ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not stuck with anything. They're more than happy to run these when they have a glut.

November:

View attachment 668970

February:

View attachment 668973

1. They are. Over 40% of contracts at some resorts are getting bought back. That's a lot.

2. They don't need to set a hard floor. They don't need to buy every single $135 SSR that comes up, because the knowledge that a $135 SSR MIGHT get taken is enough to influence buyers and sellers. It's not a math problem, it's a psychology problem.
Which is all well and good when there’s demand. 24 months ago when there wasn’t they didn’t ROFR anything for 4 or 5 months. You can’t create more than a marginal amount of demand for a $30000 purchase by dropping the price 10%.

Which is all well and good when there’s demand. 24 months ago when there wasn’t they didn’t ROFR anything for 4 or 5 months. You can’t create more than a marginal amount of demand for a $30000 purchase by dropping the price 10%.
Yes, every 100 years when there's a global pandemic, demand for DVC goes to zero and ROFR policy becomes ineffective.

They're not stuck with anything. They're more than happy to run these when they have a glut.

November:

View attachment 668970

February:

View attachment 668973

1. They are. Over 40% of contracts at some resorts are getting bought back. That's a lot.

2. They don't need to set a hard floor. They don't need to buy every single $135 SSR that comes up, because the knowledge that a $135 SSR MIGHT get taken is enough to influence buyers and sellers. It's not a math problem, it's a psychology problem.

And to put the Cherry on the cake, they can use the points for guests who want cash stays.

Vegas and Disney have more in common than we think… the house and the mouse always win.

November:

View attachment 668970

February:

View attachment 668973

I agree , have you seen the prices some people are willing to sell SSR at now a days! Nobody is buying for fear of ROFR. Ive had an SSR for sale for a bit and crickets whereas the last SSR I sold a month and a half ago went in 2-3 weeks.

I’m not hurting for $$ so I would rather hang on and use or rent the points than sell at fire-sale prices but fire-sale prices aren’t even selling!

I agree , have you seen the prices some people are willing to sell SSR at now a days! Nobody is buying for fear of ROFR. Ive had an SSR for sale for a bit and crickets whereas the last SSR I sold a month and a half ago went in 2-3 weeks.

I’m not hurting for $$ so I would rather hang on and use or rent the points than sell at fire-sale prices but fire-sale prices aren’t even selling!
Yup- lots of contracts in the $120-130/point range just sitting there.

I’m not holding my breath. If I was a BCV owner, I wouldn’t sell for less than $160pp
There are 75 BCV contracts right now for sale. The first 3 months of the year, average was 15 for sale. BCV is down to a 19 year contract as 2022 is Mostly sold out they 2022. I think we are going to see a big drop In the coming months.

There are 75 BCV contracts right now for sale. The first 3 months of the year, average was 15 for sale. BCV is down to a 19 year contract as 2022 is Mostly sold out they 2022. I think we are going to see a big drop In the coming months.
Yeah but will Disney stop buying them back is the question

It appears they are slowing down on board and beach.
I don’t think they can expect to keep those prices where they are with the years on the contract dwindling. At least for OKW, they buy back the contracts and then sell them as 2057s.

The problem is it’s a buyers market yes- but Disney is taking any good offers. So yes, I’m seeing OKW listings at $110 but you aren’t going to get it if you put it through. I’m seeing contracts $10-20 below what I just paid but I know they aren’t getting through. Heck mine probably won’t. We will see

The problem is it’s a buyers market yes- but Disney is taking any good offers. So yes, I’m seeing OKW listings at $110 but you aren’t going to get it if you put it through. I’m seeing contracts $10-20 below what I just paid but I know they aren’t getting through. Heck mine probably won’t. We will see
I was serious about putting some offers in that I know won't pass. Sellers right now are relying on buyers overpaying to get through ROFR, and until buyers start putting some downward pressure on sellers, the market is going to stagnate. If OKW's equilibrium price ought to be $100, we need to start slamming through some $95s. Disney can't take them all.

Right now, I'd argue that the only good offers you can get through are at Aulani if you don't mind dealing with Aulani things. Everything else has been ROFR'ed way too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter