ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
alohatok1986---$184-$10002-50-PVB-Dec-0/21, 37/22, 50/23- sent 7/19

It might be a bad idea to send a second small contract when I haven’t had my first (100 pointer) accepted… esp bc this would be my first DVC and set the tone for UY (a subject I’m already wary about) but I’m feeling like both have a decent shot. We’ll see.

How did you find an international seller?
There's a couple brokers that put the info in the listing. Mine did. I also knew that my previous offer was very close to the ROFR line. So when it was getting close to being due, I started pouring through the listings looking for backup.

Fortunately, the current contract was listed with the same broker. Made the process easier. Signed new contract, kept original deposit with Mason, and sent new contract to Monera who is offering same terms and no new credit check.

Ughhh I am so sorry about the drunken monkey. Someone send him tequila please. Black out monkey, we may stand a chance.

So when I get blocked out of booking a last-minute trip, who has Mickey's phone number so i can rent some of his millions of SSR points?
You might not want to hear this…… but if you call your guide you will have those points in your account in a few hours tops. It feels great but it’s $$$$. Knowing that the points are unrestricted for years to come also can help you justify this “guilty pleasure”

I did it for 150 points that I likely should not have done, but it’s a 2068 resort so I have the benefit of an extra 150 unrestricted points for a long time……

You might not want to hear this…… but if you call your guide you will have those points in your account in a few hours tops. It feels great but it’s $$$$. Knowing that the points are unrestricted for years to come also can help you justify this “guilty pleasure”

I did it for 150 points that I likely should not have done, but it’s a 2068 resort so I have the benefit of an extra 150 unrestricted points for a long time……
I would constantly feel like I got suckered into paying 30-40% more by some cheap sales tactics .

Question for those who have ever gotten ROFR'd:

How fast did you get your deposit back from the title company? The first time it happened I got mine refunded within 10 minutes of asking for it. This time I asked for it yesterday afternoon, but don't have it yet.

I don't know what the typical time is...10 minutes...3 days...2 weeks?

How fast did you get your deposit back from the title company? The first time it happened I got mine refunded within 10 minutes of asking for it. This time I asked for it yesterday afternoon, but don't have it yet.

They refunded as soon as they knew I'd been ROFRd and sent an email with the receipt. That's how I found out it had been taken. Took 3 days for the actual credit to hit my card though.

My first one, they said it would be returned in a few days but I had to send an email 2 weeks later and than they did it instantly.

My next one was sent instantly and before the realtor even updated me that the contract was taken.

I am currently dealing with an issue where i was sent the wrong title insurances credit card authorization and paid the wrong title company. It took a week before I was sent the correct credit card form and was told they would get the other payment refunded right away. After a week I did not hear anything and emailed and it took a few days to sort out but received an email with receipt of refund and now just waiting for it to post to my credit card.

The first 2 refunds took 2 days to post to my credit card after receiving the email and receipt of refund and this current one is on day 3.

It's always been refunded within a day or 2 of my request

I would constantly feel like I got suckered into paying 30-40% more by some cheap sales tactics .
Not trying to say direct is a good way to go or anything over resale but at least regarding this (sales tactics) I want to address this concern.

To my surprise there is almost no hard selling by the DVC guides who sell direct. I’ve done lots of different sales in my 25 ish years of work, and I will give credit to the direct guides for being professionals who avoid 95% of the hard selling tactics that I’ve seen used by many pros over the years. I heard this multiple times from Pete and his crew on the DVC Fans YouTube channel (that the direct guides don’t pressure you) and I agree. Pete seems like he is an excellent sales person who “could sell you your own jacket in winter” (a saying of high praise with no disrespect….. he has the charisma and charm to do it). After dealing with my direct guide for many months now, I agree.

Direct has it’s benefits and you have to decide what to do with your $$$. In this case we had already booked a stay at our WDW home resort and really wanted to consider adding on a few days at CCV. It’s a small resort that’s popular and has some availability issues. I also value the idea of having more direct points as there is a high % chance that one of the two resorts about to open in a year on the west coast (VDH) will be restricted. No push at all…. I called my guide, asked about some promotions we had discussed a few weeks prior, he agreed to honor them and we did the deal….

The delta of 55 dollars a point over the current “safe” ROFR floor for the resort did suck, but I got to book what we wanted at 11 months out. The delta was also less than what it would have cost to rent the points to book this one reservation and I have the extra points unrestricted for use at VDH, Poly2, etc. for many years. It made the pain more bearable for me.

Want to add on another 150 to 200 points at CCV in the next few years and there is a very high % chance those will be resale.

Good luck to you in your hunt for points be they direct or resale. May the ROFR monster be kind :)

Not trying to say direct is a good way to go or anything over resale but at least regarding this (sales tactics) I want to address this concern.

To my surprise there is almost no hard selling by the DVC guides who sell direct. I’ve done lots of different sales in my 25 ish years of work, and I will give credit to the direct guides for being professionals who avoid 95% of the hard selling tactics that I’ve seen used by many pros over the years. I heard this multiple times from Pete and his crew on the DVC Fans YouTube channel (that the direct guides don’t pressure you) and I agree. Pete seems like he is an excellent sales person who “could sell you your own jacket in winter” (a saying of high praise with no disrespect….. he has the charisma and charm to do it). After dealing with my direct guide for many months now, I agree.

Direct has it’s benefits and you have to decide what to do with your $$$. In this case we had already booked a stay at our WDW home resort and really wanted to consider adding on a few days at CCV. It’s a small resort that’s popular and has some availability issues. I also value the idea of having more direct points as there is a high % chance that one of the two resorts about to open in a year on the west coast (VDH) will be restricted. No push at all…. I called my guide, asked about some promotions we had discussed a few weeks prior, he agreed to honor them and we did the deal….

The delta of 55 dollars a point over the current “safe” ROFR floor for the resort did suck, but I got to book what we wanted at 11 months out. The delta was also less than what it would have cost to rent the points to book this one reservation and I have the extra points unrestricted for use at VDH, Poly2, etc. for many years. It made the pain more bearable for me.

Want to add on another 150 to 200 points at CCV in the next few years and there is a very high % chance those will be resale.

Good luck to you in your hunt for points be they direct or resale. May the ROFR monster be kind :)
Agree. So, TBH how I pushed my husband over the DVC ledge was to book a Marriott time share stay where we had to the forced awful pitch. Then I started slowly talking about how DVC was different. We have absolutely encountered the opposite. While our Guide is great he doesn’t pressure us in the least. In my opinion, its the best sales tactic out there. Whether true or not, they create the impression that they couldn’t care less if you buy because the person right behind you will. It creates a sort of FOMO and I am a sucker for it. Nobody does FOMO the way Disney does.

They refunded as soon as they knew I'd been ROFRd and sent an email with the receipt. That's how I found out it had been taken. Took 3 days for the actual credit to hit my card though.
Same for us. Took a couple days to hit our card.

Out of curiosity, how much $$ typically is the required deposit for a resale contract?

All of mine were 10% of the purchase price, with 500 dollar minimum.
On my somewhat larger VGC purchase they would not let me put 10% on the credit card as the title company had a max amount the would allow to not pay too much in credit card fees as part of the transaction. So there may be a upper limit to how much you can put down on your card too.

I was happy to put 10% or more to get those points :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter