Rose & Crown Menu Change

I don’t think it is a mistake. All ears seems to be out of date as the prices are lower there than on the Disney site. As mentioned too Disney Food Blog reported the steak coming off the menu as well.
You might want to check the actual menu on here - picture of the menu
Well, it’s disapointing that the menu is even more streamlined, I’m a bangers & mashed girl but I notice we’re down to 3 appetizers, one of which is a disappointing salad. The more Disney streamlines their menus to suit the DP, the more it pushes me out to the non Disney restaurants. I want/need more choices. Sorry for all of the steak lovers out there. I love Raglan and they have a lot more choice on their menu.

Well, it’s disapointing that the menu is even more streamlined, I’m a bangers & mashed girl but I notice we’re down to 3 appetizers, one of which is a disappointing salad. The more Disney streamlines their menus to suit the DP, the more it pushes me out to the non Disney restaurants. I want/need more choices. Sorry for all of the steak lovers out there. I love Raglan and they have a lot more choice on their menu.
Any good suggestions for an Epcot restaurant since we will no longer be going to Rose and Crown? We have already eaten at Teppan Edo and Nine Dragons.

Well I see they still have my corned beef and cabbage. I think I am going to keep my mouth shut at home. That gang of steak eaters would want to make me get a different ADR and I like R&C.

Any good suggestions for an Epcot restaurant since we will no longer be going to Rose and Crown? We have already eaten at Teppan Edo and Nine Dragons.
We really enjoy Spice Road, especially the lamb. Look at the menu, see if it suits your family. Chef’s has a good steak if that’s what you are leaning towards. Le Cellier does as well but it’s pricy and if you like sitting in your neighbors lap, then your in! Not a huge fan of buffets, but I do enjoy Biergarten. You could take the boat over to Yachtman or Flying Fish, that’s a quick jaunt over and back.

I think I am going to keep my mouth shut at home. That gang of steak eaters would want to make me get a different ADR and I like R&C.
and when you get there, be like :rolleyes1 . I’m truly shocked, I’ve always said, you can find a steak at every Disney restaurant. Like you, I travel with carnivores, I may just have to follow your lead in August, mums the word!

I told my husband about this last night and he said we will book it less often, which was shocking because he loves R&C and I am the one that forces us to limit our visits. I will just get the burger but I will miss the steak and fish and chips, it was a great price (for WDW).

I will miss the steak and fish & chips.
I seldom eat steak at Disney but the minute my feet hit Epcot I’m at Yorkshire getting fish & chips while the oil is fresh, the smell nauseates me as the day gets longer.

and when you get there, be like :rolleyes1 . I’m truly shocked, I’ve always said, you can find a steak at every Disney restaurant. Like you, I travel with carnivores, I may just have to follow your lead in August, mums the word!
We live in Kansas City and can get steak anytime. When I go to WDW I want to try new things.

We eat primarily at the Rose & Crown for the location - timed to Illuminations. So no steak? Then the burger it is for me. I'm a very picky eater - who doesn't eat anything that swims - aka fish & nothing crazily spicy - so that leaves out the chicken. :)

We eat primarily at the Rose & Crown for the location - timed to Illuminations. So no steak? Then the burger it is for me. I'm a very picky eater - who doesn't eat anything that swims - aka fish & nothing crazily spicy - so that leaves out the chicken. :)
So the menu change has simplified things for you. And I agree, I book for Illuminations as well!

I'd really like Disney to consider a limited menu for the dining plan and a separate menu for those that are paying cash. I understand the restaurants need to keep costs down due to the dining plan, but they can address this with a cost effective dining plan menu and a separate menu for cash customers. Why are the rest of us shortchanged by fewer and less authentic food offerings just because the restaurants have to keep costs low for the dining plan?

I'm so disappointed by this. We loved the surf and turn option. I almost considered not booking an ADR here, but it's tradition so we'll still go even with the more limited menu. Who knows, by November the menu could have changed again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter