ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for opinions, a loaded Poly contract that has full 2021 points banked at $165 and seller pays MF 22. Too much? I think it’s a bit much, I want cheap SAP points.
Not cheap enough for me- you’d have to be sub $160 with all those banked points or even lower if it was stripped (I’ve seen as low as like $148 recently).

Not cheap enough for me- you’d have to be sub $160 with all those banked points or even lower if it was stripped (I’ve seen as low as like $148 recently).
I offered $155 but they didn’t accept. I was looking for something sub $11 per point over the life of contract. At $165 and seller pay dues it’s sub $11. Could have bought another Aulani subsidized but wanted something WDW.

Last edited:
I offered $160 but they didn’t accept. I was looking for something sub $11 per point over the life of contract. At $165 and seller pay dues it’s sub $11. Could have bought another Aulani subsidized but wanted something WDW.
How do you calculate cost per point over life of contract? #newbie here

Ok but how do you know what dues will be in the future/don’t they vary each year?
You want to do a Net Present Value calc. Here is a link that I think is filtered: https://*******.com/dvc-information/buying-dvc/a-financial-analysis-of-buying-dvc/

Thanks!! But when it comes to plugging in comparable nights I just end up confused?
I get it's a little complicated. If it helps, I'm shopping for a contract with a $20K budget and did my own analysis. I assume 1) rack rate is $26/point 2) room inflation is 4%, 3) due inflation will continue per resort as they have, and 4) discount rate is 10% since that's pretty standard. They definitely could be wrong. These are my calculations. Profitability index indicates how much return I can expect in today's dollars for every dollar I spend (higher is better). But you'll see they all have a return with these assumptions, just some have more savings than others:
1663341568632.png

This looks like the first time one of those auction listings has a reasonable reserve price. BRV going for 106/pt (so far)

Since number of points or use year not given I will apply rough estimates.
100 pvb at $165 $16500 if have 100 banked points could sell but will use low conservative figure of $16 so $1600 income from rental $16500-1600= 14900 so $149 per point for PVB. Some would call that cheap and seller paying 2022 mf is also a bonus
I've been trying to figure out how to account for this in an offer--thanks so much! I couldn't figure out what made sense but this seems to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter