ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I was looking at this one. I need more HHI points. And yet, our first stay is this April. I hope it’s worth it. It occurred to me that a nice Airbnb is potentially cheaper than HHI points in the summer months.
Prob right, but my ulterior motive is to also use them at AKV, SSR, or OKW at the 7-month mark. It's small enough and a good enough price not to ever meet direct pricing until it reverts back.

Oh, I'll be watching this one and crossing my fingers for you. This is exactly what I am in the market for. What was the original point price they were asking?
They were asking $120 and took my initial offer at $108. Now with all this chatter of subsidized I’m thinking maybe I should just go that route again. Just so hard to find my use year.

They were asking $120 and took my initial offer at $108. Now with all this chatter of subsidized I’m thinking maybe I should just go that route again. Just so hard to find my use year.
Subsidized contract is such a rare find. You have to just go with whatever UY it is. My subsidized Aulani was my 3rd UY.

Subsidized contract is such a rare find. You have to just go with whatever UY it is. My subsidized Aulani was my 3rd UY.
We have a smaller Aulani contract and found we needed more points for a one bedroom so I’d prefer they be the same use year. Maybe I’m not up for the hunt for it then lol

We have a smaller Aulani contract and found we needed more points for a one bedroom so I’d prefer they be the same use year. Maybe I’m not up for the hunt for it then lol
Don't give up on finding one! I'm in the process of closing on 2 subsidized contracts with the UY that I wanted. I found the first on a broker's app that provides instant notification. I submitted a full ask offer within minutes of the notification. Several brokers have apps, including this board's sponsor. The 2nd was through a private sale and we did not use a broker. I've seen at least 20 subsidized contracts in the last 6 months of actively looking... not a lot but they are definitely out there.

We just had a very fast resale process. Made the offer on Poly for 100 pts on Jan 15th and had the points loaded into our account as of Feb 22nd. Total of 38 days from start to finish which is unbelievable. My first resale contract at AKV took 92 days in total by comparison back in 2017.

We just had a very fast resale process. Made the offer on Poly for 100 pts on Jan 15th and had the points loaded into our account as of Feb 22nd. Total of 38 days from start to finish which is unbelievable. My first resale contract at AKV took 92 days in total by comparison back in 2017.
That does seem very fast!

For me, the multiple UYs require too much effort and bring on too many additional complications. I’d rather have them all the same UY non subsidized. Of course, this is just me, but over the long term I think it’s way easier to have the same UY for at least the same resort.

Got this this morning. Hoping they wouldnt be asking just to then take the contract. But who knows.
From DVC administration:

"Hello,

We have a couple of members with the same names and address. Can you confirm if there are the same people?

JOSEPH LOUIS ICARD and SARA JONELL ICARD

Your buyer Mr. Joseph Icard shows the suffix JR.

Please advise.

Thanks"

Got this this morning. Hoping they wouldnt be asking just to then take the contract. But who knows.
From DVC administration:

"Hello,

We have a couple of members with the same names and address. Can you confirm if there are the same people?

JOSEPH LOUIS ICARD and SARA JONELL ICARD

Your buyer Mr. Joseph Icard shows the suffix JR.

Please advise.

Thanks"
In my experience, amending docs means you passed ROFR. Fingers crossed for you.

We're one step closer--our deed was recorded on Friday. I just found out that Disney found an error--the deed mentions 250 points when the actual number is 210.

Does anyone have any experience on the steps/additional time required to correct this? Will a whole new deed need to be re-signed and notarized again before its refiled, or can a simple correction be filed with the existing deed?

We're one step closer--our deed was recorded on Friday. I just found out that Disney found an error--the deed mentions 250 points when the actual number is 210.

Does anyone have any experience on the steps/additional time required to correct this? Will a whole new deed need to be re-signed and notarized again before its refiled, or can a simple correction be filed with the existing deed?
The title company should be able to file a corrective deed. But, do you mean the annual point allotment is 210, or there are 210/250 points available currently? If the allotment total was incorrect that would change quite a bit of your contract, including any annual dues you reimbursed the seller. If it's just the currently available points that differ, the seller should reimburse you for the points they used, the amount per point is usually outlined in your contract. How frustrating!

This is probably a dumb question (Sorry in advance), but who lets you know if Disney passed or took the ROFR? Do you get emailed from Disney directly or from your resale company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter