Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this were the case, and CM's are authorized to say this- then Disney should have put out an official announcement about it. If they can let CM's put out the information, they can put it out officially. We shouldn't have to get details like that via a random phone CM. And, I don't think we do. For whatever reason they're saying it, I don't believe it. Unless it's an official announcement, I take it with a grain of salt. That said, if I had reservations for any time period that has not been officially closed, I'd keep them. If you can afford for Disney to hold your money, there's no reason to cancel early. It's exactly what I'm doing- with back up reservations in case they don't open.
I never 100% believe phone CMs, ever since my great ADR booking debacle of 2018 I don't really believe them (and I've had to remind CMs of tier group rules, and the fact they can't overlap my FP when I've had to call to book). I just thought it was interesting that they said the same thing, and it could have very well been the same exact CM. It gave my friend a shred of hope, and he's happy, so whatever floats his boat. I just want some kind of official news in the next couple of weeks, anything, even if it's a "it is not likely that we will open in the next 'x' months", I just want to know SOMETHING official even if it's bad news at this point. I booked a back up trip yesterday just in case, made sure it was before our ADR day so I can get in there and try to replicate our dining we have for our July trip. I'm hopeful I get to cancel it, but it makes me feel better to know I have it, but I'm not canceling July until Disney forces my hand (or does it for me).

If this were the case, and CM's are authorized to say this- then Disney should have put out an official announcement about it. If they can let CM's put out the information, they can put it out officially. We shouldn't have to get details like that via a random phone CM. And, I don't think we do. For whatever reason they're saying it, I don't believe it. Unless it's an official announcement, I take it with a grain of salt. That said, if I had reservations for any time period that has not been officially closed, I'd keep them. If you can afford for Disney to hold your money, there's no reason to cancel early. It's exactly what I'm doing- with back up reservations in case they don't open.
Honestly, it seems wrong to get people's hopes up for an opening by giving out info like that about being at capacity -- because you're right, Disney's made no official statement.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt...ings-does-not-mean-the-parks-will-be-open.htm
Disney is good at not keeping people's hopes up. Now they are saying the same thing for July as they did for June. ☹.
Honestly, it really is still too far out to tell anything, even for most of June. I highly doubt the very beginning of June sees an opening, but they honestly can't plan an opening until Florida sees positive data and moves forward with their phases. They don't want to annouce an opening 1.5-2 months from now because in the current situation a lot can happen between now and then. I wouldn't expect him to say anything different right now.

Yes! This too! Honestly, I think all the people who don’t understand the angst over masks must not have small children in their party any longer.
If I had small children I would not be going anywhere near WDW. Especially with this latest complication that appears to be fatal to children. And I don’t care if it’s 1 chance in a zillion. No chance is worth taking with my kids health. I know people have money at stake with annual passes or other stuff. Sorry. No cash value on my kids safety. Grown ups can assume any risk they want. Kids have no say.

Honestly, it really is still too far out to tell anything, even for most of June. I highly doubt the very beginning of June sees an opening, but they honestly can't plan an opening until Florida sees positive data and moves forward with their phases. They don't want to annouce an opening 1.5-2 months from now because in the current situation a lot can happen between now and then. I wouldn't expect him to say anything different right now.
No they can't plan on opening til they see more positive data. They get everyone's hopes up one day and then next come out and say there is no guarantee we are opening July 1st

If I had small children I would not be going anywhere near WDW. Especially with this latest complication that appears to be fatal to children. And I don’t care if it’s 1 chance in a zillion. No chance is worth taking with my kids health. I know people have money at stake with annual passes or other stuff. Sorry. No cash value on my kids safety. Grown ups can assume any risk they want. Kids have no say.
If my kids were going on our July trip we would have already cancelled it. They have already been exposed since I had it and was around them before any symptoms showed (so we know they were exposed), but I'm still not taking any chances at all with that. It's just DH and I, and they are spending most of July shuttling between grandparents that they haven't seen since Christmas, but if this weren't the case we'd have already canceled/moved the trip. We do have a Christmas trip booked, with a cruise, and still haven't made a decision yet because we have no clue what the status of this virus will be that far out. Everyone needs to be realistic when deciding whether or not to still go once the parks open. It's not about not wanting certain people to go, it's people being knowledgeable and reasonable about the risks to themselves and their children, and anyone at any greater risk needs to stay home.

For anyone waiting to see if the first week of June is being cancelled, I got the dreaded “you’re travel dates are impacted” email on Tuesday April 21 for my May 16-24 trip. So maybe if no one gets one today...🤞🏻

No they can't plan on opening til they see more positive data. They get everyone's hopes up one day and then next come out and say there is no guarantee we are opening July 1st
It's the Disney way these days. I was just saying I don't read in to anything said at the meeting this morning as being positive or negative, they just don't know yet.

Disney is good at not keeping people's hopes up. Now they are saying the same thing for July as they did for June. ☹.

Tried to warn you "if" it happens.

Why? I don't get the June 1st obsession.

WDW will open when they decide to open.

If folks are reserving and planning to visit in June (or July or August or January) certainly they have heard of the Worldwide Pandemic that's taking place currently. The planning should take place, but with this in mind.

How would anybody be surprised if things change and cancellations happen?
That's the thing. Why is July safe now? August? Who knows, esp if things spike again.

What's the definition of insanity?

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt...ings-does-not-mean-the-parks-will-be-open.htm
That bums me out. If they start canceling June stays this week, I think it will be pretty clear that they are not planning on opening this summer, but they need to cancel one week at a time to not overwhelm the system and to keep deposits for as long as possible.

then next come out and say there is no guarantee we are opening July 1st

Pretty sure they did not come out and say "we guarantee we will open July 1" so yes obviously entirely possible.

This is all great information. It would really be interesting to learn just how many people booked for June, it must be a lot of people!
I don’t think it’s that many compared to typical occupancy b/c for they shut it down, there were pretty much rooms in every category left.

That bums me out. If they start canceling June stays this week, I think it will be pretty clear that they are not planning on opening this summer, but they need to cancel one week at a time to not overwhelm the system and to keep deposits for as long as possible.

I am not sure if this is new or was always there, but I read the operational update posted on MDE this morning and it said that even though reservations are being taken from July 1 forward, people can still modify reservations whether it be they open BEFORE or After. This was first time I saw the before thing mentioned... did i miss it before or this "new" language recently added...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter