• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people might be starting to wait it out. I know I am. Thinking about buying more but I'll wait and see if the economy tanks and I can get a better deal.
The market has definitely changed. I mean my goodness look at Riviera resale prices all of the sudden. Quite a few resorts have contracts - with available to use points! - at the lowest prices I’ve seen in 2 years.

Edited to add that I don’t think whether or not the economy tanks is relevant to DVC prices because they were so overheated to begin with. If the economy does tank, obviously prices will drop more, but the simple combination of people being able to use their disposable income for activities instead of durable goods and investments, the end of free money from the government, and inflation* will eat at DVC prices plenty.

*inflation lowers the price of luxury goods because it drops available disposable cash

Ah, okay. I searched for ADOM on here and you are the only person to ever use the term. :teeth:

I think you are right. My brother asked my advice the other day, and I said be very picky with what you are looking for and try to get a deal. he is looking at Poly, and I think there is some room for prices to go down on Poly. Plus I don't think any have been taken back this year.
We are just now starting to look seriously at DVC, and initially thinking of honing in on Poly, too. With Poly specifically I feel like the uncertainty re Poly 2’s association status could also be a factor. It isn’t a huge make or break for us (at least for the foreseeable future, given the ages of our kids, we would be ok in studios, although access to the new tower would def be a bonus). Am I missing something there? Do you think that uncertainty has been factored into most of the current list prices already? There’s a contract I was looking closely at bc it seems to match our needs well but now I’m wondering if it would be better to hold off and see if prices may come down across the board.

Unrelated, but this is my first post in the DVC section of the boards. Just wanted to say thanks for all the info everyone shares/shared—it’s been SO helpful in my endeavor to try and wrap my head around DVC and resale haha!

We are just now starting to look seriously at DVC, and initially thinking of honing in on Poly, too. With Poly specifically I feel like the uncertainty re Poly 2’s association status could also be a factor. It isn’t a huge make or break for us (at least for the foreseeable future, given the ages of our kids, we would be ok in studios, although access to the new tower would def be a bonus). Am I missing something there? Do you think that uncertainty has been factored into most of the current list prices already? There’s a contract I was looking closely at bc it seems to match our needs well but now I’m wondering if it would be better to hold off and see if prices may come down across the board.

Unrelated, but this is my first post in the DVC section of the boards. Just wanted to say thanks for all the info everyone shares/shared—it’s been SO helpful in my endeavor to try and wrap my head around DVC and resale haha!
I think it’s still too early to tell since the Poly2 was announced only a couple of months ago. What we‘re seeing with Poly resale is happening with other resorts. A lot more people are trying to sell than those looking to buy. If there is a perfect contract out there that fit your needs, now is definitely a great time to negotiate a good price. Welcome to the boards!

Which makes me think current economic uncertainty could be a factor in people not pulling the trigger.

I know we are brand new to this process, but the time having to wait for ROFR is bananas and also could be a slight impact. I waited a LONG time to make our first offer because I wasn't sure I could stomach the time needing to wait for Disney to rip your dreams out from under you (and this period of waiting is proving that this is incredibly hard for personalities like mine!). I know there are other contracts I'd love to jump on but until we hear yay or nay I don't know which way is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter