Rock On!! Because Devil Horns Do Belong at Disney. An Oct TR Updated 9/5 x10!

One thing I forgot to mention in the last update is that we had a small glitch with the Magic Bands checking in. When Jim scanned his band at the desk it gave the CM a strange error message. She called a manager over who said she had never seen that error before. I was thinking we were in for a long check in process but she just had Jim rescan the band and it worked fine the second time.

Once we were checked in, I was anxious to see our room so we headed towards the door. I got side tracked though by a pin board at the DVC desk. I had to stop and check it out and there was a Pluto pin right in the middle of the board! I pulled out my lanyard and went to trade a Storm Trooper Vinylmation pin but Jim was like “Whoa, that’s a cool pin, don’t trade it, I want it”. OK, I didn’t think he would have any interest in the pins but I traded a different one for the Pluto one and we headed out.

I made Jim pull my carry on suitcase so I could take pictures on the way to the room.

It took us a bit to find our room and when we did I discovered we were on the first floor and I could see the bus stop from the door! We were in room:

It took us a minute to figure out how to use the Magic Bands to get into the room. You actually have to hold the band to the pad for a few seconds till the door clicks. We also both had to scan our bands before we entered. Not sure why but it was what the CM at the check in desk told us to do. As soon as we were in I of course took lots of pictures of the room.

We had paid a little extra for the King Sized bed because there were no regular rooms left when I called to add free dining. We still saved money over what we would have paid at POP Century where I originally had us booked without free dining.

When I got to the bathroom area I realized that Disney had given me a handicapped room for the second trip in a row.

I didn’t get a picture of the toilet but it was in the room with the shower. I was slightly disappointed that we didn’t have a tub and was kind of worried about how wet the floor was going to get in front of the toilet. It did stay pretty wet and we had to remember to either go in there with bare feet or shoes on. If you had just socks on, they would get soaked. I also remembered having two sinks when I stayed at CSR on a previous trip. Not sure if all the King Sized rooms only have one sink or if it was because the room was a handicapped one.

Jim on the other hand, loved the big shower. He immediately exclaimed “I think I could go to the toilet and take a shower at the same time! I may try that this week.” Well what he said was actually much cruder than that but this is a family board so I’m paraphrasing. He works in transportation and has a bit of a mouth on him because of that. I of course was horrified and told him he better not, he would make a mess of the room!

I don’t think I mentioned it in my PTR but I had decided at the last minute to place a Garden Grocer order. It was supposed to be pretty hot that week and I wanted to have bottles of water to carry into the parks so we didn’t have to buy them. I also ordered breakfast foods, snacks and sodas for both of us. I wanted to have the order delivered before we headed out but when I called, I was put directly on hold. After holding about 15 minutes I said forget it, we’ll call when we get back to the room. So we freshened up a bit and headed out to the bus stop around 4 pm.

So how close were we to the bus stop? This picture was taken from right outside our door. You can see the bus stop right behind the trees in the center of the picture.

So other than the weird bathroom and only one sink, I was quite pleased by our location and room.

We got to the bus stop and waited, and waited, and waited…………..

Up Next: I Thought You Knew What You Were Doing at WDW?

OMGoodness...Jim's commentary is going to make this TR a RIOT!!! :lmao: It is just so funny to me that you are so shy and relatively conservative in nature, and Jim is QUITE the opposite!

Ariang -> :drive: :hippie: :coffee:
Jim -> :moped: :smooth: :hyper:

LOVE IT!!!!

Too bad you had a glitch with the bands, I hope they worked from there on out!

Nice pics of CSR and the room, weird bathroom lol! Haven’t seen that stuff before! I used GG for the first time this trip too, loved it lol, it was nice to have some stuff in the room for cheaper than Disney costs!

Hahaha... I totally agree with Oopsi - I think that Jim's comentary is going to make this trip hilarous!!! I cannot wait to read more.

I loved all of the pictures you took... I've never paid much attention to CSR - but I do love the interior colors and overall look of the rooms, they are beautiful.

A few things I noted when looking...

FQ has a table where CSR has a desk? If the girls and I were to ever stay there - that would be an issue.

It also appears you had a mirror on your connecting door - now that's kind of nice... At FQ, the full body mirror is on the bathroom door.

Speaking of mirrors - we would never survive with a single sink and single mirror - there is just no way...

A typical morning of the girls and I getting ready - each of us needs a mirror... Two above the sink and then the full body mirror - we are all crammed in that area getting ready - but it seems to work well. Honestly - a single mirror like that would be a deal breaker for us and I would have to request a different room. :(

However - I LOVE the rest of your room... And Jim's comment is TOTALLY something Josh would say! Hahahaha... So, I am curious - did he manage it? LOL

D~

:rotfl: Jim's remark just reading it I am reliving hearing it for the first time...someone who wasn't married to Fred may be shocked but this is definitely a Fred remark too ! and I have to say once again I find myself staring at Jim's picture again he so reminds me of my SIL...this is going to be another great report :thumbsup2

OMGoodness...Jim's commentary is going to make this TR a RIOT!!! :lmao: It is just so funny to me that you are so shy and relatively conservative in nature, and Jim is QUITE the opposite!

Ariang -> :drive: :hippie: :coffee:
Jim -> :moped: :smooth: :hyper:

LOVE IT!!!!

Yep, he definitely does not have much of a filter. There was a few times I had to hush him on the trip cause his remarks were not quite appropriate for a family environment. We are a bit of the opposites attract thing!

Too bad you had a glitch with the bands, I hope they worked from there on out!

Nice pics of CSR and the room, weird bathroom lol! Haven’t seen that stuff before! I used GG for the first time this trip too, loved it lol, it was nice to have some stuff in the room for cheaper than Disney costs!

We did have a few more small problems with the Bands but nothing that caused too much grief.

It was a weird bathroom! We loved GG too, I would definitely use them again on a future trip.

Hahaha... I totally agree with Oopsi - I think that Jim's comentary is going to make this trip hilarous!!! I cannot wait to read more.

There's lots more to come for sure!

I loved all of the pictures you took... I've never paid much attention to CSR - but I do love the interior colors and overall look of the rooms, they are beautiful.

It is a beautiful resort although for a couple of reasons, I still like CBR better. I'll talk about that stuff later in the TR.

A few things I noted when looking...

FQ has a table where CSR has a desk? If the girls and I were to ever stay there - that would be an issue.

Yep, it has a desk probably because it's a conference center resort so they expect people will want to work. We actually never used the desk to sit, Jim brought his work computer but he sat on the bed to work. We mostly just piled all of our stuff on the desk. It did have extra outlets which was nice to charge all of our devices.

It also appears you had a mirror on your connecting door - now that's kind of nice... At FQ, the full body mirror is on the bathroom door.

Speaking of mirrors - we would never survive with a single sink and single mirror - there is just no way...

There was actually three mirrors in the room. One above the sink, one on the door and one above the desk. I'm pretty sure I remember the room we stayed in in 2011 having two sinks. It also had a solid wood door that slide shut between the room and the sink area which was nice for me as I was out later than the other two ladies I was with. We were in the Ranchos buildings so I'm not sure if it was the different building, the King Sized Room or the handicapped room as to why we only had one sink.

A typical morning of the girls and I getting ready - each of us needs a mirror... Two above the sink and then the full body mirror - we are all crammed in that area getting ready - but it seems to work well. Honestly - a single mirror like that would be a deal breaker for us and I would have to request a different room. :(

However - I LOVE the rest of your room... And Jim's comment is TOTALLY something Josh would say! Hahahaha... So, I am curious - did he manage it? LOL

D~

No, he never did manage it but mostly because I wouldn't let him try!!

:rotfl: Jim's remark just reading it I am reliving hearing it for the first time...someone who wasn't married to Fred may be shocked but this is definitely a Fred remark too ! and I have to say once again I find myself staring at Jim's picture again he so reminds me of my SIL...this is going to be another great report :thumbsup2

Maybe it's just a guy thing with the bathroom? :confused3 Sounds like some other husbands on here that would have said the same thing. :rotfl:

::yes:: be willing to bet it is a " guy thing " hey they love a challenge and bragging rights so I think this would fit the bill ;)

Beautiful pictures of CSR Ariana nice job I would have loved being close to the bus stop but the no tub, I don't know if I would like that at all You said it ended up with DP being less than POP ? WOW !

Can I join in??:wave2:

We had a handicap room at an Allstar resort, I loved the extra room and the king size bed but the bathroom was weird. Not sure how safe it was supposed to be for those with mobility issues when the floor was always wet :confused3

I'm waiting to see the horns in every picture with your husband, looks like something mine would do, but he loves Disney. At least he better we live right next to it!

Looking forward to more!

I'm here!!! I'm here!!!! I'm so excited! We are staying at CSR next week so I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Glad you had a good trip :)

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about your trip. Love your pics of CSR, would love to stay there one day!

Great room location.

Hilarious husband!

You've never had two sinks at Coronado; they've always been only one sink with huge counter space (a big reason people complain about the Coronado; personally, I'd rather have the one sink and extra counter space).

LOVE your room! love the commentary even the comments! I work in Transportation so i get that part!!! :lmao: :cool1:

so how close was that toilet???? :rotfl2: :lmao:

It didn't shes in la la land next year she ment

:rotfl: welcome to la la land, where we all live in fuzzy brained state of mind and hop over to " wishful thinking " ;) I thought that was what she meant but considering you 2 are so full of surprises thought I may be wrong...trip will be here before you know it though a year goes by fast

Have a great weekend everyone

I'm here! I'm glad you let me know you'd started this! Looks like it'll be a fun one!

Sent from my iPod touch using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter