Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on the cancellations thread said they got an email that their magical express tags for their June 1st arrival at VGF shipped. They are DVC. They called to confirm and they said they had indeed been shipped. Could be nothing, or could be an indicator MK/MK resorts/DVC or some combo is opening first.

My June 10th arrival Magic Band order just changed to "Your Magic Band order is being fulfilled. We will ship it shortly and provide tracking details." I am at AoA, LM rooms.

Has anyone had any luck in the past booking there before as a non DVC member?

We have booked at HH paying cash (we are not DVC). We had to book months in advance. I have checked availability a few times in the last couple of years and there is frequently little to no availability, even several months in advance. It is especially hard to get reservations in the summer. We were able to book for Spring Break in April a few years ago. We absolutely loved the resort. It was everything we expected out of Disney.

Have they announced an opening date?

Last edited:
It's my opinion.

I have no desire of paying all that money to be hit with a never-ending list of restrictions and basically be treated like a prisoner. Forcing everyone to wear a useless mask in 95 degree Florida heat for hours straight is a joke. It's not wearing it for 20 minutes while in a store and putting up with a little inconvenience, it's all freakin day in the sun. That's insane. If it's that dangerous that they have to force everyone to wear a mask in those conditions, they should not be open. That's my opinion.
Still not answered the question of where did I say it's necessary.

My trip is 6/21 I've only paid the $200 deposit. My remainder is due on May 22nd. I'm hoping, (doubtful) for some updates by then since DS phased opening is next week. If not I think I will pay in full and just wait it out to see if it gets cancelled. I really want to go but as stated before I'm also someone that makes 1-2 trips a year and would be okay with just doing DS and resort as long as the pool is open. It's just my husband and I though. I guess we'll see if they make any cancellations for June this week or next. It stinks it's such a waiting game but we knew this when we booked.

I also looked into reserving Hilton Head as a backup since we're driving to Disney for the first time and there is ZERO availability for June and July. Not one single night available to book paying cash not points. Has anyone had any luck in the past booking there before as a non DVC member?

We have stayed there in the past as DVC however I did a ton of research on the resort prior to - joined the FB group and read about their activities - and found that their cash rooms are EXTREMELY limited and go almost immediately. Even getting a DVC room there, outside of the 11 month mark during summer, is almost impossible. Side note - it's a lovely resort and if you are lucky enough to go - best CM's I've ever had the privilege to meet.

Okay so I just chatted with a cast member about my final payment and refund policy. I asked if she had knowledge of June cancellations yet since July reservations are only being taken and how many days I needed to cancel to get a full refund. When I booked they told me that reservations prior to 6/30 could be cancelled 24 hours in advance with a full refund. Now they are saying 7 days prior. So I am glad I asked. She also said they are at capacity for June so now I'm confused what to do lol. I guess I'll wait until the 7 day window and see if I get cancelled or if I want to go knowing the restrictions.

Azelea at 9:42, May 12: June reservations are not being taken since we are at capacity. If no action is taken by you before your check-in date for arrivals during the closure period, Disney will automatically cancel your reservation within 7 days of the original check-in date and process any refund due to the original form of payment. Please note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines and rental cars, as well as non-refundable products like travel protection plans, are deducted from refundable amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages.

My husband has things like these and they are HOT! Before we got our masks I wore one to Costco and I was dying by the time I left. My DH uses them when doing yard work, and wears as a scarf or headband when he hikes, but around the mouth it gets really hot and the fabric doesn't always stay up. It is a nice though, but you almost need the moisture wicking because wearing it alone across your face makes you sweat let alone being outside and moving.

Okay so I just chatted with a cast member about my final payment and refund policy. I asked if she had knowledge of June cancellations yet since July reservations are only being taken and how many days I needed to cancel to get a full refund. When I booked they told me that reservations prior to 6/30 could be cancelled 24 hours in advance with a full refund. Now they are saying 7 days prior. So I am glad I asked. She also said they are at capacity for June so now I'm confused what to do lol. I guess I'll wait until the 7 day window and see if I get cancelled or if I want to go knowing the restrictions.

Azelea at 9:42, May 12: June reservations are not being taken since we are at capacity. If no action is taken by you before your check-in date for arrivals during the closure period, Disney will automatically cancel your reservation within 7 days of the original check-in date and process any refund due to the original form of payment. Please note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines and rental cars, as well as non-refundable products like travel protection plans, are deducted from refundable amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages.
This is all great information. It would really be interesting to learn just how many people booked for June, it must be a lot of people!

oh that is interesting. Being at capacity.....that implies that there is a capacity level to hit and show that you have hit it which may meannnn.....they are opening in June....plus those magic bands being mailed...

I just logged in to see if I could select my bands for our November trip and it is still locked down - can't select magic bands yet.

oh that is interesting. Being at capacity.....that implies that there is a capacity level to hit and show that you have hit it which may meannnn.....they are opening in June....plus those magic bands being mailed...

I just logged in to see if I could select my bands for our November trip and it is still locked down - can't select magic bands yet.
I just checked and I can select magic bands for July now (but only the solid colors).

I was able to select free magic bands only for June, but the premium ones were not available. I read on another thread that premium bands won't be available until they are open.

My June 10th arrival Magic Band order just changed to "Your Magic Band order is being fulfilled. We will ship it shortly and provide tracking details." I am at AoA, LM rooms.
I just tried to change my magic band colors for late Aug/ early Sept trip and I was unable to edit them. I had edited them before all of this.

I was able to select free magic bands only for June, but the premium ones were not available. I read on another thread that premium bands won't be available until they are open.
They sell out quickly. They maybe just haven’t been restocked.

...that’s my optimism 😂

Does anyone know if they shipped any bands for May? I am wondering if everything is just proceeding as usual until they make a decision, or if they actually have plans to open.

I just tried to change my magic band colors for late Aug/ early Sept trip and I was unable to edit them. I had edited them before all of this.

You have to go to your plans to do it. I could not go to "My Magic Bands" to do it. I had to look under my resort reservation and there was an option to order Magic Bands.

Same for me last week. But I tend to agree on the fact that they sell out quickly.

This is all great information. It would really be interesting to learn just how many people booked for June, it must be a lot of people!
Interesting to find out if there is a capacity requirement for each hotel or for the resort overall.
Either way I am guessing that if WDW needs to cut some rooms they will start with the lowest priced rooms first.

Disney custodial CMs were called back to Disney Springs (prob was already said) but - if only 3rd party businesses opening, do they supply their own custodial staff? Or is the Disney custodial staff returning, indicative of Disney owned things reopening in the Springs?
I am guessing but Disney staff most likely would take care of restrooms out side of what is open plus our door stuff like walkways and railings. so I am guessing both Disney staff and 3rd party place staff but I would not look for Disney owned stuff opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter