Rumors that Disney is in negotiations to sell Star Wars back to George Lucas!

Well, there goes the neighborhood. Dave Filoni is the worst thing that ever happened to Star wars, so we can only expect tripe from here on out. No more good stories, no more themes, just endless "Wouldn't it be cool if X meets Y," random major retcons, death becoming meaningless, overpowered Mary Sues, pointlessly convoluted lore, and movies that are just playing with action figures.
How dare you! Dave Filoni was working for Lucasfilm when George was still around.

Respectfully disagree. Filoni seems way more respectful of George than what has been in charge recently. I think ultimately he will want to be respectful of what George created. My only fear is the Ahsoka character. He sure loves “his” characters and I fear he will want to shoehorn her into everything.

Star Wars is in such a bad place right now, that I am not sure he can do any worse than the hot garbage they have done in recent years.

So... Working with George Lucas automatically means you can do no wrong? Hell, Lucas himself made his share of mistakes.
No, I don’t think that is the case at all. Just being around brilliant people in cinema does not make you one. KK was around Lucas and Spielberg a ton and all she seems to know how to do is destroy franchises. Willow = dead franchise . Indy = dead franchise. Star Wars = on life support.

Well, there goes the neighborhood. Dave Filoni is the worst thing that ever happened to Star wars, so we can only expect tripe from here on out. No more good stories, no more themes, just endless "Wouldn't it be cool if X meets Y," random major retcons, death becoming meaningless, overpowered Mary Sues, pointlessly convoluted lore, and movies that are just playing with action figures.
Have you watched the same shows ??? Maybe you don't actually like Star Wars if you hate women that much.

People seem to be waking up to how bad the theatrical products have been lately at Disney. Things I was saying years ago and being called names for are now being said in mainstream media articles. The shills are becoming fewer and fewer it seems.

You want KKs job? Based on your knowledge and fandom, I can’t imagine you wouldn’t be a significant improvement.

Last edited:
I’m so glad I’m too busy with film school and working on the pitch for my short film to get into this repetitive nonsense again.
sometimes it is best to ignore, especially when it is the same over and over.... no point in rehashing. If you like a show: great, if not: then watch something else. It is not a one size fits all world. Expecting or hoping to please everyone is going to result in frustration.

Awesome on the film school!!

Last edited:
I really dislike Dave Filoni's storytelling and am not looking forward to him being involved in every project going forward. At least Andor Season 2 is already in production.

I really dislike Dave Filoni's storytelling and am not looking forward to him being involved in every project going forward. At least Andor Season 2 is already in production.
I really don;t follow the SW details that closely - what stories is he mostly responsible for?

I really don;t follow the SW details that closely - what stories is he mostly responsible for?

He worked with George directly on The Clone Wars animated series. After the buyout, he developed Rebels and has been one of the major creatives a Lucasfilm. He developed The Mandalorian with Jon Favreau, and all of the spin-off series from that, Boba Fett, and Ahsoka. Ahsoka is his pet character since he has developed her since the beginning.

He made Rebels and that's all I needed to be onboard with him.
I think a lot of what made that show great was due to other writers and directors. Filoni didn't write or direct many of the episodes. (Except the end of Season 4, which I'm honestly not a huge fan of either. But the World Between Worlds makes me roll my eyes super hard.) Filoni's episodes of Mandalorian and BoBF were my least favorites. Perhaps he got better with Ahsoka, but I haven't watched.

I think there are legitimate concerns with Filoni.

I liked most of Ahsoka, but I loathed Book of Boba.

I think he is smart and he cares dearly for Star Wars lore, I just am not 100% convinced he is the person to guide the ship. Some things you can get away with in animation just don’t translate to live action imho.

I guess I am cautiously optimistic overall. I just hope he just doesn’t put Ahsoka in everything as his pet character.

I think there are legitimate concerns with Filoni.

I liked most of Ahsoka, but I loathed Book of Boba.

I think he is smart and he cares dearly for Star Wars lore, I just am not 100% convinced he is the person to guide the ship. Some things you can get away with in animation just don’t translate to live action imho.

I guess I am cautiously optimistic overall. I just hope he just doesn’t put Ahsoka in everything as his pet character.
Correct me if i'm wrong, it sounds like his promotion is to ensure the stories moving forward stay on track. More of oversight than creative presence. He basically has said that he was brought in too late into the production which made it harder to make appropriate changes or suggestions, this sounds like a way of addressing any major concerns pre production.

Correct me if i'm wrong, it sounds like his promotion is to ensure the stories moving forward stay on track. More of oversight than creative presence. He basically has said that he was brought in too late into the production which made it harder to make appropriate changes or suggestions, this sounds like a way of addressing any major concerns pre production.

Yeah, it's not like he's going to write everything himself. He'll just be guiding the general direction of things. Personally, I love Dave, but if you don't, there will still be other voices doing some of the projects.

I agree that sounds like what he will do. He is generally pretty good and knows Star Wars lore and that gives me hope. He also is completely obsessed with his characters and gives me a reason for concern.

One of the biggest failures of the Disney ST in my opinion was the disjointed delivery due to the lack of a cohesive plan. TFA was decent and set up some big things, TLJ was hot garbage and messed everything up, TROS was an attempt to fix all the stuff that Rian Johnson screwed up. Filoni guiding the outline for projects should prevent this type of problem from happening again.

I agree that sounds like what he will do. He is generally pretty good and knows Star Wars lore and that gives me hope. He also is completely obsessed with his characters and gives me a reason for concern.

One of the biggest failures of the Disney ST in my opinion was the disjointed delivery due to the lack of a cohesive plan. TFA was decent and set up some big things, TLJ was hot garbage and messed everything up, TROS was an attempt to fix all the stuff that Rian Johnson screwed up. Filoni guiding the outline for projects should prevent this type of problem from happening again.

I have been watching a Star Wars marathon over the past few dyas, and having jsut rewatched the OT, I still contend that it had no plan and is just as disjointed as the Sequels. Not that I see that as a bad thing, but the idea that they have to have a master plan to make a successful trilogy doesn't hold up for me. ROTJ does almost the exact same thing as TROS - it tried to "fix" the stuff that Empire changed from the first one - and there was some consternation about that at the time. If I had to criticize anything about the Sequels, it's that they mirror the OT a little too much, warts and all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter