ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I scored 2 of those 25 point contracts myself. (Unless the ROFR monster wakes up.) $110 was too good to pass up. Fidelity agent said there were 4 of the 25 point contracts from the same seller. Agent also said that the seller listed 8 contracts and by the next morning 7 of them were sold. I own 450 direct at Riviera and we like to try other resorts if they are available at 7 months. I was looking for the perfect way to round out 500 points. For that price even the wife wasn’t too mad that I bought without asking her. Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Sometimes I do get a little bit of good luck.
That was my approach to the wife (after I made the offer). What a great deal honey!

These were also rounding up points for us as well. Usually those little ones go for much more and we have been buying OTUP and in the last few years I could have easily purchased something for what we had to spend on those OTUPs. My only bummer is I want more CCV but those only come in 50s. That is a harder decision with the wife. ha ha ha. GOOD LUCK ALL!

Bayoumomof3---$160-$8900-50-BCV-Sep-0/22, 100/23, 50/24, 50/25- sent 8/7

My first reaction was that this is pricy for a 2042 resort. But then I saw a BCV 50-pointer March UY go for $190 (firm price) within 1 day, with no 2022/2023 points at all. Can't argue with free markets - there's a huge premium for EPCOT access and $160 with 2 extra use years seems like a great deal relative to that one - Congrats!

Last edited:
My first reaction was that this is pricy for a 2042 resort. But then I saw a BCV 50-pointer March UY go for $190 (firm price) within 1 day, with no 2022/2023 points at all. Can't argue with free markets - there's a huge premium for EPCOT access and $160 with 2 extra use years seems like a great deal relative to that one - Congrats!
Thanks!! There were 4 50 point contracts- two at 160, 1 at 170, and 1 at 155. Only one that had 22/23 points were the two for 160. The first one sold for full price ( agent told me that) . I made offers on 3 of them varying from 125. - 145. Declined on all, waiting for full price offer. Then DH says, what’s your obsession with saving a few bucks for a lower PPP? Couldn’t argue, so put in the full price offer and seller signed contract same day. THEN, a few days later, see the 50 points for 190$!! With no points until 2025! And as you pointed out, it’s already sold!! All in all, I feel very good and excited about our contract!😊
We love Beach Club!!

How many contracts have passed this week?

I only seem to recall a few from last week, and none so far for this week?

How many contracts have passed this week?

I only seem to recall a few from last week, and none so far for this week?
last one reported on this thread was 8/4 i believe. disney knows they're not buying any back so maybe they're only processing ROFR reviews once every few weeks now :(

We passed today. I will update when all is said and done.

Got this little snippet, so may be why it's been a little slow?:

PLEASE NOTE: DVC Resale Processing Team was down from August 1st -11th to perform upgrades on their software. This is why there was a small delay in processing the waiver. Just know, they are giving us waivers on basically 100 files all at the same time, so give the title company a little leniency on timing.

We passed today. I will update when all is said and done.

Got this little snippet, so may be why it's been a little slow?:

PLEASE NOTE: DVC Resale Processing Team was down from August 1st -11th to perform upgrades on their software. This is why there was a small delay in processing the waiver. Just know, they are giving us waivers on basically 100 files all at the same time, so give the title company a little leniency on timing.

Congrats

I actually remember reading about it on Facebook that there would be a closure or down time for contracts sent to ROFR, just totally forgot.

I assume that most title companies are closed during the weekend so most will properly hear back during monday.🤞

Exact same thoughts here! We’re new SSR resale owners and debating AKL resale or waiting for Poly 2 and then deciding between it and Riviera.
Here are my pro and con items I have.

BLT pro -location and decent point chart/very good point chart for the location. 1BR/2bathrooms
Con- more like a hotel than a Disney themed resort

AKV- restaurants/ 2 resorts to select from- do we want a resort with large lobby or not. We get both here/ animals
Good point chart 1 Bedroom/2 bathrooms
Con- location- most likely a split stay resort only so a 4 day stay every other year

Riviera- pro-an Epcot resort with years left
Con only WDW restricted resort. The point chart means we need a higher number of points

POLY2 pro- location
CON- I anticipate a high point chart

Possible pro- if it's a separate association it benefits Riviera for us.

Boardwalk pro location great point chart
Con- end date and difficult to get the room type we would want.

We have a BLT trip next week and next August I plan to book an 8-day trip with AKV having 4 days. The other 4 days will be at one of these 3 BWV/BRV or CCV.

We can walk through both Rivera this year and Poly 2 next year.

After next August we can make a decision.

I saw a couple of passes today. They seem to be passing rofrs on Fridays pretty regularly.
I’m at 3 weeks today and was hoping today might be the day, but no such luck!

That was my approach to the wife (after I made the offer). What a great deal honey!

These were also rounding up points for us as well. Usually those little ones go for much more and we have been buying OTUP and in the last few years I could have easily purchased something for what we had to spend on those OTUPs. My only bummer is I want more CCV but those only come in 50s. That is a harder decision with the wife. ha ha ha. GOOD LUCK ALL!
Good luck to you as well. Hope they pass and pass soon.

Thanks!! There were 4 50 point contracts- two at 160, 1 at 170, and 1 at 155. Only one that had 22/23 points were the two for 160. The first one sold for full price ( agent told me that) . I made offers on 3 of them varying from 125. - 145. Declined on all, waiting for full price offer. Then DH says, what’s your obsession with saving a few bucks for a lower PPP? Couldn’t argue, so put in the full price offer and seller signed contract same day. THEN, a few days later, see the 50 points for 190$!! With no points until 2025! And as you pointed out, it’s already sold!! All in all, I feel very good and excited about our contract!😊
We love Beach Club!!
Welcome Home Neighbor - I have a small BCV Contract. (wouldn't mind adding on another one at right price/use year).
Congrats!

when I offered on that 50 Pointer at HHI (still pending ROFR)
I almost pulled the trigger on that gem when it popped up even though I’m not looking for HH since it was my use year but was like nah I don’t want the higher dues and will just live with randomly walking a HH reservation. Was a great price so congrats and hopefully next week!

Gaaahhh! If they didn't close for a week and half, my BLT contract would have been closed already, and we would be a tad closer to getting our points! Darn it! 🥺😒

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter