Rumor: Water Sprites Have Been Eliminated

The pontoon boats are also fun.
About 20 years ago we rented one for an evening on the like too much for fireworks. We had dessert and wine catered and invited for friends to go out with us! It was a spectacular evening.

I've been boating all my life and I can't imagine how you could miss one of those ferries. They're huge in relation to the sprites. The only thing I could see where Disney would be negligent is maybe lack of training or even orientation before handing over the keys. Just an observation. The boats were still around long after those accidents.

It wasn’t a ferry; it was a Sassagoula boat.
The article said ferry, but I did wonder when the location was the Tree Houses, and they had rented the boat from Down Town Disney. (Point taken though 👍).
As far as the 1989 article, my point stands as it appears that really was a ferry, but again, does the press know what they're talking about.

SO SAD TO HEAR OF THIS! We haven’t been to WDW in several years, probably at least 15. Hubby wants to go back (I make DL my second home but he doesn’t like to go there). Just booked trip for November and was looking for some other fun things that we used to do when kid was young. Water sprites WERE A BLAST! We would always do them one afternoon.

We did fireworks cruise a couple of times when we had large group and then did the motorboat thing when just the three of us. Always a great time…

Well, I guess I’m glad I got to experience it then…😢

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter