• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room frig recall?

Reports are Y&BC are getting them tomorrow, but may take 3 weeks to get them all installed. However, some people who are there are reporting they have a fridge in the room.

Does anyone know if AoA's Little Mermaid rooms have been affected yet? We are arriving the week of August 19th. :goodvibes

We still have 58 days to go before we arrive but I too am a planner and would like to know if new fridges are being installed now or will be soon.

We'll be at BCV starting 8/13, are we garunteed a working fridge? And if I'm having food delivered by Garden Grocer how do I ensure that I've got a working fridge? Or am I SOL?

We'll be at BCV starting 8/13, are we garunteed a working fridge? And if I'm having food delivered by Garden Grocer how do I ensure that I've got a working fridge? Or am I SOL?

DVC rooms apparently have a different fridge model and are unaffected by all this.

Does anyone know what you need to qualify as a "medical necessity" for a fridge? I take a refrigerated medication so would that qualify? :confused3

Also when should I let them know about my need? Do I call them now that my ressies are made or before I get there? :confused3

Does anyone know what you need to qualify as a "medical necessity" for a fridge? I take a refrigerated medication so would that qualify? :confused3

Also when do I need to let them know about my need? Do I call them now that my ressies are made or before I get there? :confused3

Yes, that would absolutely qualify. Just give them a call anytime to have the medical request added to the reservation. Make sure you do it at least a week in advance, but it can be done tomorrow, too.

Anyone at POR? Just wondering if there are new fridges there.

Many rooms are still without them.

Be there in a few weeks. Hope the Royal Rooms have them.:confused3 Not very royal to be without a fridge, is it? I would have to guess they will replace the higher priced rooms first, starting with the deluxe resorts and then working down. Fingers crossed.

Here at port Orleans riverside we had a regular room and were upgraded to the royal room. No fridge working just a note saying they apologize.

We were there earlier in a Royal Room and it had a fridge hidden behind a door in the cabinet the tv sits on.

Staying at Pop Century for the first 2 weeks of October....will the fridges be back by then?

My family and I are leaving for our summer vacay on Monday and staying until Friday. We plan to eat a fast breakfast in the room before hitting the parks and to save $$$ at the food court at the resort. I plan on bringing fruit and cereal. I will need a fridge for the milk and my bottle water that I will drink while in the room and out and about. Also any leftovers from dinners I can heat up the next day, etc. Last year my daughter, my boyfriend and I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for 5 days in July and it was awesome but we used the fridge everyday so I am hoping to have one on this trip as well!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!! Leaving in three days!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Here at port Orleans riverside we had a regular room and were upgraded to the royal room. No fridge working just a note saying they apologize.

I hope they have fridge. I need store my insulin. I reserved a pool view and hope to be upgraded to the royal room. How did you get it? Thx

I hope they have fridge. I need store my insulin. I reserved a pool view and hope to be upgraded to the royal room. How did you get it? Thx

Don't count on an upgrade then you won't be disappointed. Upgrades are random and usually happen when a room category is overbooked. As far as the fridge goes, let them know at check in that you need it as a medical necessity to store your insulin.

You'll get a fridge because you need it for medical reasons. Just make sure to call Disney ASAP and explain you'll need a fridge because of medical reasons. Then, be sure to remind them when you check in. Good luck on your upgrade. You might as well ask when you check in if a complimentary room upgrade is available. You never know.

You'll get a fridge because you need it for medical reasons. Just make sure to call Disney ASAP and explain you'll need a fridge because of medical reasons. Then, be sure to remind them when you check in. Good luck on your upgrade. You might as well ask when you check in if a complimentary room upgrade is available. You never know.

Oh thanks for Te tip. I will call tomorrow and see if I can get one reserve. Is this someone I have to have dr fax over something? Thx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter