all to play at home - at park open, the "Join Boarding Group" button will turn red, the next screen would ask you about your tickets.

It looks way less crowded than last Tuesday based on the app, for what that's worth...

We'll be there Thursday afternoon and most of the day Friday. Very curious to see what kind of crowds the parade and F&W bring in.

We will be there tomorrow with my mother, who hasn’t been in a long time. Hoping it’s not too busy. I even convinced her to ride ROTR if we can luck out with a boarding group (she doesn’t generally do bigger rides). Parade doesn’t start tomorrow right?

(THIS IS FOR WDW)
So, my experience with RotR yesterday: we were running a bit late, but managed to get both members of the group through the turnstiles at 7:58 (opening at 8). We got boarding group 55 and were called around 1 PM. We got off the ride at 1:40.

We were seeing backup groups still available around the 8:15/8:30 range (not sure exactly when; we rope-dropped Tower of Terror and were kind of distracted by that), but not much longer than that. The ride had two downtimes that we saw, one before we rode and one after. The first preshow (the one before you get grouped) wasn't working when we rode, so we got routed through backstage and directly into the grouping area, but everything else seemed to be fine.

There were also a whole lot of cast members guarding the fire exits. I'm not sure if that was just how it's done or a sign of technical difficulties.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, my experience with RotR yesterday: we were running a bit late, but managed to get both members of the group through the turnstiles at 7:58 (opening at 8). We got boarding group 55 and were called around 1 PM. We got off the ride at 1:40.

We were seeing backup groups still available around the 8:15/8:30 range (not sure exactly when; we rope-dropped Tower of Terror and were kind of distracted by that), but not much longer than that. The ride had two downtimes that we saw, one before we rode and one after. The first preshow (the one before you get grouped) wasn't working when we rode, so we got routed through backstage and directly into the grouping area, but everything else seemed to be fine.

There were also a whole lot of cast members guarding the fire exits. I'm not sure if that was just how it's done or a sign of technical difficulties.
Were you at DL or WDW?

Some people mentioned Indiana Jones and Test Track / RSR, but I did not experience the openings of them at all.

Test Track was much, much worse of a guest experience than this.

The Boarding Group process going on for RotR at least makes me willing to give it a chance. Sure I might ride or might not depending on how it’s performing that day... but with Test Track, people would stand in line outside the queue for hours and hours in hopes it would open. Often it would open, and then close back down 20 minutes later for the day. It went on like that for months and months. (Trust me you never want to be stuck baking in the sun in 100 degree Florida weather on asphalt waiting to be evacuated either.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter