Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Two weeks out from our trip now... and we pretty much have two mornings to try... one is a MM (7am) and other is a regular 8 am opening. On MM I assume we can go (coming from Harbor) around 6 am? Is that early enough? Ride some things, but when it starts to get close to 8 am hang out and get ready? On a non MM day, I was planning on being a at security by 6:30 am...is that early enough? When we have had a 7 am MM in the past, we usually tried to be in line by 6:30.... security etc was never that bad that early. But I know things have changed thanks to this ride,
All advice here is predicated on someone who wants to ride ROTR and plans to arrive before Official Park Opening (OPO)

o MM/EMH day and you have MM/EMH

Standard advice applies - 30-45 minutes early is fine​
By all means, go on some rides. Soon before OPO, find a place with good phone performance, away from crowds, and wait until OPO. You can also do this while in line for something, just do not go inside any structures (ride or queue structures) during OPO to be safe.​

o MM/EMH day and you do not have MM/EMH

Arrive earlier than normal - at least 60 minutes early to security, 75 minutes early is safer​

o No MM/EMH

Arrive at least 60 minutes early to security, 75 minutes early is safer​

:wizard:

if it is a magic morning and i have access but i don't care about using that time can't i get there jus ta bit before official park opening and still get in the park appropriately to get a boarding group? or do they stop the magic morning admission lines at a certain time?

if it is a magic morning and i have access but i don't care about using that time can't i get there jus ta bit before official park opening and still get in the park appropriately to get a boarding group? or do they stop the magic morning admission lines at a certain time?
They do keep one or a few gates open for MM/EMH up until official park opening. So in principal you can show up shortly before official park opening. However, security lines are uncertain. The question is how important ROTR is to you and how close you want to cut it? If it was me, and I absolutely wanted to be through the DL gate by official opening, I would not show up to the security line any later than 45 minutes before official opening. If I was staying at the GCH I would cut that down to 30 minutes.

:wizard:

They actually let everyone into Main Street up to an hour before park opening (the exact amount of time varies daily and can be as little as 10 minutes before) and then only let those with magic morning continue on. But if you aren't there about an hour before park opening, there is a very strong chance you wouldn't be through the gates before park opening.

And by there, I mean at the gates, not going through security and such.

If you don’t wish to use your MM then make sure you DO NOT enter or scan in via the gates that say “Extra Magic Hour/Magic Morning”.

I'm not sure if it has changed, but during the week after Christmas it was 6am, though I was able to talk one of the guards into letting me by at 5:50am to go get my starbucks order to take back to my Harbor Blvd. hotel one morning.
This makes sense, and I agree that 6 am seems to be the most logical guess. However, if anyone out there can get an "official" answer, please post!

... Hondo had to phone in at Smugglers Run. He was covered in a big burlap cloth.
Hmm... Hondo in sackcloth? With or without ashes? I've got a bad feeling about this...

I had planned on trying for a 3rd time this morning but we are opting for a rest day instead. We fly out Saturday and with all the news about the Covid-19 virus I'm not sure what we should do till then. Looks they are into backups already.

I've been in business meetings all week. Looks like backups are still available, and backup verbiage is back on the FOM screen. It will be interesting to see if they publish the cutoff today...

My friends are there with their kids. I offered to try to help them get a boarding group from home because they had no clue how to do it. Got them group 70... it went so fast! I had to uncheck some people (myself, my son and my mom) and I lost valuable time. But glad I got them a somewhat decent BG!

Last edited:
I've been in business meetings all week. Looks like backups are still available, and backup verbiage is back on the FOM screen. It will be interesting to see if they publish the cutoff today...
I was wondering about the FOM screen -- thanks for reporting on that!

My friends are their with their kids. I offered to try to help them get a boarding group from home because they had no clue how to do it. Got them group 70... it went so fast! I had to uncheck some people (myself, my son and my mom) and I lost valuable time. But glad I got them a somewhat decent BG!
Good for you! Bet your friends were glad to have your help!

So my status just says boarding group 52. No other info. Doesn’t say whAt group is boarding now.... I have a few hours right?

So my status just says boarding group 52. No other info. Doesn’t say whAt group is boarding now.... I have a few hours right?
They haven’t started to board yet. If things are running smoothly this morning I would guess you will he called to ride between 11-12.

I've seen in a few FAQS that if you leave DL and then immediately enter DCA within 15 minutes it can cause problems. Can anyone confirm/deny this? If so is there a proper method to do this?
We have EMH from the Grand on 2 of the days we are there, and were hoping to enter DL and then go to DCA for a bit before park opening and then try to get the boarding passes while at DCA. Is this feasible?
9/8 We had EMH and were one of the first to enter DL around 7:20 (I was first in my line and had been in line since 6:08) and immediately exited to the left (Exit gates weren't even open yet, we opened them ourselves!~ha) and "swam upstream" against the lines in the Esplanade to DCA, and entered DCA 2 minutes later. I purposely watched the screen (being aware of this issue because of the DISboards!) when we scanned in at DCA and it did not "alert" or give any error messages or anything at all. So.....I think they may have solved this issue. We then got ROTR BG from near Lamplight Lounge (Pixar Pier did not have good reception for us-ATT phones). EMH at DCA is better than it's ever been!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter