Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Looks like backups are all gone now. The old verbiage is back showing that 82 and above are backup groups. Still not boarding, though.

Good luck to those of you in the park!

I would be interested to see if someone can report back what Sunday lines look like at like 7:45.
Our group has said they won't want to lose 15-20 minutes of their early entry waiting for DL to open to get a BG. And nobody wants to get in line early enough to be in the front since we do dapper day and a lot of the group will be spending a lot of time getting ready.
But they have said maybe leave like 15 minutes early if the lines look reasonable.
Normally we start our early entry at GOTG and work over to the other side. Might do it the other way and end towards GOTG so one of us can peak out in the esplanade to see if we might be able to make it in on time.
I think I'm thinking through my keyboard right now. 🤔

I would be interested to see if someone can report back what Sunday lines look like at like 7:45.
Our group has said they won't want to lose 15-20 minutes of their early entry waiting for DL to open to get a BG. And nobody wants to get in line early enough to be in the front since we do dapper day and a lot of the group will be spending a lot of time getting ready.
But they have said maybe leave like 15 minutes early if the lines look reasonable.
Normally we start our early entry at GOTG and work over to the other side. Might do it the other way and end towards GOTG so one of us can peak out in the esplanade to see if we might be able to make it in on time.
I think I'm thinking through my keyboard right now. 🤔

I'm curious about this as well. We're going for Dapper Day and splashing out to stay just Sunday night at the GCH. So we're going to be hauling ourselves out of bed super early to get ready for Dapper Day, take a Lyft from our cheap hotel over to the GCH, do the pre-check in to get room cards for early entry and then try to maximize our early entry time Sunday (and Monday as well). We've already ridden ROTR twice and will be back in July and September, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if we skipped it on our April trip, but if we can stay in DCA until around 7:45 and pop over to DL, that would be the best of all worlds.

Last edited:
I'm curious about this as well. We're going for Dapper Day and splashing out to stay just Sunday night at the GCH. So we're going to be hauling ourselves out of bed super early to get ready for Dapper Day, take a Lyft from our cheap hotel over to the GCH, do the pre-check in to get room cards for early entry and then try to maximize our early entry time Sunday (and Monday as well). We've already ridden ROTR twice and will be back in July and September, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if we skipped it on our April trip, but if we can stay in DCA until around 7:45 and pop over to DL, that would be the best of all world.
We are doing early entry/magic morning Sat and Sun. Hopefully we get one on Sat so it's not super disappointing if we don't get one. My dad really wants to ride it, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for him. Nobody in our group wants to give up the morning of early entry to stand in line. Plus compound that with getting in line extra early, on top of dapper day dress up. Not happening.
The only potential way we will do it is if the lines aren't long 10-15 min before opening. Which it sounds like a slim chance, but that's what we're going to try.

51 groups called in the first 3 hours. A decent start to the day, despite a little bit of limping from 10:30 to 11:30. Hopefully they can keep it up!

Wow...mixed feelings about this.

Hopefully they will keep working on ROTR to continue improvements on the system and when the park reopens we'll see much better operations.

It would be really unfortunate if they just mothballed it during the closure and we came back to find it deteriorating.

At least today operations are looking really good. Will be interesting to see if WDW follows suit.

Also will be interesting to see if they load ROTR later than the customary 8:30pm tomorrow since they don't need to be open in the morning. I could see them running all the groups tomorrow and then doing a standby line until closing, though they probably won't.

Edit: Just realized they will be open tomorrow and closing Sat.

Last edited:
Yeah - Saturday - run it long and strong - why not? I doubt they will have anyone there doing much once closed down. Maybe the maintenence crew - and head start on IJA refurb

In other news, they are going HAM with a 42 group spread and hitting 124 groups with almost 3.5 hours to go today.

I guess they figure they are going to shut it down, might as well run it hard.

We were BG 13 today, got it in line for Smuggler's run *we had Extra Magic Hour. We walked right on, with no one else in site, rode the whole ride all by ourselves! Was sooo bizarre, after having BG 21 and 47 the other days we rode.

Quite a day. Second best day on record. Fifth day in a row of 130 or more bgs called. We've had two such streaks so far, and this is our third. The others also ended at 5 days, so if tomorrow goes to 130 or higher it will be a first.

Tomorrow will be our last day for a while. I'm curious to see if the crowds are super light due to health concerns or super heavy since it is the last day before everything shuts down for at least 2.5 weeks, possibly longer. I'm also curious to see if they run it like the stole it tomorrow and try to go out with a top performance by staying open late or if they play it safe and go with business as usual.

The thought did cross my mind that maybe I should take tomorrow off work, find a red-eye flight, and give it a go tomorrow, but I'm just a little too sensible for that...but only barely.

Hope everyone is doing alright. May the Force be with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter