runDisney Announcement

Not sure what we will be doing. WnD is a favorite time to go to WDW for my DH. I did not have a positive WnD relay event. I liked the ToT relay event.

I guess for me/us it will depend on cut-off timing and vaca logistics. We are planning on a BIG January 2013 event trip and saving for that as well. First thing DH asked was what the cut-off event time would be.

There are many who have negative thoughts, and there are many who have positive thoughts. WISHing that whoever gets to go that the experience is a great one.

If it is any help, Disney seems married to the 16 minute pace requirements....So the cut off would be 160 minutes or 2:40.

I'm excited about the new W&D dates! We are now booked to go from the 8th-18th so I hope it works out for us...first I need to make it through the Tink!

I am not happy about the change in W&D. We were really excited to do it again. But, we enjoyed 2 days after the race at the festival. Now there will barely be 1 day to enjoy it. Not to mention the fact that it is the last weekend of the F&W, long weekend for Columbus Day, and the end of Jersey Week (which is a favorite time for me to visit ;) ) the crowds will be insane.
We will probably still try to go, but not happy with the changes.
As for the TOT, as much as I would like to do it and collect a new medal, I am not likely going to do this one. Seems kinda crazy to spend all that money and time for 10 miles. I have a hard enough time justifying a trip for a half.

I also suspect it will be too much in the park time. I like the quiet stretches in between the parks as well. I kinda think the W&D spends a little too much time in HS.

I have to ask......are there really so many people in Jersey that go to WDW that it causes a bump in attendance?

I have to ask......are there really so many people in Jersey that go to WDW that it causes a bump in attendance?

I asked that myself and never was a real believer in Jersey Week until our trip this year....it is a true phenomenon! Now, it wasn't Christmas or summer crowded but the last 3 days of Jersey Week were the most crowded we have ever seen it (we usually go Jan/Feb but have been in April/May)...more crowded than our Spring Break trip last year, which was the 3rd week of April. And literally 95% of the people we spoke with were from the Northeast (mostly NJ)...they all get a week off school and WDW is apparently the place to be! Starting Sunday and definitely Monday of our trip, the crowds just disappeared! We still enjoyed our trip and November is a great time to go, but we will choose a later week next time.

Never heard of it until the change in the W&D race...

Had to google it and this page seems to sum it up well

http://**************.net/2010/05/02/jersey-week-at-walt-disney-world/

So here is a question no one has asked. Will this new race be considered part of the coast to coast challenge?

Happy Running!
Pam

Never heard of it until the change in the W&D race...

Had to google it and this page seems to sum it up well

http://**************.net/2010/05/02/jersey-week-at-walt-disney-world/

I'd never heard of it either and googled it myself earlier. Guess its the same phenomenon as the entire state of Louisiana heading to WDW Mardi Gras weekend.

I'd never heard of it either and googled it myself earlier. Guess its the same phenomenon as the entire state of Louisiana heading to WDW Mardi Gras weekend.

Except..

These people are from New Jersey.. Not Louisiana. Picture Jersey Shore and Carlos's bakery.

Don't get me wrong. I love New Jersey. Well... That might be taking it too far.. South Jersey maybe... (I'm joking, I'm from Philadelphia area and there is a rivalry thing.)

So here is a question no one has asked. Will this new race be considered part of the coast to coast challenge?

Happy Running!
Pam

According to the parks blog, that would be a no. Only halfs or longer count.

Except..

These people are from New Jersey.. Not Louisiana. Picture Jersey Shore and Carlos's bakery.

Don't get me wrong. I love New Jersey. Well... That might be taking it too far.. South Jersey maybe... (I'm joking, I'm from Philadelphia area and there is a rivalry thing.)

South Jersey's an entirely different state...

South Jersey's an entirely different state...

South Jersey should be a seperate state. No problem with South Jersey.. Of course they are mostly phillies, flyers and eagles fans there... Oh wait.. that is probably that rivalry thing again... :)

Except..

Most people from NJ are nothing like what you see in Jersey Shore or Carlos bakery! LOL

As for Jersey week, I have been there before and my family was there this year and it isn't that bad. is it crowded yes, but if you have a plan it is manageable.

This is the first time I've heard of Jersey week and we've been down there during it twice without knowing it. We love going for Festival of the Masters so we try to go then and while its busy never felt it was that bad...

Most people from NJ are nothing like what you see in Jersey Shore or Carlos bakery! LOL

As for Jersey week, I have been there before and my family was there this year and it isn't that bad. is it crowded yes, but if you have a plan it is manageable.

I said I was joking... Thanks for getting the attempt at humor.

My problem is moving the marathon to an already crowded weekend.

I really don't understand moving the wine and dine to make room for the ToT. Leave wine and dine where it was and add ToT where they are moving the wine and dine... You know ... closer to Halloween!?!

I have done both wine and dine races.. and will probably do this one. Just not happy about the move after announcing the date. (YES, I know it said subject to change!)

I said I was joking... Thanks for getting the attempt at humor.

My problem is moving the marathon to an already crowded weekend.

I really don't understand moving the wine and dine to make room for the ToT. Leave wine and dine where it was and add ToT where they are moving the wine and dine... You know ... closer to Halloween!?!

I have done both wine and dine races.. and will probably do this one. Just not happy about the move after announcing the date. (YES, I know it said subject to change!)

Lol. I was joking too because people always associate those shows with people from NJ and in reality majority of people from this state are nothing like that. Haha. We are used to it here though!

In all honesty, Disney is not going to please everyone. For some, including myself, I am thrilled about this change because I will be able to do it. For others, the move is not good. But it is what it is. Hope you can make it down for the race!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter