ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just I love this board?!? I thought waiting for ROFR the second time wouldn’t bother me since we are already members and have a trip book for October. We closed on our first in March. Our contract for PVB was submitted on Monday and I’m already obsessing! This board keeps me occupied. It also made me want to add on two months later! So thanks for all of the information everyone shares. It really makes the process easier!

Curious if anyone else is waiting on ROFR using Fidelity? We are on day 22 and I’m losing my mind lol. This is our first attempt at purchasing DVC and the more I read on this board the more I think the price was too good to be true with their company and that a buyback is inevitable ugh! I’m staying positive and I believe we will be welcomed home soon

Yes. People talk about downsizing when the kids grow up. DH and I plan to get a lot more points when we're no longer tied to the school calendar.

Looking forward to cheap, non-school holiday flights and leisurely, long winter stays (4 kids. A while to go yet!). And buying dvc points are cheaper and way less work than maintaining a holiday house.
I agree.

Curious if anyone else is waiting on ROFR using Fidelity? We are on day 22 and I’m losing my mind lol. This is our first attempt at purchasing DVC and the more I read on this board the more I think the price was too good to be true with their company and that a buyback is inevitable ugh! I’m staying positive and I believe we will be welcomed home soon
We are using Fidelity and got the good news it passed today. It was day 16 for us. Good luck! Hope it passes soon for you!

Yes! I am waiting for ROFR with Fidelity too! I am on day 22 as well... I’m certainly getting nervous as my first try was taken a month ago but with a different resale company and this being my second attempt was a pretty good price compared to what I’m currently seeing posted.

Yes! I am waiting for ROFR with Fidelity too! I am on day 22 as well... I’m certainly getting nervous as my first try was taken a month ago but with a different resale company and this being my second attempt was a pretty good price compared to what I’m currently seeing posted.
Thanks for the information! Now I feel like I have someone that understands my nervousness lol. Wishing you good luck!!! I’m confident that we both have a winner here!! How long was your wait on the first attempt?

My first attempt ended after 28 days of waiting! It was torture for sure..my friend at work would ask me daily if I heard anything seeing as she already is an owner (bought direct a few years ago) she never had to go through the wait. I hope yours goes through it’s so frustrating seeing some pass so quickly and others it’s forever .. or so it seems! Good Luck! I’ll be waiting to see your announcement:)

Congrats - hopefully they banked those points for you...never understand how people mismanage using their points like that

I agree if you don't think your going to use why don't people bank them verus losing them. Made the sale look good but if you can't find rooms in that short time frame it would be a waste.

My sellers were behind on either dues or mortgage or both - if that's the case, you can't use your points for a stay, and you also can't bank/borrow. Since there's so few 2018 points, my guess is that they borrowed 2018 points into 2017 for a stay, and then ran into financial trouble and couldn't use their points. And if they borrowed into 2017, they couldn't put them back. The good thing is I already have an account with the same UY and everything so hopefully that part will move quickly. But pretty much everything (especially estoppel!!!!) has to go perfectly in order for me to get points into my account in time to do anything with them.

At least the price I got assumed I would lose all 124 of those points, so if we actually get to use the points for anything, it'll be icing on the cake.

My sellers were behind on either dues or mortgage or both - if that's the case, you can't use your points for a stay, and you also can't bank/borrow. Since there's so few 2018 points, my guess is that they borrowed 2018 points into 2017 for a stay, and then ran into financial trouble and couldn't use their points. And if they borrowed into 2017, they couldn't put them back. The good thing is I already have an account with the same UY and everything so hopefully that part will move quickly. But pretty much everything (especially estoppel!!!!) has to go perfectly in order for me to get points into my account in time to do anything with them.

At least the price I got assumed I would lose all 124 of those points, so if we actually get to use the points for anything, it'll be icing on the cake.
I hope it works for you. Good luck.

We decided to try again. I'm back on page 67 trying to catch up on the discussion, but I wanted to go ahead and post this in the meantime.

icesk8abc---$105-$18436-160-AKV-Aug-0/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 6/6
Looks like a great contract. Sending pixie dust your way.

Looking forward to cheap, non-school holiday flights and leisurely, long winter stays (4 kids. A while to go yet!). And buying dvc points are cheaper and way less work than maintaining a holiday house.

We just started doing this now that our daughter is in college. We just went in Feb without her for the first time and she was like: whaaat, you're going without me. It was great, lol.

We want to do more of that and just have a slower pace and enjoy the resorts more with less emphasis on having to do every inch of every park. As much as we love the parks we always say we want to enjoy the resorts we're paying for, but with kids it doesn't always work out that way.

Just curious, do they send waived/taken notices on the weekend? I have seen posts before but I didn’t know if it was an actual notification or the agencies just catching up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter