ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they also charge more in closing fees than First American or Mason. I can see essentially identical contracts on dvcresalemarket.com who really try to force to use magicvacationtitle.com and other on dvcresale.com with closing costs almost $200 less.

We also purchased through dvcresalemarket.com and are going through magicvacationtitle.com and I’m wishing we were closing with anyone else now based on these 3-4 week closings I’ve read about.

Also still waiting to hear back on ROFR submitted 3/2. Hoping we know something today.

I'm really wishing that I would have went with someone other than www.magicvacationtitle.com. Why are they taking soooo much longer than practically every other title company! 😩
I agree. I'm trying to be patient as I know they are slammed, but it's getting harder and harder not to complain :rolleyes:. We are two weeks past ROFR - crickets. I keep telling myself that because ROFR happened so fast, we are still in the time frame of the "normal" resale process, but if it goes on much longer that will no longer be true. I thought for sure we'd hear this week.

We just closed with Mason yesterday and the deed recorded today. I returned my closing docs as the purchaser on 2/24 and they were received on 2/28 (weekend). The sellers signed their docs on 2/27, and I'm assuming their packet was received by Mason on 3/2 (sent either 2/27 or 2/28 with 2-day FedEx service). That would jive with the 3/9 closing date (7 days).

I wonder if it's against the rules to negotiate contracts for other buyers..

I don’t think you were referring to the DIs for this or that you were serious, but just in case…no, you would not be able to do that using the DIS or it’s PM system

A couple of bummers I found out during a phone chat with Shawn at fidelity yesterday…

I was potentially going to offer on two Aulani contracts from the same seller. In the good ol days, closing costs could be combined. Shawn said that Disney now is asking for them to be separate closing costs. Not sure how long this has been the case, but definitely not fun when it comes to Aulani closing costs. 😵‍💫

The other bummer involved using Mason with Cammy for Aulani resale. I guess they thought everything was set to go for Cammy to be able to close these, but Shawn said they’ve run into problems with Hawaii’s requirements. So Mason/Cammy isn’t a possibility for Aulani.

…Just thought I’d share in case anyone else is having the same ponderings…

The other bummer involved using Mason with Cammy for Aulani resale. I guess they thought everything was set to go for Cammy to be able to close these, but Shawn said they’ve run into problems with Hawaii’s requirements. So Mason/Cammy isn’t a possibility for Aulani.

Mason was never able to handle Hawaii title work, so maybe it's a new thing they're just not fully complete in obtaining?

I'm really wishing that I would have went with someone other than www.magicvacationtitle.com. Why are they taking soooo much longer than practically every other title company! 😩
I'm bummed about it too. Over two weeks from ROFR here. Next week should be my week to get closing docs and wire the money according to their maximum days on the timeline they sent.
Happy for everyone who's contracts are moving along.

I'm bummed about it too. Over two weeks from ROFR here. Next week should be my week to get closing docs and wire the money according to their maximum days on the timeline they sent.
Happy for everyone who's contracts are moving along.
Same here. I emailed again. Squeaky wheel, right?? I even flat out said that other title companies are sending out documents way faster than they are. Maybe if we all complain, they'll try to speed it up??

A couple of bummers I found out during a phone chat with Shawn at fidelity yesterday…

I was potentially going to offer on two Aulani contracts from the same seller. In the good ol days, closing costs could be combined. Shawn said that Disney now is asking for them to be separate closing costs. Not sure how long this has been the case, but definitely not fun when it comes to Aulani closing costs. 😵‍💫

There was someone else here purchasing Aulani recently that said their escrow company is Mason. I hope they see your post.

We just closed with Mason yesterday and the deed recorded today. I returned my closing docs as the purchaser on 2/24 and they were received on 2/28 (weekend). The sellers signed their docs on 2/27, and I'm assuming their packet was received by Mason on 3/2 (sent either 2/27 or 2/28 with 2-day FedEx service). That would jive with the 3/9 closing date (7 days).
This makes me sad as I’m still waiting for my closing doc and it’s been a week. Apparently not everyone works at Lightning speed at Mason. It’s not a big deal to wait, except I’m going out of the country in a couple of weeks and don’t want to be dealing with closing when I may have limited internet access.

This makes me sad as I’m still waiting for my closing doc and it’s been a week. Apparently not everyone works at Lightning speed at Mason. It’s not a big deal to wait, except I’m going out of the country in a couple of weeks and don’t want to be dealing with closing when I may have limited internet access.
Well, it's the broker that sends the contract to Disney for ROFR, and then sends the documents to the title company for closing docs to be generated once ROFR is cleared. The title company also has to wait on any financial docs to be prepared by a lender (if applicable) before the final closing disclosure and closing packet can be prepared and sent out.

So there are a few things that can slow the process down, even between passing ROFR and the title company sending you your closing docs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter