Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they got less groups through today than yesterday.
Not exactly. They started with group 14 yesterday, today they started with group number 5. They got 103 through yesterday and something like 107 through today, depending exactly where it fell apart tonight. It says calling 113-117 now, but it majorly stalled out at 111.

Are they giving any compensation? Maybe a FP for the future? That is what they have done at WDW.
Wow, I hope they give you some compensation for the emotional rollercoaster they put your family through 😦

They did say that everyone with a boarding group would get a multi-experience FP but so far nothing showed up in the app. We probably could’ve gotten something if we fought it but we’re local APs and so a FP wouldn’t really do much for us and we’ll come back soon to try RotR again.

My sincere sympathies to those who aren’t local and couldn’t ride, like @disneylover102 :/

I dunno, with a ROTR FP, you don’t have to be there at 7 AM to get a boarding group next time, and you can ride at your leisure.

Ahhh I see, a RotR specific FP. Gotcha. Yeah that would be fantastic actually.... ugh... we’re on the tram at this point and I just can’t bring myself to lug ourselves back in. Thanks for the good idea though, I’ll definitely keep it in mind for any future mishaps

We just got a notification indicating that “Unfortunately we are not able to honor...” on my phone, but it was just a banner notification and it didn’t pop up when I clicked it. Instead it just showed us Multiple Experience fastpasses good until 11:59 tonight
That should be good for ROTR too. If not, GS CM should be able to adjust it without issue

We just got a notification indicating that “Unfortunately we are not able to honor...” on my phone, but it was just a banner notification and it didn’t pop up when I clicked it. Instead it just showed us Multiple Experience fastpasses good until 11:59 tonight
That should be good for ROTR too. If not, GS CM should be able to adjust it without issue

I wouldn’t be so sure. I had a similar FP issued for WDW after I had to leave for a tour and came back to the ride down for the night. I was told at the time it would be good to ride tomorrow. Ended up at GR because it wasn’t. Got it reinstated but it was a whirlwind 24 hrs with not fun conversations and plans i thought I was good to go with. Only to be told it was the wrong info.

OP make sure you talk to someone about this. Do not assume anything when it comes to FPs and this ride.

Okay, good to know, thanks! It’s not going to work out for us to talk to someone and figure it out tonight, but I really do appreciate the sentiment!

I wouldn’t be so sure. I had a similar FP issued for WDW after I had to leave for a tour and came back to the ride down for the night. I was told at the time it would be good to ride tomorrow. Ended up at GR because it wasn’t. Got it reinstated but it was a whirlwind 24 hrs with not fun conversations and plans i thought I was good to go with. Only to be told it was the wrong info.

OP make sure you talk to someone about this. Do not assume anything when it comes to FPs and this ride.
Point well taken. If it were any other day, or if we were on vacation as opposed to locals, we would definitely talk to someone. As it is, I’ve got a flight out of the country tomorrow at 6am and we’re just wiped at this point. I hope anyone else in my boat who’s reading this can take advantage of the advice!

I’m so sorry.... that is
just so frustrating.

Thank you! It is what it is, but it’s really nice to have this support/sympathy! Makes it feel a little less bad :)

Ok after that rollercoaster of will they or won’t they... I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited for a stranger on an internet message board... and then so sorry that you got cleared out of the line.

I’m amazed by your patience—thank you for being such a good sport.

Thanks for following along 😂 sorry we couldn’t give you a happier ending to this tale!

LOL yeah it’s hard for me to imagine too many AP holders wanting to stay from open to 9:30 PM.
The ones that live within a 30 minute drive or so won't, they will go home and come back. Those that live further away are the ones that really won't out up with it long term.

It's sad that when they have a problem with the ride at around 8:00, they just decide to shut it down for the night, when the park is going to be open until midnight.

The extended downtime overnight is when they can patch bugs and re-test. Do you want the ride to improve reliability or stagnate at this throughput before the project managers move on to other pastures?

Well, day 2 in the books. Tales of triumph and tales of woe - adventure, intrigue, joy, and sorrow. I have never been so invested in the highs and lows of strangers at a theme park. My wife definitely thinks I'm crazy...

So, logistical question. The boarding pass grab approaches. What's working? What's not working?

1. Open the app at park open, go to (Find Out More), if Join Boarding Group is red, tap it, if not, go back and then (Find Out More) until it is.
2. Open the app before park open, go to (Find Out More), at park open click (My Status). If Join a Boarding Group is not greyed out click it, if it is, go back and click (My Status) again.
3. Open the app before park open, go to (Find Out More, at park open click (My Status). If Join a Boarding Group is not greyed out, click it, if it is, drag down and release to refresh until it is not greyed out.
4. ???

This morning, playing along from home, option 1 didn't work very well and I didn't see a lit button until well into the backup BGs.

Tomorrow I'm thinking I'll try option 3 which I saw on twitter somewhere today.

It is looking more and more like a President's Weekend trip may be in the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter