ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually what I had come here to post earlier! 😂

Probably could have low balled more,
but it felt like a figure the buyer would psychologically say yes to. I’ll rent the banked points.

Consider me another victim of the buying Aulani thread.

BrianLo---$100-$12057-100-AUL-Dec-82/22, 0/23, 100/24, 100/25- sent 2/21

You aren’t the only one 🤣🤣🤣

It was a consideration on and off. Went to Aulani for a week in the Fall (all on my meagre amount of SAP) and we just did a 2 bedroom for a one night layover en route to Australia earlier this month, so I’m all in on Aulani already.

Was thinking Poly 150 resale was my answer because I’d love the access to the tower for ‘Duo/tower studios’ and just need more points to stay with friends and family at Aulani… but between the vague outstanding uncertainty for Poly, the resale price run up and sheer impatience, here we are where intended: Aulani points.

I’ll be back in the thread with a small Poly contract when there is more affirmation in a year or two.

So im now a Duo Studio (Tower Studio) - or 2 bedroom villa kind of guy. I feel like that’s almost peak dichotomy 😂

This is actually what I had come here to post earlier! 😂

Probably could have low balled more,
but it felt like a figure the buyer would psychologically say yes to. I’ll rent the banked points.

Consider me another victim of the buying Aulani thread.

BrianLo---$100-$12057-100-AUL-Dec-82/22, 0/23, 100/24, 100/25- sent 2/21
Aloha!

I have to ignore the Aulani, we already own 670 points there, so clearly we need a WDW home. Never ever thought we'd buy into WDW however, now that we are using our Aulani points to cruise with DCL out of Fort Lauderdale at xmas now have to have a home @ WDW too. Add-on-itis bites again...

pixiedustyyc---$137-$25390-175-CCV@WL-Aug-0/23, 243/24, 175/25- sent 2/20

Just curious but how do you determine what to charge your friends? I'm torn, somewhere between my actual pp cost (pp+dues), or just my dues cost.

I'm so jealous of all your possible contracts!!
Hopefully you're good with all of them making it through rofr?
I usually do a straight line depreciation (purchase price / points remaining) + annual dues. Bottom line, i much prefer good company than get top dollar.

Of course, i'm just curious what others do.

So you just charge $15.54 (or whatever) per point used on their part of the trip (if in their own room), or half if splitting a 2bdrm?
My thinking was, if my plan was to sell a contract before end date and get that money back, maybe i don't need to charge them... as friends, not a rental.
I think that is fair. It also may be worth less than you paid. I think the fair number is your total cost vs an unknown future recoup of value.

My latest theory/approach is to do max contract sizes of 100 pt. Figure it's enough to cover a studio stay down the road even if I peel off the other 100 contract(s) that let us do a 1bdr. Just did 100 pt CCV of a greater plan to get to 200 and didn't find the overall $/pt to be that different. And like you noted, I'd rather pay that extra closing/doc fee than be trapped with an all-or-nothing.

Of course, if I was planning to ride it into the ground and the $/pt was a steal then bring on the Costco-sized contract!

Famous last words "I never plan to sell" and "I wont need to buy more points".

I feel like they have found their groove on that show in the post-Werner world…

I like the current mix of core personalities who host and the “man on the street” shows in the parks and resorts.

They need some variety on the guests they bring on. Chad Pennycuff does a really nice job of mixing it up. His podcast is my favourite of them all and I feel he does his best to remain unbiased.

First time buying resale, we have a small contract at VGF

Massachusetts --- $125-$20838-150-BLT-June-75/23, 300/24, 150/25 - Buyer to pay 2024 MF -sent 2/14

Update - Contract number amended - buyer signed 2/22/2024

Question - I am thinking of asking the seller to book a two night reservation with the 75 points coming off the contract May 31st. My plan was to put an extra deposit and grant the seller the right to recover $18 per point (rental cost) if the deal falls through. If the seller were to agree to the booking under my name would that interfere with closing?

Question - I am thinking of asking the seller to book a two night reservation with the 75 points coming off the contract May 31st. My plan was to put an extra deposit and grant the seller the right to recover $18 per point (rental cost) if the deal falls through. If the seller were to agree to the booking under my name would that interfere with closing?
Contracts can not close with pending reservations.

Yes it will. If you already have a membership best to ask them to transfer the points and you book it. Otherwise that reso likely gets cancelled upon the closing.

Thanks for all the information. We aren't too worried about the expiring points. If there was a work around by renting them from the seller I figured we should explore it.

I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago and tried to ask via the resale broker if they buyer could make a reservation for us. At the time, I was told by the broker that Disney will not close on a contract with and outstanding reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter