Rope drop crowds at Hollywood Studios this week?

I’m getting ready to go, but there are websites all over the place tracking this with pretty good data. I’ve been reading them for the past few months. Here’s a current one for example:
https://blogmickey.com/2020/02/rise...ith-8am-openings-at-disneys-hollywood-studios
(In case the url doesn’t work, search Blog Mickey, 8am opening etc)
Just tossing this out there, https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...nformation-read-post-1-2-no-spoilers.3782822/. Great No Spoilers discussion thread detailing what's happening in the park each day. Post 2 of the thread has a chart that is updated daily for boarding group data. Useful info as it stays up to date on new happenings as the ride morphs into something new.

Does anyone have any idea how long they will be "pre-filling" the que for Slinky Dog Dash for rope drop in Hollywood Studios?? SDD was my number one FP priority for our May trip but if this is an option we might try rope dropping SDD and getting a FP for MFSR or MMRR
Unfortunately, this is all information that is kept tight with management. I'd assume they use the strategy as long as necessary and it's working. Keep in mind, once they fill up the pre-filled area, it's still a bit of a free for all and you'll need to be at the park super early to get to the front of the line.

Also, I'd imagine they'd have to implement something similar for MMRR, since that ride will be more in the open of the park, rather than tucked inside its own land, the way SDD and MFSR currently are. If your FP day is still days or even weeks away, just keep an eye on how MMRR is operating at ropedrop and maybe decide then which ride you'd prefer to ropedrop vs FP.

Going in late June/early July. Posted opening time for HS is 9am, do you think that will shift? What time should I plan to be in the parking lot to be near the front of the rope drop? Should I head right to TOT then the Rock Coaster after getting a boarding group (hope hope)?

Going in late June/early July. Posted opening time for HS is 9am, do you think that will shift? What time should I plan to be in the parking lot to be near the front of the rope drop? Should I head right to TOT then the Rock Coaster after getting a boarding group (hope hope)?
Hours: Won't know until closer. They have been updated anywhere from a few days to a few weeks ahead of time. As of now, 9am openings start back on March 29.

Time for rope drop: 75-90 minutes early will probably get you to near the front of the line - If your goal is TOT or RNR, you probably only need 60 minutes.

When to go to your ride: You should go to your RD ride as soon as you scan in. You'll most likely be waiting there 45 minutes to an hour or so before BG's become available. No rides open early any more, so you'll just be standing in line waiting for official park opening, which is right on the hour. When park opens, they do the boarding groups and give people a couple minutes to get that settled before rope drop lines start moving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter