river country/ little bear loop

yurijd01

Earning My Ears
September can't come quick enough!
Heading to Fort Wildernes arriving Sept 1. Can't Wait.

We have reservations for the little bear loop (1400 loop). Any input??? Its seems to be central to pool and Campfire....

What's going on with river country? Seems everytime I go to Disney its closed. No one in reservations knows any details:confused:

APPRECIATE ANY HELP. :wave:

I was told by Central Reservations that River Country was closed without any current plans to reopen it.

Nothing's for certain, but while we were there a few weeks ago, River Country was empty, and there was no staff or anyone around it.

Sad.

Cluemeister

I think most of us have resigned ourselves to the fact that RC is closed for good. Once in a while there are some rumors about opening it as the themed pool area for FW, but unless the economy really turns around big time, I don't see that happening.

:(

We camped in Little Bear Loop in Oct. Nice place, they had just renovated the loop before we arrived. A little far for walking to the marina in my opinion. But still nice.

The only thing I didn't like about the camping spot is the electric hook-ups are placed at the very back of the space. I had to back to the very edge of the concrete and use all the electric cord in order to plug in. All I can say is whoever designed this doesn't have a camper with the hook-ups that are located in the center.

spring b/c River Country wasn't coming up on their website. The reply I rec'd stated that River Country wasn't being opened in 2002 as Disney felt TL and BB would be enough for the # of visitors expected.

I was SO disappointed ... it would be wonderful if River Country was opened as a "pool" for FW.

I really don't know what is going on with River Country either. If you are around the campgrounds during the day you will see workers around the area. Several times I saw them on the top of the rocks looking at something and pointing at different things. I was able to see them from the boat from Wilderness lodge.

As far as River Country goes.....who knows. When we were there last summer, we asked. We got different answers from each person.

We LOVED the 1400 loop. I'm sorry but I can't remember the exact site # but we were in Big Bear (the outer loop) right across from the comfort station. We have a 30ft (no slide out) and had to back all the way to the end of the pad. We also had to get a longer coax cable for the TV because the box is all the way in the back of the site.

We opted to walk to the marina most times because the buses didn't come very often. Our youngest daugther uses a wheel chair and a few times the bus that did come didn't have a working lift.

The walk to the trading post and bike barn are very short. The only thing about the loop that bugged me was that on a few occasions, we had people from Little Bear walk through our site on the way to the comfort station. We've always taught our girls that it's not polite to walk through someone else's site. I just thought it was rude to have others walk past as we were sitting out side.

Besides that, it was great. When we go back (sure wish it was this year!) we'll request that loop again.

Have a great trip!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter