Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what they'll do for how much extra cleaning is going to be required for hotel rooms between folks?

There's definitely things they could do like book every other room and clean the middle one while it's empty or something like that, although that doesn't really work for the varied length in stays that's typical for Disney trips.

It seems like the more you think about it, the more complicated systems you find that need to be completely rethought. I certainly do not envy the folks in charge of all of this!

Unless the bands are waiting for them in their rooms when they arrive. You can open your room with a cellphone.
Perhaps. It was 2018 when I last visited so cant remember for sure but I dont think we had been told room number I'm advance either. Although I suppose that's not really a significant issue to work around.

I just spoke to her, she has not heard any of that, i asked how they get their communications and she said she would've received an email on her work account.
Also she added that if the specific cm had that info they wouldn't be allowed to share until Disney announced first to everyone and the cm would most likely be fired
So of course my next question was, maybe you know but can't tell me... she told me she honestly didn't know :D
Now that doesn't really confirm anything so we're back to square one
If you had come back with a response of “ I can’t confirm or deny that”, I’d take the information as accurate. lol But I absolutely believe the CM would be fired. Releasing information like that can send people rushing to make changes. I’m back to wait and see. We just went through a 2 hr family planning session to decide park days to book FP’s next week and it wasn’t the least bit enjoyable knowing we may be doing it for nothing. Thank you for the information though, at least it wasn’t a definite yes- hope still lives!:) I have to call signature services on Monday, it will be interesting to see what they have to say- if they’re even available.

Last edited:
If you had come back with a response of “ I can’t confirm or deny that”, I’d take the information as accurate. lol But I absolutely believe the CM would be fired. Releasing information like that can send people rushing to make changes. I’m back to wait and see. We just went through a 2 hr family planning session to decide park days to book FP’s next week and it wasn’t the least bit enjoyable knowing we may be doing it for nothing. Thank you for the information though, at least it wasn’t a definite yes- hope still lives!:) I have to call signature services on Monday, it will be interesting to see what they have to say- if they’re even available.
Uhhh... :( Signature Services is closed. Like it’s been a week since I looked in on the CL thread so it could have changed but that’s what was being reported there and on the CL FP thread. They are only responding via email and it takes days. You aren’t looking for the CLFP program are you? That was reported as being stopped for now.

Last edited:
I am on the phone with DVC member services right now. I wanted to modify my trip. The CM said that the parks are scheduled to open June 15. They may not open then, but they will not open before June 15. Magic Kingdom area is the ONLY area that will be open. Magic KIngdom will be the only park open. This will be Phase one. They will open other parks as they see how Phase one goes.

There will be NO FAST PASSES, NO CHARACTER MEETINGS AND VERY LIMITED RESTAURANTS. There will be a "digital registry" for rides. Again, MK is the only park opening JUne 15 until later phases.

He (the CM) also said that EPCOT will be the LAST park to open. I am on hold right now getting my OTU points refunded.

I have never had a CM (during this closure) be so candid and forthright with information.

Probably repeating what was already said (sorry, not reading through another 6-7 pages, lol). However... I wouldn't give this much weight. Phone CMs are notoriously in the dark about upcoming Disney policy, changes etc... Besides the date, everything she told you is on page 1 of this thread, and chances are - that's where she got it. The June 15th thing is kind of specific, and *maybe* that holds some weight. Maybe there are some internal rumblings going on but... I wouldn't make any changes based on this.

Uhhh... :( Signature Services is closed. Like it’s been a week since I looked in on the CL thread so it could have changed but that’s what was being reported there and on the CL FP thread. They are only responding via email and it takes days. You aren’t looking for the CLFP program are you? That was reported as being stopped for now.
I hadn’t checked into it, but not surprised it’s closed. I’m not interested in booking clfp’s, and not in a huge rush for a response so I’ll try emailing. Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is where I ask...
Any thoughts on the mid-August "not so scary" halloween parties? We bought tickets for the August 18 one--and that is the main reason we are going. If the party is not happening, we can wait for a later date.
We have room reservations at Coronado, but if it was a situation where only MK is open AND they have the party (would/could that even happen?) we would shorten our trip, book a room at one of the MK area resorts, and just do the party.

Any thoughts on the mid-August "not so scary" halloween parties? We bought tickets for the August 18 one--and that is the main reason we are going. If the party is not happening, we can wait for a later date.
We have room reservations at Coronado, but if it was a situation where only MK is open AND they have the party (would/could that even happen?) we would shorten our trip, book a room at one of the MK area resorts, and just do the party.

I really don't see them happening, especially if they end up not doing parades, fireworks etc...

I'm guessing all after hours parties are probably going to off for the time being. Especially if physical distancing is going to be around til there is a treatment or vaccine.

I'm guessing all after hours parties are probably going to off for the time being. Especially if physical distancing is going to be around til there is a treatment or vaccine.
The after hours parties are built in for distancing, limited admission , limited services etc. Probably a guideline for the way things will be for normal hours, obviously with more specific mitigation elements, markings on the floor, every other QS line etc.

Let me know if you hear anything. We are in the same boat.

I think they’ll run them if they’re open. They make too much money on them not to. All the entertainment was subject to change anyway. Ouch... what if they don’t run any of the entertainment, tell everyone it was subject to change and maintain the policy the party tickets are non-refundable?...

The after hours parties are built in for distancing, limited admission , limited services etc. Probably a guideline for the way things will be for normal hours, obviously with more specific mitigation elements, markings on the floor, every other QS line etc.
Not true anymore.

Last mnsshp I went to was just as busy as it was during the daytime.

The "limits" seem to have been increased over the years.

But the trick or treat lines can be long and close, plus the special parade and shows and fireworks. Then there are the extra characters. MNSSHP seems to be mostly things they are avoiding or would be hard with social distancing.

Unless they significantly reduce ticket sales, I don’t see how they have the parties. We quit doing them because of the heavy crowds. After Hours on the other hand, seem tailor made for this. I could walk around seeing no one for a very long time. Lines for rides are non-existent for the most part.

I think they’ll run them if they’re open. They make too much money on them not to. All the entertainment was subject to change anyway. Ouch... what if they don’t run any of the entertainment, tell everyone it was subject to change and maintain the policy the party tickets are non-refundable?...
That would be the worst!

But the trick or treat lines can be long and close, plus the special parade and shows and fireworks. Then there are the extra characters. MNSSHP seems to be mostly things they are avoiding or would be hard with social distancing.
After Hours are a separated hard ticket event and nothing like the crowds at the holiday parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter