Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No harm in trying today, but I’m very curious to see how different it might be Tuesday thru Thursday as the park opens at 9am those days. I wonder if the later open time might mean fewer APs who might be able to come in to try before work with an 8am opening but not 9am?
I’m curious about this too. We have four small kids in tow so I’m hoping we don’t have to try every single day this week 😂😩

Gor to M&F around 6:45 today and flyiver was open but not booths on the left side. Walked through Downtown and got to gate area at 7:25 about 1/2 way back...took 5 minutes to get through DL gate. CMs doing great job directing lines and keeping us in single files.

I agree. We rode FOP in Aug 2017, 3 months after opening. We woke up at 4 am PST for 4 mornings in a row trying to get FP+’s, and finally scored one evening slot for the last day of our trip. But since part of our family was only there for the first few days of the trip, we ended up at AK at 6:15 am for an 8 am opening with a group that included a 4 yo and my FIL with hip problems. We were nearly trampled as everyone speed-walked to the ride, where we waited another hour in line. The ride was incredible, the experience of getting to the ride was not, and we technically still ended up waiting in line for almost 3 hrs.

I agree that this process isn’t fully fair or fun, but it’s still better than that chaos. I mean, we did Indy, Space Mtn, and a yummy breakfast at Carnation Cafe while waiting for our BG to be called today, which was sooooo much more pleasant than 3 hrs in line.

That said, we didn’t take the kids this morning and have decided to go back tomorrow, and I’m worried about dragging them out of bed so early and maybe not getting a BG. We’ll see....

When my extended family of 16 visited WDW over the summer we stayed off site so we were only able to get FP up to 30 days prior to park visit. There's no way a FP was going to be available for FOP. Of our group of 16 only 3 of us were willing to ride it - me, my DH & my DHs 74yo uncle. We waited almost 3 hrs also. After about the 1.5 hr mark I could tell that the wait was getting to DUIL, he was just thankful we were indoors at that point. The FOP queue is amazing however there is no where to sit along the way! It is an incredible ride & glad I did it but I don't know if I'd wait 3+ hrs again if I had no FP. There's simply sooo much to see and do at AK that we had missed out on.

I agree with @GoldeneyezCA that I'd rather not wait in 3+ or line because I'd rather do other things instead of wait and you easily can. If I don't get a BG or a back up group at least I know where I stand and can get on with the rest of my day.

ROTR is such a unique experience that will demand a unique way to tour it for weeks if not months to come. I believe this virtual queue system is a good way to get to ride the attraction. As long as you come prepared, there's a good chance you will get to ride it. I'm sure DL parks admin will re evaluate the queue system in the coming weeks, as initial interest has died down. Or maybe it won't die down and BGs become 'This is the Way'.

2 questions: Can you still get a MP right away after you get a boarding pass for ROTR? And I know they say you have to be in Disneyland park, but has anyone tried to get a boarding pass from DCA? It works for MP, so I'm just curious if someone has tried it. I think it's worth a try.

2 questions: Can you still get a MP right away after you get a boarding pass for ROTR? And I know they say you have to be in Disneyland park, but has anyone tried to get a boarding pass from DCA? It works for MP, so I'm just curious if someone has tried it. I think it's worth a try.
MP opens when they open the gates so you can get your first one before the ROTR boarding group drops. They work separately of each other.

We played at home with two phones. I’m curious is that the best way to go? Two phones? Or do we only attempt with one phone? It was slower for me to get the red button today with two phones then yesterday with one phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter