• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Jan to March 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like the seller paying dues really sealed the deal for this to be taken. Win/Win for Disney as those points are now pure profit.
It's effectively $97.33 per point, if you convert the dues paid by the seller into cost per point. They negotiated an amazing deal, especially with the 2019 points but unfortunately it was just too good. Bummer.

True, but I’m sure Disney considers the entire picture. After all they will still recoup most of the 20 maintenance fees when they sell the points direct to a new owner. What strikes me about that contract is how loaded it was. 426 points still left from 2019 that are available to bank.

If the deal had the seller paying 2020 MFs, then they still have to even though Disney is buying. So a fully loaded contract and having the dues for 2020 paid, is probably why it made it a good one for them to take.

If the deal had the seller paying 2020 MFs, then they still have to even though Disney is buying. So a fully loaded contract and having the dues for 2020 paid, is probably why it made it a good one for them to take.
yeah I think without the dues paid it would have made it. but who knows.

I am not sure that disney is more inclined to take loaded contracts. It seems that based upon recent results that there isn't a skew one way or another. Could be totally wrong.

True, but I’m sure Disney considers the entire picture. After all they will still recoup most of the 20 maintenance fees when they sell the points direct to a new owner. What strikes me about that contract is how loaded it was. 426 points still left from 2019 that are available to bank.

We will never know, but I'm curious what they do on contracts like this. Tons of financial upside for Disney. Dues already paid for '19 and '20. One would imagine they take the '19 and '20 points and add them to their inventory to sell to cash customers. Sell the contract direct for '21 and come out way ahead from start to finish.

I am not sure that disney is more inclined to take loaded contracts. It seems that based upon recent results that there isn't a skew one way or another. Could be totally wrong.

I don’t think we know for sure how they decide, that is for sure.

If you gave the 2019 points a modest rental value of $15.50 that brings the overall cost per point down to just over $86. I’m not surprised that got taken. I think there was a risk it would have been taken even if the 2020 fees had been paid by the Buyer. That would have equated to roughly $94 per point.

One thing is for certain. You negotiated a heck of a deal. It was definitely worth a shot.

UPDATE:

WhenIsOurNextTrip---$105-$16390-150-BWV-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 25/20, 150/21-Seller pays MF 20- sent 2/6, taken 2/25

The moral of the story: Don't bother attempting Boardwalk less than $110.

Back to the hunt.....
Sorry to hear that. Well, you had made a great deal, and it was worth the try. Disney is on a roll lately.

Sorry to hear that. Well, you had made a great deal, and it was worth the try. Disney is on a roll lately.
Yes! Makes me nervous. Also super confused on where they are lol taking back contracts from 2/6-2/11 but haven’t seen all of the 2/5 come through.
Guess I just thought they went in some type of order? Lol

Yes! Makes me nervous. Also super confused on where they are lol taking back contracts from 2/6-2/11 but haven’t seen all of the 2/5 come through.
Likely it was not submitted on the date possibly you were told. They have been going in order but not sure why mine that were submitted later were already told. I submitted 1 contract on 2/10 and 3 on 2/11. Only heard back from two that were bought back already.

right. hopefully we can get back on track.
I sure hope so and I hope mine is included in the "back on track" group haha

Yea thats weird. We sent ours on 2/11 so I've been following the 2/5s and 2/6s

Likely it was not submitted on the date possibly you were told. They have been going in order but not sure why mine that were submitted later were already told. I submitted 1 contract on 2/10 and 3 on 2/11. Only heard back from two that were bought back already.
You may have said this already so apologies if you're repeating yourself, but who did you go through?

Just speculation, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some contracts are more cut and dry on passing or taking and those happen quicker. Other ones get further analysis. I thought someone said earlier there were two phases of ROFR review and maybe some never get that 2nd phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter