ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BWoody---$142-$15803-100-AKV-Feb-0/21, 0/22, 166/23, 100/24- sent 9/15

Here we go again. I went above my goal of staying below 15k but the bonus here is this contract has 97 more points to start off with compared to the one I just lost. Those extra points up front will set me up nice. Now lets hope this one can slay the dreaded ROFR monster.

I've been trying to figure out how to account for this in an offer--thanks so much! I couldn't figure out what made sense but this seems to!
Don't forget the taxes on the rental income. If you choose to rent your points through a broker, most brokers will issue a 1099 depending on how you get paid.

Since number of points or use year not given I will apply rough estimates.
100 pvb at $165 $16500 if have 100 banked points could sell but will use low conservative figure of $16 so $1600 income from rental $16500-1600= 14900 so $149 per point for PVB. Some would call that cheap and seller paying 2022 mf is also a bonus
Getting 2021 + 2022 points while the seller is paying for 2022 dues it's a very big bonus. That's an extra $14.78/per point (2 years of $7.39/point maintenance fees).

It depends on what the use year is...
I always wondered about that. My use year is December. I know the maintenance fees are usually paid by the buyer and they are paid at the beginning of the year no matter the use year.
When I asked the broker about pro-rated dues (closing planned for October) she said no way. "You're getting full 2022 points, you pay full dues". It seemed pretty fair to me, so I did not insist. After that I saw similar cases with others on this board and I assumed that's how it is. I still think it's fair.
When I bought direct from Disney I got pro-rated dues. But I didn't expect the same treatment from resale. At the end of the day, it's me who's going to use those points.

I always wondered about that. My use year is December. I know the maintenance fees are usually paid by the buyer and they are paid at the beginning of the year no matter the use year.
When I asked the broker about pro-rated dues (closing planned for October) she said no way. "You're getting full 2022 points, you pay full dues". It seemed pretty fair to me, so I did not insist. After that I saw similar cases with others on this board and I assumed that's how it is. I still think it's fair.
When I bought direct from Disney I got pro-rated dues. But I didn't expect the same treatment from resale. At the end of the day, it's me who's going to use those points.
My question goes more to the use year as it relates to the banked 2021 points. It might be wonderfully fantastic to have all of 2021's points banked, but if your use year is February and you don't see those points in your account until say mid October at this point, the chance of renting those points before they're gone for good on January 31 is pretty slim, and actually using them is next to impossible.

As long as you feel the deal was fair, that is all that matters. Except in one case, I have always based my willingness to pay dues...buyer or seller, on time of year.

Don't forget the taxes on the rental income. If you choose to rent your points through a broker, most brokers will issue a 1099 depending on how you get paid.
Thanks. I don't know that I'd actually rent but I was having trouble comparing stripped v loaded contracts. I wasn't sure what a reasonable price difference between the two would be.

Anyone know if MS. ROFR worked today? I have seen contracts coming back quickly and mine has been 15 days just curious.

The reply I got was "Disney ROFR has been extremely behind regarding the inventory they been having." I didn't reply to that as I know from this thread that it's not true recently.

Don't just reach out to the admin at the "broker who charges a fee"..... Also copy your sales agent. I made that mistake. The admin was rude and not helpful. Once I added the agent back into the mix I got actual human answers and surprise my response was back promptly.

We just passed on our second attempt! I will do the string later but our first CCV got bought back so we went in again. We paid $180 for 120. I've seen $172 and $175 get taken at CCV this month. Within a month or two I think figures very close (if not) $180 will be taken so thought it was best to get in now, rather than wait another month, get taken, and the price has gone up by then anyway. They have definitely pushed the resale price up a lot since the direct price rise to $240 pp.

Absolutley delighted to finally have got our first contract!!! 😊

Off topic but I know this group will appreciate it. The "reservation wanted" groups on Facebook are absolutely hysterical.

"ISO September 22-30 in a Studio, Boardwalk or Beach Club only."

🙄 These people are delusional.
Especially when they add the stipulation “distressed points only”! Like you want those hard to get studios at only 8-12/pt, get outta here lol

Off topic but I know this group will appreciate it. The "reservation wanted" groups on Facebook are absolutely hysterical.

"ISO September 22-30 in a Studio, Boardwalk or Beach Club only."

🙄 These people are delusional.
Following up to your off topic, is it typically easier to offload points by selling a reservation or transferring points? I’m assuming selling a reservation because a wider pool of people can buy it (including non DVC members). But transfer sounds so much safer and simpler. Just trying to plan ahead in case my latest contract passes I think I’ll want to offload some extra points and never done it before.

Following up to your off topic, is it typically easier to offload points by selling a reservation or transferring points? I’m assuming selling a reservation because a wider pool of people can buy it (including non DVC members). But transfer sounds so much safer and simpler. Just trying to plan ahead in case my latest contract passes I think I’ll want to offload some extra points and never done it before.
The one thing to consider is a points transfer is permanent. You would likely want to have payment before going through with it. A reservation can be cancelled if payment doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter