ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

The refillable cup we purchased at CBBR, we purchased and activated it once and it was good for the length of our stay. We didn't have to re-activate it everyday or anything like that.

Ok , now that I am booked. We will be staying 11/21 to 11/29. Does Royal Pacific have any Thanksgiving meal specials? Any must do at the parks for the holidays? Shows that need to be pre booked. I was reading about the Grinch Christmas but not sure if that’s a pre book or not . Thoughts on the Luau?

You are arriving the day after we leave. We will be at Royal Pacific in a King Suite from 11/13 through 11/20. We did the Luau 2 years ago on our first night there. We had a good time. The entertainment was fun and the food was good. We were both extremely exhausted though from our long 2 day drive. We plan to go back again this year with nothing planned that day except exploring City Walk and maybe a couples massage.

You are arriving the day after we leave. We will be at Royal Pacific in a King Suite from 11/13 through 11/20. We did the Luau 2 years ago on our first night there. We had a good time. The entertainment was fun and the food was good. We were both extremely exhausted though from our long 2 day drive. We plan to go back again this year with nothing planned that day except exploring City Walk and maybe a couples massage.
I have been researching the Luau . I have two teen girls, would they like it? Thoughts on price vs value? We booked club level 2 queen. We’ve tried club level at Disney the last three visits in my husband loves it for the convenience. This is our first vacation to Universal. Hoping it is just as fantastic as Disney’s club level is.

I have been researching the Luau . I have two teen girls, would they like it? Thoughts on price vs value? We booked club level 2 queen. We’ve tried club level at Disney the last three visits in my husband loves it for the convenience. This is our first vacation to Universal. Hoping it is just as fantastic as Disney’s club level is.

While not exactly the same, I asked a question about the Luau iin someone else's trip report.

I asked:

How was the food at the Luau? I've been contemplating doing this on our next trip and know the cost of it is more about the show, but if the food isn't that great we'll spend out money elsewhere.

They answered:

The food was okay. It is served buffet style. There was plenty available. There are also Mai Tais available (included in the cost). It was good enough that we will do it again. The show was really good and we truly enjoyed it.

I actually was the one that responded to TommyJK about the food at the Luau. I still stand behind it. It was okay. I'm not a big buffet person to begin with. My husband and I both have been to Luaus in Hawaii and found it to be comparable though a slightly less quality/authenticity from those. It is expensive for a dinner but not a dinner and show. I believe the Hoop De Doo Revue at Disney is about the same price. Like I said, we are going to do it again and my husband doesn't ever do anything again that he thinks isn't worth it. :)

We did Club Level (Executive Level actually at Coronado Springs) for our Honeymoon in 2015. We did HRH at club level in 2018. We felt that they were comparable. We used them about the same. We tend to eat breakfast there and go in the evening for sweets. One thing that was much better is that we could get bottles of water and take to the park with us. They didn't have that at Disney.

I am sure you will have a great trip. We are empty nesters so I can't comment on the teen girls. I can say that when my son was a teenage, we lived in Florida and he love staying at the RP and going to Universal. I am sure you will have a great trip!

We are a family of 5 (myself, DH, DS21, DD19, DS16). I'm wanting to go ahead and make reservations for May, but we aren't sure whether DS21 will be coming or not. Is it easier to make the res. for 4 and add him if he can come or make it for 5 and take him off the res. if he cannot come. Thanks!

We are a family of 5 (myself, DH, DS21, DD19, DS16). I'm wanting to go ahead and make reservations for May, but we aren't sure whether DS21 will be coming or not. Is it easier to make the res. for 4 and add him if he can come or make it for 5 and take him off the res. if he cannot come. Thanks!

You can do either way. I‘d add him at check in.

Everyone registered will get a room key for EP use at check in. So if he’s not on the reservation, add him then if he does manage to come along.

I would definitely wait until you check in so you don’t have to deal removing one of the extra charges for adults

Is there any specific room request I
should make for club level at Royal Pacific?
Are there any rooms terribly far from the lounge?
Is the lounge near the elevators? Or a better view request? Or leave it to fate.
Also, how many floors are there in tower 3?
Does anyone have a room number map with location of lounge, elevators, etc.
I have google searched and cannot find one.
Thank you.
WOW! That’s a lot of questions..... sorry 😐

Last edited:
Yep. Our Universal trips are typically weekend getaways (leave Friday/return Monday) instead of week long trips, so we can take more of them per year. Our next trip will probably be in June. May would be nice, but we have a couple of graduations to attend that month.

Sounds like a good plan.......it’s nice to have so many trip planned so close together:thumbsup2

Is the lounge near the elevators? Or a better view request? Or leave it to fate.
Thank you.

You could request a pool view or you may end up looking over the road.

No, rooms are all close and not a long walk. We are on the 6th floor through choice and sometimes others are down there too. It depends on numbers, but usually you are on the 7th floor with the lounge.

The lounge is in the middle of the floor.

There are 7 floors in each tower.

2CFFEBF1-1863-4FD3-B1AA-D720A688D040.jpeg

This is the map of the 6th floor from someone on Trip Advisor, not my picture.

7th is similar except the Club Lounge is located in the middle of the corridors and faces right as you look at the map.

Elevators are to the far left.

Thank you.
We like room 3736, we've stayed there the last 3 times. From the elevator you walk down to the hub where the lounge is, take a right and go all the way down to the end of the hall. It is farthest from the elevator but it is right next to the stairwell. We go down the stairs every day and the exit is close to the boat dock. Being at the end there is little foot traffic and the room next to us is a large suite so never any noise from there. And this is our view.

73324120_10158004527628120_6937995508879196160_o.jpg

Editing to add it is a King room.

Last edited:
I have read through almost all 150 pages of this thread . 😬
Is there still a tip jar in the club level lounge?
Is it still shared among all staff ?

There is no jar. They do share, but I'm not sure what they would do if you said this is just for you.

Hope the read was a good one!!!

They do share tips for the most part. We tip each of them every day and know it all goes in a shared pot, but we still prefer do it that way.

If you give a special amount to any of the staff and tell them it’s just for them, that’s ok too. And I know it’s always appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter