Roughing it after Ike

stky6

Whereabouts Unknown
Hey all,

Survived for the most part from Ike's leftover fury in Ohio. We haven't had power since Sunday, lost the back half of my roof (shingles), back fence and two trees in the front yard. We've basically been camping in a really big wooden tent since Sunday. We broke out the camping gear Sunday night, we have a stove/oven combo so the smell of the pot roast cooking Sunday had all the neighbors asking if they could use our oven to cook some dinner. We worked out a compromise, they do all the grilling and we'll handle the extras for dinner...eveyone needs to cook up the meat in theor freezers anyway so we've been eating better than when the power is on :thumbsup2. Since we have all the light at night with the lanterns guess it's kinda like a grand gathering at our house every night. They're saying we should have power by the tonight or tomorrow so we'll see...just wish they wouldn't have brought in the generators in at work Monday, coulda had a nice camping week at home :lmao:

Hope you get everything back to normal soon!!!

We were at the northern end of the storm system. We got almost 6 inches of rain..but we didn't lose our power or have the really high winds here. About 30 miles south of us a tornado touched down and damaged some apartment buildings.

It really is amazing how we felt Ike too way up here in the midwest !!

We were at the northern end of the storm system. We got almost 6 inches of rain..but we didn't lose our power or have the really high winds here. About 30 miles south of us a tornado touched down and damaged some apartment buildings.

It really is amazing how we felt Ike too way up here in the midwest !!

You arent allowed to comment about the weather Shannone, you said it was dry and then BANG we get 6 inches of rain on my weekend off ! :mad:

Hey all,

Survived for the most part from Ike's leftover fury in Ohio. We haven't had power since Sunday, lost the back half of my roof (shingles), back fence and two trees in the front yard. We've basically been camping in a really big wooden tent since Sunday. We broke out the camping gear Sunday night, we have a stove/oven combo so the smell of the pot roast cooking Sunday had all the neighbors asking if they could use our oven to cook some dinner. We worked out a compromise, they do all the grilling and we'll handle the extras for dinner...eveyone needs to cook up the meat in theor freezers anyway so we've been eating better than when the power is on :thumbsup2. Since we have all the light at night with the lanterns guess it's kinda like a grand gathering at our house every night. They're saying we should have power by the tonight or tomorrow so we'll see...just wish they wouldn't have brought in the generators in at work Monday, coulda had a nice camping week at home :lmao:

Sorry to hear about your property damage. Hope you get power back real soon. Sounds like you all have a good attitude and are enjoying each other's company... and food!! :thumbsup2

My mom and sister both live in houston texas and my sisters power went out saturday and my moms went out sunday...they told my sister today that she will have her power back on October 3rd...it's about to push her over the edge because she is still having to go to work. :sad2:

My mom and dad just went to the Marriott to stay.

My DW is out of work due to no power at her office. No idea when it will come back on. So this could screw up our WDW trip:sad2: . Thanks IKE :mad:

My mom and sister both live in houston texas and my sisters power went out saturday and my moms went out sunday...they told my sister today that she will have her power back on October 3rd...it's about to push her over the edge because she is still having to go to work. :sad2:

My mom and dad just went to the Marriott to stay.

I remember those days like they were yesterday. We went to the Fort, they were beggin' people to come over...

Good luck with the power. By the way here's a parrot smilie:

mparrot.gif

Its amazing how disaster bring this country together......Sounds like you and the rest of the neighborhood are pooling your resources and getting to know each other on a level never achieved before!!! Hope the insurance is quick for you guys.

Hope it gets better fast. I can't believe that storm affected people all the way up there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter