Rock On!! Because Devil Horns Do Belong at Disney. An Oct TR Updated 9/5 x10!

I have printed out your cheat sheets for Buzz...I will be prepared for my next go round with my husband (which may not be untl the summer because he may want to ride with one of the girls).

I love your Photopass pictures...they turned out great.

And your new point and shoot got some great shots in the Mermaid ride. :thumbsup2

:lmao: I DID THE SAME THING!!!!! i am keeping it ALL to myself. buuuuhaha ha ha ha ha ha haq

i will beat the whole family.. One ride for the pictures 2 ride to whip them ALL! :rotfl2:

Great photopass pictures! Thanks for sharing your Buzz tips, I might need to check some of them out!

I think that your camera did a good job in the dark, it is always nice when those things work out :)

YOU two are ADORABLE!!! holy cow how do you have great hair in Disney?!?!
TELL ME! I need to know this secret!!!!!

thank you for the links... I am going to rock this...

I love the pictures from Little mermaid! great shots!!!

so this just means my favorite!! LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!

Thanks! Well we had just got there so my hair still looked good. Believe me it didn't look that good for long!

Yep, lots of pictures coming up. Combined with the photo pass ones I think I have somewhere around 1500 from this trip!

New camera I think you did pretty well The night we went to MNSSHP as you remember was the first time I was using my new camera too It was frustrating at first but figured it out in time for the headless horseman I am VERY pleased with those shots You two look great on Main St and boy you 2 really are competitive such intense faces on Buzz :rotfl:

Anxious to read more :wave2:

I do remember. For the most part, I was very pleased with my camera. Only problem I had was zooming at night to catch shows like Fantasmic. I'm sure there is a way to improve those pictures, I just haven't figured out the camera yet.

I have printed out your cheat sheets for Buzz...I will be prepared for my next go round with my husband (which may not be untl the summer because he may want to ride with one of the girls).

I love your Photopass pictures...they turned out great.

And your new point and shoot got some great shots in the Mermaid ride. :thumbsup2

Those hints really did help me a lot this time! Jim of course accused me of cheating but I was just really well prepared! :rotfl:

Thanks, we got some great PP pictures this trip!

:lmao: it's funny that there are cheat sheets for the buzz ride. people really get into it I suppose!!! I will probably study them to beat my husband....he always beats me at things like that so thanks for the tip

You two are so cute!! Glad you had fun, even if the bus service was lacking

I guess I'm one that really gets into that ride. I kind of became obsessed with getting a good score when I was there in March. I rode the thing 6 times that trip!

Great updates - the two of you are so adorable together! I love it!!!!

And I think your new camera did very well on that dark ride - I think that dark rides are the hardest to capture because there is so much movement - both you and the characters... Great job!

D~

Thanks, I love a lot of the PP pictures we got this trip! Dark rides are hard to photograph but I did really well this trip so more coming up!

:lmao: I DID THE SAME THING!!!!! i am keeping it ALL to myself. buuuuhaha ha ha ha ha ha haq

i will beat the whole family.. One ride for the pictures 2 ride to whip them ALL! :rotfl2:

I'm sure you will be able to whip them! The web sites helped me a lot.

Great photopass pictures! Thanks for sharing your Buzz tips, I might need to check some of them out!

I think that your camera did a good job in the dark, it is always nice when those things work out :)

Thanks! I was very pleased with my new camera for the most part.

The ride though Ariel’s story took less time than I anticipated so we had about 45 minutes till we had to check in for our dinner ADR. Jim really wanted to meet Ariel but the wait time was 50 minutes so that wouldn’t work.

We stopped in the Beauty and the Beast store (then name of it is escaping me right now). Jim kept telling me all week that he wanted to go in more stores and “shop”. Well his version of shopping is a thirty second speed walk around the store then back out again. Needless to say we weren’t in there very long.

Gaston was out but when we checked his line was closed. Strike two on the meet and greets.

Instead we headed back out to Old Fantasyland and got in line for one attraction I knew would not take long, Mickey’s Philharmagic.

This show is my favorite of all the 4D shows and Jim also enjoyed it because Donald is his favorite of the fab 5. We walked through the dump shop and then headed back to New Fantasyland to check in for dinner. I was still playing with my new camera and loving how the pictures were coming out. This one is one of my favorite from the whole trip.

We checked in at Be Our Guest at 6:45 for our 6:55 reservation and were directed to wait on the bridge. Jim liked all of the Gargoyles.

I continued to play with the camera.

From where we were standing, we could see the tunnel exit for the new coaster. I can’t wait till this opens!

We waited quite a while and saw the lights turned on in the Beast’s Castle.

Finally at 7:15 pm, our buzzer went off. The CM that lead us in (can’t remember his name) asked Jim why we were visiting the Castle and he said it was for our anniversary. The CM asked where our buttons were and I said I had forgotten to stop when we got there and pick some up. Guess I was too flustered by the rush to get to Buzz and then not being able to find the photo store.

We were seated in pretty much the same area where I sat in March. Here’s a picture from our table.

I just love how they fold the napkins into a rose.

Our waiter came and took our drink orders and then the CM that brought us to our table came back with anniversary pins! Jim actually looks like he is having fun in this picture.

He then took a photo of me. I should have handed the camera to him more often as I have very few pictures of me besides the Photo Pass ones.

Our drinks came. Jim got the lemonade that has some kind of foam on the top. He doesn’t like his lemonade to be too sweet so he had them mix it half lemonade and half water.

I got a glass of wine, a Riesling I think.

Another picture of the dining room, I got half of Jim’s face in this one. That became a recurring theme throughout the week as he constantly walked in front of me as I was trying to take pictures.

Our dinner came pretty quickly, I had the new chicken dish that replaced the Cornish hen I had in March.

Jim had the Sautee Shrimp and Scallops

I was disappointed when they took the Cornish hen off the menu but I really enjoyed the new chicken dish. Of course being picky I didn’t like the olives or asparagus but Jim ate those for me. The chicken was delicious. My only complaint and it was a small one was that the potatoes were a tiny bit too salty. I rarely put salt on my food so they were probably just right for most people.

Jim ate every bite of his dish and then looked at me and said in a very serious tone “Do you think anyone would notice if I picked up my plate and licked it clean? I’ve got some of the sauce left.” I must have looked totally shocked and horrified because he started laughing immediately. He wasn’t serious, just wanted to get a reaction out of me. Now if we had been at home it might have been a different story.

They have changed the dessert menu around a little bit. They do still have the three varieties of cupcakes but there is only a chocolate cream puff now. And they also added a “Master” brownie which is basically a brownie with the grey stuff on top. Jim decided to get that for his dessert.

I of course got the chocolate cupcake I had literally been dreaming about since March.

Was it as good as I remembered? Oh yea it was! I also tried a piece of brownie because I had debated getting that. While I liked it, I was glad I stuck with the cupcake. Jim said the brownie was really good and he ate all of it. He rarely eats dessert at home so eating every bite is a big complement from him.

When we finished eating, we had the second problem with our Magic Bands. Jim scanned his band on the reader the waiter brought to our table. Then he asked Jim to enter the pin number. Hmmmm, I didn’t remember setting up a pin number but thought maybe I had done it online. We tried two that we used frequently and they didn’t work. Guess I didn’t set one up and the CM who checked us in at CSR was supposed to have us do it then. Luckily the Dining Plan took even though we didn’t have a pin and we were able to charge our meal against it. Our waiter told us to make sure and stop back at the front desk at CSR and have them add a pin.

When he brought our receipt back, he also brought us some of the Grey Stuff for our anniversary!

I’m not really sure if I can tell you what it tasted like because Jim was so anxious to see the Beast that he literally dragged me from the table as I was trying to eat the Grey Stuff. He already had some on his brownie and didn’t want any more.

We had a very quick meet with the Beast, nothing really memorial happened.

On the way out, we stopped to use the restroom. Because of Jim’s issues, I was almost always out of the bathroom and waiting on him so I passed the time by taking some pictures in the lobby area.

When he was finally done, it was getting close to 8:30 and I did not want to miss Wishes at 9 so we headed out.

Up Next: What the Heck is a Photo Bomb?

Great update! The Philharmagic photo is one of the best I've seen - and trust me when I say that I've seen a lot - that is my favorite "pose" of Donald's, and the pose that my very first UPB was based off of. :thumbsup2

And... OOOOH.... the Mine Ride exit photo... I. Can. Not. Wait!!!! Soooo excited!!!! I just KNOW this will be a favorite for me!

Your dinner looked wonderful - especially the desserts. There are places in WDW that I would like to lick my plate clean too.. LOL. I would have dared him. ;)

Looking forward to your Wishes update!

D~

Ahhh you know the secret targets at Buzz! I've read those hints but can never remember them all! I just know to go for the moving and lit up ones. :laughing: It is a lot of fun to be a galactic hero.

Your camera did really well for no flash in a darker ride that is moving! I just point and shoot and shoot and shoot and hope that of the many that I take there are some decent ones. Loved the near kiss on the Ariel ride.

Isn't that ballroom at BoG simply gorgeous? New desserts there - ohhh that brownie looked really delicious. That was nice of the CM to ask about a celebration and follow up with the pins. :)

Yay for phillharmagic! Love that thing, and love the picture you got of Donald! How awesome!!

Yay BOG!! Great pictures, and THAT FREAKING MINE COASTER AAAAHHHHHH SO EXCITED!!!!

Food pics look great, as does the ballroom, DUH, glad the chicken was good, it looks tasty. I’m intrigued by both dishes, but the lamb won out for me in Sept!!

They took the passionfruit pastry off? Weird, Anne had that, but we had the new grey stuff dessert on the menu…Ah!! You still got grey stuff for celebrations! Yay!! Shelly was awesome enough to bring me out some when I ordered a cupcake instead, I didn’t know they were still doing it! Great pics of the castle, glad you guys had fun and a yummy dinner!! Be Our Guest will always be a favorite place of mine, that’s for sure!

Love your pictures of Under The Sea, I really love that ride!

Yay for dinner at BOG! I'm glad you both enjoyed your meals! It made me laugh that Jim was the one dragging you to meet the Beast!! :lmao:

Great update! It's awesome that Jim wants to meet the characters!! For someone who doesn't like Disney he seems to having a great time so far! I hope that continued!

Excellent pictures! I love your Donald one!

I truly believe Jim loves Disney and is just giving you a hard time ;) from what you post to the look on his face at times to having spent a little time with him I am convinced ...I mean go back and look at his face while meeting Master Beast he's got that " little kid" look on him :rotfl2:

Question never had dinner at BOG yet only lunches Did anyone ask where you wanted to sit, or just lead you ? I do NOT want the West Wing when Fred & I have Christmas night dinner there, way too dark not pleasant at all especially for pictures :sad2: Where exactly do you meet the Master Beast?

Wander what will be on the menu for our dinner It seems like they keep changing things :confused3

Great update! The Philharmagic photo is one of the best I've seen - and trust me when I say that I've seen a lot - that is my favorite "pose" of Donald's, and the pose that my very first UPB was based off of. :thumbsup2

And... OOOOH.... the Mine Ride exit photo... I. Can. Not. Wait!!!! Soooo excited!!!! I just KNOW this will be a favorite for me!

Your dinner looked wonderful - especially the desserts. There are places in WDW that I would like to lick my plate clean too.. LOL. I would have dared him. ;)

Looking forward to your Wishes update!

D~

Thanks, I love how that picture turned out and I can definitely see how your bag was based on it!

I can't wait for that mine ride either! I'm so hoping it will be open when we go in February.

I'm afraid if I had dared him he really would have done it! But you are right about some places being worthy of plate licking.

Ahhh you know the secret targets at Buzz! I've read those hints but can never remember them all! I just know to go for the moving and lit up ones. :laughing: It is a lot of fun to be a galactic hero.

Your camera did really well for no flash in a darker ride that is moving! I just point and shoot and shoot and shoot and hope that of the many that I take there are some decent ones. Loved the near kiss on the Ariel ride.

Isn't that ballroom at BoG simply gorgeous? New desserts there - ohhh that brownie looked really delicious. That was nice of the CM to ask about a celebration and follow up with the pins. :)

I read and re-read those hints over and over till I had them memorized! I was determined to beat Jim as we are a tiny bit competative.

I was very pleased with my new camera. I debated getting a DSLR for a long time but I just don't have the patience to learn one. The point and shoot I did get is working out wonderfully.

Yes, BOG is beautiful, I'm eating there again in February. The brownie was very good but I still prefer the cupcake! It was so nice of that CM to bring the buttons back for us.

Yay for phillharmagic! Love that thing, and love the picture you got of Donald! How awesome!!

Yay BOG!! Great pictures, and THAT FREAKING MINE COASTER AAAAHHHHHH SO EXCITED!!!!

Food pics look great, as does the ballroom, DUH, glad the chicken was good, it looks tasty. I’m intrigued by both dishes, but the lamb won out for me in Sept!!

They took the passionfruit pastry off? Weird, Anne had that, but we had the new grey stuff dessert on the menu…Ah!! You still got grey stuff for celebrations! Yay!! Shelly was awesome enough to bring me out some when I ordered a cupcake instead, I didn’t know they were still doing it! Great pics of the castle, glad you guys had fun and a yummy dinner!! Be Our Guest will always be a favorite place of mine, that’s for sure!

I love Philharmagic too and was very pleased with the Donald shot.

Cannot wait for the mine coaster! It better be open in February. Of course if it isn't it just gives me an excuse to plan another trip!

Did you guys eat there for lunch or dinner? I've read a lot about the new Grey Stuff cupcake but it is only being served at lunch. Maybe that's the same for the passionfruit pastry?

Love your pictures of Under The Sea, I really love that ride!

Yay for dinner at BOG! I'm glad you both enjoyed your meals! It made me laugh that Jim was the one dragging you to meet the Beast!! :lmao:

I love the new Little Mermaid Ride too and was glad I got some good pictures this time.

Jim dragged me to see a lot of characters during the week, wait till you see them all! He loves meeting characters.

Great update! It's awesome that Jim wants to meet the characters!! For someone who doesn't like Disney he seems to having a great time so far! I hope that continued!

Excellent pictures! I love your Donald one!

I'm pretty sure he did have a good time. As for characters, that's his thing for some reason. When we went to Universal last year, he met a bunch of characters there too.

I truly believe Jim loves Disney and is just giving you a hard time ;) from what you post to the look on his face at times to having spent a little time with him I am convinced ...I mean go back and look at his face while meeting Master Beast he's got that " little kid" look on him :rotfl2:

Question never had dinner at BOG yet only lunches Did anyone ask where you wanted to sit, or just lead you ? I do NOT want the West Wing when Fred & I have Christmas night dinner there, way too dark not pleasant at all especially for pictures :sad2: Where exactly do you meet the Master Beast?

Wander what will be on the menu for our dinner It seems like they keep changing things :confused3

He does love meeting the characters. As for falling in love with Disney, not so much.

No, they did not ask us where we wanted to sit but you might be able to make a request when you check in. The Beast meets in the room where you order for lunch. Once you meet him, you exit the restaurant through the room with all the knights.

They do keep changing things don't they? Hopefully they are going to finally settle on a menu soon.

I actually find it refreshing when restaurants change their menu's.. Yes you may lose a favorite but then you have the opportunity to find a new one!

Hello:wave2: neighbor. Glad to see another Diser from Georgia. Loving your trip report and pictures. Looking forward to more.
Me:earsgirl:DH:earsboy:DD:tink:and our DDogs: Dixie:dog:Belle:dog:Figment:dog2:

we plan on BoG for lunch when we go in oct. Hope we get to taste the grey stuff I have heard so much about it.

Be Our Guest looks like it was a success! I'm glad they've started making more use of the 'grey stuff' instead of just giving the little dollops for special occasions!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I actually find it refreshing when restaurants change their menu's.. Yes you may lose a favorite but then you have the opportunity to find a new one!

Well, I'm so picky that at most restaurnants there's only one or two dishes that I like. It's kind of a bummer for me when they take of the one dish I'll eat.

Hello:wave2: neighbor. Glad to see another Diser from Georgia. Loving your trip report and pictures. Looking forward to more.
Me:earsgirl:DH:earsboy:DD:tink:and our DDogs: Dixie:dog:Belle:dog:Figment:dog2:

:wave: Hi! Always nice to see a fellow Georgian on here. Well, I actually grew up in PA, been in GA now for 11 years. Glad you joined in.

we plan on BoG for lunch when we go in oct. Hope we get to taste the grey stuff I have heard so much about it.

Right now on the lunch menu they have a cupcake called "The Master Cupcake". It's a chocolate cupcake topped with the Grey Stuff and I think there is also Grey stuff in the middle. Hopefully they will still have that cupcake when you go!

Be Our Guest looks like it was a success! I'm glad they've started making more use of the 'grey stuff' instead of just giving the little dollops for special occasions!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It was a success although not our favorite meal of the trip. You'll have to stay tuned to see what that was.

I bet they have had so many requests for the Grey Stuff that they just decided to incorporate it into a couple of the desserts.

AGAIN. you have awesome hair! your so lucky!!
BOG looks fantastic. I cannot wait to try it in Sept. Including that glass of wine.
MINE TRAIN! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO going to be EPIC!
The Donald picture is GREAT! I can try to help you with your camera questions?

When we headed out of BOG, I planned on taking the shortcut around the castle past Merida’s meet and greet but that way was already closed off for Wishes. We ended up having to go all the way around through Tomorrowland to get to the Hub. It actually worked out fine because the MSEP was just finishing up as we got there.

We headed out into the Hub and I chose a spot towards the Tomorrowland side because that was where we were heading after Wishes.

I played some more with my camera as we waited. All of these shots are pretty much the same but I’m posting them all because you can never have too many pictures of the castle, can you?

Here’s one that’s a different color!

It was about that time that I noticed two girls in front of my trying to take a selfie. Well, my face was 100% in their picture so I made a goofy face and photo bombed them. Jim gave me a strange look and asked what I was doing so I told him I was photo bombing. He looked at me and asked “What the heck is a photo bomb?” I couldn’t believe he had never heard of photo bombing so I had to explain. He thought it was hilarious that I would do something like that but I figure that there is enough editing software out there that I could be removed. Plus it always give me a good laugh when someone photo bombs in one of my pictures intentional or not.

Unfortunately the two girls taking the picture had stepped right in front of us and were very tall and wearing the glow with the show ears. I’ve got ears in most of my photos from the Castle Show (why can I never remember the name of that show?). But at least I was able to get some pretty good shots with my new camera, ears and all!

Time for some Villains!

I didn’t take a lot of pictures during that new Villains section because I was too busy watching. It was pretty short, maybe a minute but I really liked it.

After the show was over, I had us scoot a little closer to Tomorrowland to get out of the way of the ears and also a family that apparently did not like to use deodorant. It was really hot and stuffy standing there even though it was dark. Here’s the new angle.

We settled in there to wait for Wishes to start.

Up Next: When You Wish Upon a Star

I love that Jim wanted to lick his plate clean! :rotfl: That must have been some GOOD food! :lmao: OMGoodness...you photobombed someone's picture!!!! :cool1: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: That is awesome. I must do that some time!

I had tall people standing in front of me during the Castle Show too! I really wasn't able to concentrate on it the way I like to this time, too much going on around me...and if I can't SEE the entire thing, I get frustrated and tune it out. Yeah, I am a spoiled brat. :thumbsup2

AGAIN. you have awesome hair! your so lucky!!
BOG looks fantastic. I cannot wait to try it in Sept. Including that glass of wine.
MINE TRAIN! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO going to be EPIC!
The Donald picture is GREAT! I can try to help you with your camera questions?

Well, having naturally curly hair helps. Even when it's hot and humid it just tends to get curlier!

BOG is fantastic! It's such a strange experience having a glass of wine in MK.

That mine train is going to be awesome! Seeing that hill makes me think it's going to be a double dip. We have a coaster like that at an amusement park in PA. When you hit that second drop you fly up out of your seat a bit! Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!

I think I've mostly got the camera figured out. The only thing I'm still having trouble with is with zooming. For some reason when I zoom close onto something it goes blurry. Especially in the dark. I had a awful time with Fantasmic. The camera does have different focal lengths which I didn't discover till after we got home. I'm thinking that might have been my problem?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter